What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rainey has horrible night, scores 16.7 points (1 Viewer)

What did Hester get in this system? About 18 points?

Who would say, "Yeah, Devin Hester played about as well as Bobby Rainey" in that game?

OG_GF said:

Who would say, "Yeah, Devin Hester played about as well as Bobby Rainey" in that game?
This is 1 of the more foolish posts ive seen in quite some time. You're confusing real life football with fantasy football. If John Kuhn vultured 2 tds from Lacy but Lacy rushed it 25 times for 115 yds compared to Kuhns 2 carries for 2 yds, who had the better fantasy day? Kuhn. Who had the better real life game? Its not even close, Lacy. Come on.

Rainey caught 7 balls, in a PPR format that is stellar. I don't care how he looked, its about production. Even if you deducted pts for fumbles, he was scoring ~ 15 pts there w/o a touchdown. That's really good production from a RB2.

You definitely need to separate real life football vs fantasy.

They are entirely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
OG_GF said:

17.5 for Hester

And Hester played much better than Rainey - and scored more points although barely because of the receptions - that is FF and this particular scoring system - if YOU don't like it find another contest with rules you like better

Rainey had a horrible game. He should be deducted 4 points for fumbles lost. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

OG_GF said:

Here's an idea. You could start your own FF contest called Subjective Fantasy Football. You could just forget about the stats and a scoring system all together. Just give every player a ranking out of 10 based on how well/poorly you think they played.

Last night you could give Hester a 9, he scored two TD's. And maybe give Rainey a 4 because even though he gained 100+ yards and 7 rec, he lost two fumbles.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D, 1 K. End of the week every team would be given a score out of 100.

The better team would always win this way.

Just playing Devil's advocate here,in a league(any league,not just FPC or FFPC) that deducts for interceptions(a turnover) and gives points intercepting and recovering fumbles(turnovers),why wouldn't you deduct for a lost fumble(a turnover). It's totally consistent with your handling of how you treat all other turnovers. I disagree with the poster when he says Rainey had a "terrible" game,he put up solid RB2 numbers,but I understand his questioning of the way "turnovers" are scored,or not scored. Just my 2cents.

Just playing Devil's advocate here,in a league(any league,not just FPC or FFPC) that deducts for interceptions(a turnover) and gives points intercepting and recovering fumbles(turnovers),why wouldn't you deduct for a lost fumble(a turnover). It's totally consistent with your handling of how you treat all other turnovers. I disagree with the poster when he says Rainey had a "terrible" game,he put up solid RB2 numbers,but I understand his questioning of the way "turnovers" are scored,or not scored. Just my 2cents.
Exactly. If a RB just drops the ball without being touched, and the defense recovers, the defense gets points for the recovery, but the RB is not penalized for the fumble. Seems wrong to me.

Exactly. If a RB just drops the ball without being touched, and the defense recovers, the defense gets points for the recovery, but the RB is not penalized for the fumble. Seems wrong to me.
And this goes back to your complaining last year when you were upset you lost to a lesser seed. Do you not read the rules before you enter this thing? It boggles my mind how u keep complaining about rules/scoring/seeding etc etc yet YOU entered this thing. No one forced you to buy your teams. If you don't like the way this is setup, its simple, go elsewhere. They aren't going to change their rules because u don't like it. Its reality. So go join another league that penalizes for fumbles (which there are many of) and stop whining already. And its only wrong if it affects you it seems. You obviously faced Rainey. And if you owned Rainey, this thread doesn't exist.

I also still disagree with the seeding. Last year my team with the second most points and the second best record was the third seed. It doesn't make sense to pit the top 2 scoring teams against each other in the first week of the playoffs.

I understand that things can't be changed this year, but that does not mean I should remain silent about the things I would like to see changed. Not that it's any of your business, but I have a backer, and he wants to play in this contest.

I also still disagree with the seeding. Last year my team with the second most points and the second best record was the third seed. It doesn't make sense to pit the top 2 scoring teams against each other in the first week of the playoffs.

I understand that things can't be changed this year, but that does not mean I should remain silent about the things I would like to see changed. Not that it's any of your business, but I have a backer, and he wants to play in this contest.
IT IS ALL IN THE RULES! What part of that don't you understand? You cannot freely join a tournament that has its rules explicitly posted FOR ALL TO SEE, only to complain about it later on when it doesn't go your way. You sound like a bitter child who doesn't get his or her way.

Again, go join a different league. There are enough people that like the system as it stands. You complain about everything that affects you negatively. If you were the seed who benefited from it last year, u would have loved the rule. Why wasn't this thread started before week 1?

A) You didn't know the rules

B) You weren't negatively effected by said rule

C) Both A & B

I'm going C here.

I don't see anything wrong with me posting ideas about rule changes that I think would improve this contest. Instead of attacking me, how about you make some points about why you think these rules are good.

I don't see anything wrong with me posting ideas about rule changes that I think would improve this contest. Instead of attacking me, how about you make some points about why you think these rules are good.
So why didn't you post this in the preseason? Or ALL of last year? Did you not read the rules? You were in this tournament all last year as well and that rule existed. Just randomly took a Bobby Rainey 2-fumble game for you to 'suggest' a rule change? haha, its so obvious with you and all your posts. If it helps you win, you don't mind it. if it doesn't, its a bad rule.

/Thread

Personal attacks are just how a lot of these guys roll. One of the biggest reasons I rarely bother posting anything.

That being said, I agree with the OP. Fumbles should be deducted, just as interceptions count against the QB.

The one that really gets me though is Tampa bay D getting 16 when they got totally blown out. I've had points against (plus and minus) as a category in a league before and I think that may be another rule to take a look at.

I believe there was a thread last year about fumbles not counting against, and although I disagreed with it, I am not sure if I spoke up about it our not. My bad.

I did post last year about the flaws in the seeding system, but mostly I was flamed by people that were not affected by it (and therefore didn't care, see how that works?) and nothing was done to improve it.

Personal attacks are just how a lot of these guys roll. One of the biggest reasons I rarely bother posting anything.

That being said, I agree with the OP. Fumbles should be deducted, just as interceptions count against the QB.

The one that really gets me though is Tampa bay D getting 16 when they got totally blown out. I've had points against (plus and minus) as a category in a league before and I think that may be another rule to take a look at.
Its not personal. This guy complains about everything, go back to his threads from last year.

But I stand by my main point, there are thousands of leagues to join, so to complain about rules when u freely join the tournament WITH THOSE RULES IN PLACE, sounds foolish.

Just join another league that has different rules. Seems simple to me.

I did not notice this (perhaps since it didn't affect me :) ) but that does seem weird that a team could get blown out that bad, and score so well in this system.

I am not here to "whine" or argue with people, I am here to discus ways we think this can be improved going forward.

I believe there was a thread last year about fumbles not counting against, and although I disagreed with it, I am not sure if I spoke up about it our not. My bad.

I did post last year about the flaws in the seeding system, but mostly I was flamed by people that were not affected by it (and therefore didn't care, see how that works?) and nothing was done to improve it.
Again, do you not read the rules of a tournament you're entering? This is what I don't understand. All the playoff rules/seeding is clearly posted for all to see. So you entered the tournament knowing the rules and still got upset over it? Or u entered it not knowing the rules? Which one is it ?

Again, do you not read the rules of a tournament you're entering? This is what I don't understand. All the playoff rules/seeding is clearly posted for all to see. So you entered the tournament knowing the rules and still got upset over it? Or u entered it not knowing the rules? Which one is it ?
Apparently you have a reading retention problem. I have a backer, and this is the contest he wants to play.

Apparently you have a reading retention problem. I have a backer, and this is the contest he wants to play.
A backer is someone who funds YOUR entry fee to play. Do you not get that? A backer has the funds to play it, that's the whole purpose of a backer haha. You're talking in bizarro language.

Anyway to the issue at hand...again, u need to inform your 'backer' of the official rules then. That's a bad job on your part to not have all the rules down. If he knew that fumbles weren't accounted for prior to the season starting, this wouldn't be an issue then huh?

He knew about it, but still wanted to play.

There's one particular play that bothers me.

Rainey rolls out and catches a 10 yard pass, which he runs for 3 more yards, and then fumbles. Defense recovers. So, the result is the offense lost the ball to the other team, 13 yards from the line of scrimmage. Pretty bad result in football. On that play, Rainey scores 2.3 points. Let me say that again, on THAT ONE PLAY, where Rainey loses the ball to the other team, he scores 2.3 points.

If you think that seems right, and don't want the rules changed next year, please explain why.

Thanks.

ETA: it's almost like a QB throwing the ball 50 yards deep and gets picked off, and not only is he not penalized for the INT, he gets 50 yards passing.

He knew about it, but still wanted to play.

There's one particular play that bothers me.

Rainey rolls out and catches a 10 yard pass, which he runs for 3 more yards, and then fumbles. Defense recovers. So, the result is the offense lost the ball to the other team, 13 yards from the line of scrimmage. Pretty bad result in football. On that play, Rainey scores 2.3 points. Let me say that again, on THAT ONE PLAY, where Rainey loses the ball to the other team, he scores 2.3 points.

If you think that seems right, and don't want the rules changed next year, please explain why.

Thanks.
Wow.

[ ] This guy understands fantasy football

[X] I need to stop posting in this thread

EDIT.

I have been playing FF for almost 20 years. This is the only system I have ever played in that does not penalize fumbles.

Users who are viewing this thread