What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Under the radar CBs? (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
My league is having it's early FA period and I am looking for CB. Anyone that wasn't a starter last year that has a chance to move into a starting role?

Any help is appreciated!

Every league is different, so not sure of the pool you're looking at, but I stashed Trumaine Johnson and Xavier Rhodes late in the season intending to keep one or the other. Usually do this throughout the season as we can cheaply control all players with less than four years of service time, but cb is last in priority since theya re so easy to find. Honestly didn't spend much time evaluating either, but that's because of the constraints of this league.

I picked up David Amerson late last year, and he's still unrostered in another league I'm in. I think he's penciled in as a starter for now.

trumaine brock

darius slay

byron maxwell

dee milliner

trumaine johnson

dre kirkpatrick (maybe)

pending the nfl draft, these are guys on paper that seem to be in line for an increase in opportunity.

Before the draft it's hard to really do more than throw darts. That said...

I'm confident you probably already know this, but don't forget about the rumors out of Pittsburgh earlier this offseason that William Gay may be starting opposite Allen at one CB spot for the Steelers with Taylor being moved to the 3rd corner role. If that happens he is going to get thrown at constantly. He's a decent tackler, can make some plays on the ball and is a good blitzer, but he's an inside corner if there every was one. Teams will go after him with alacrity.

Of course, it also looks like the Steelers are likely to draft a CB pretty early and that could/should pretty much kill his chances of starting, but given their proclivity to bring along rookies on D so slowly in the past Gay could still have a season of usefulness if he was able to remain in the starting lineup.

Someone to keep an eye on through camp, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Micah Hyde may move to safety in Green Bay but if he remains listed at CB may put up better tackle numbers. Casey Hayward (also GB)after an injury filled season may be available.

Liking that the Titans didn't take a corner (yet anyway), Wreh-Wilson remains a potential steal.

Users who are viewing this thread