What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anthony Spencer this week (1 Viewer)

god_shamgod

Footballguy
Do you think he is in line for a big week? Roethlisberger tends to give up the sacks. Spencer has been playing very well lately. Dallas will need to get some pressure and it hasn't been coming from Ware as much as it used to.

Very tempted to start him over some more established options.

any thoughts?

I have to decide if I'm going to play Anthony Spencer Roulette this week, too. My LBs are: Brinkley, Connor, Dobbins, Fletcher, Foote, D.Johnson, Kiwanuka, Bry.Scott, Spencer, D.Washington, Witherspoon, and Woodley (w/Bruce Carter on IR). I'll likely roll with Washington/Johnson/Fletcher as LBs 1-2, but it's kind-of a toss-up among 3 or 4 guys after that for my LB4 (IF I flex a 4th LB and not a 3rd DE). Not asking for start/sit advice, here, but only showing my hand a little to illustrate my Spencer conundrum. I'm not sure there's a formulaic solution w/Spencer like there is, or can be, with Bryan Scott rotating to S. I'm just glad it's a LB4 question, and not something more weighty heading into Divisional Championship weekend. Still, Spencer could be that "swing for the fences" play that makes a crucial difference this week.

Do you think he is in line for a big week? Roethlisberger tends to give up the sacks.
Pittsburgh's not near as bad at giving up sacks this year as in years past. Haley's offense isn't the "12 step drop, look for three deeps routes to develop, scramble, heave it/take a sack" that Arians' offense was. They're middle of the pack.

I'm struggling with this too. Spencer is tempting because he not only has been getting pressure on the qb, but has been putting up decent tackle numbers too. I have been surprised to see him ranked low each week as he's been continuing this trend.

I'm struggling with this too. Spencer is tempting because he not only has been getting pressure on the qb, but has been putting up decent tackle numbers too. I have been surprised to see him ranked low each week as he's been continuing this trend.
i'm going with him this week. sometimes you have to go with a little common sense instead of blindly following the FBG rankings. i have no clue why he's so low. spencer has been very consistent with tackles and sacks since he came back from injury several weeks ago. just read an article from dallas which stated he was their best linebacker right now!i would expect him to have plenty of tackling and sack ops again this weeks as i expect this to be a shoot out!another guy i have, who FBG's always ranks low is paul kruger. however, i have him playing as a DL, as MFL mistakenly has him listed there. he has been on a tear for me the last 4 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread