What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clowney, someone please explain his lack of production (1 Viewer)

GridironMenace

Footballguy
I don't get it. The guy is a freak. He killed the combine and with his size/speed combo he should have destroyed the competition all season. I don't care if he plays in a great conference, most those guys still don't have NFL calibur talent and this guy is supposed to be an elite, blue chip, can't miss prospect. It just doesn't add up for me. How can this guy only get 3 sacks this season with a middling number of TFL's? Someone, please help me out because I've got to be missing something. Just by looking at his measurables and comparing it to his production against a talent pool far less than his own, this guy is screaming all-time bust to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a lot harder to try sack opposing QBs when you don't care and are merely trying to get through a season without getting hurt.

It's a lot harder to try sack opposing QBs when you don't care and are merely trying to get through a season without getting hurt.
That's a fair explanation. But, could the same happen to his NFL career after he gets a payday?

Also, why not come out last year if you are worried about getting injured?

That's a fair explanation. But, could the same happen to his NFL career after he gets a payday?

1-Yes, his motivation is a worry.

2-He wasn't able to declare last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

1-Yes, his motivation is a worry.

2-He wasn't able to declare last year.
Sorry about that, I thought he returned for his senior season.

Users who are viewing this thread