What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things Other People Do That You Just Don't Understand (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
I realize that we're all individuals and have varied likes, dislikes, etc. That said, this does not stop me from passing judgement on things that others do that I find dumb or wasteful.

For me, I'll never understand the need in this country to have giant houses. A lot of property I get, a lot of house on little property I'll never understand. These palaces seem to me to be huge wastes of resources and energy. What can a family of four do in a 6,000 square foot house that they can't in a 3,000 square foot house (which is still pretty big)?

For decades we survived as a nation just fine in very modest homes. What changed?

Have children. Why are people so selfish that need to bring another human into this world to fill a hole they have in their own life? Get a cat.

People that work harder at pretending to be doing something, than the orginal job would have been if they had just done it.

I realize that we're all individuals and have varied likes, dislikes, etc. That said, this does not stop me from passing judgement on things that others do that I find dumb or wasteful.

For me, I'll never understand the need in this country to have giant houses. A lot of property I get, a lot of house on little property I'll never understand. These palaces seem to me to be huge wastes of resources and energy. What can a family of four do in a 6,000 square foot house that they can't in a 3,000 square foot house (which is still pretty big)?

For decades we survived as a nation just fine in very modest homes. What changed?
Along with the big house, spend so much on cars. I talk with people all the time whose car payment is more than my mortgage. People are throwing away hudreds of dollars each month that could be invested and drastically change their future. It's just not worth it spending a lot of money on a vehicle.

Grown adults waiting in line for mediocre free food. We get crappy bagels here at work every friday and people get all excited when they arrive. If I really wanted a bagel, I'd go buy a good one. I'm not in college anymore. I can spare a few bucks.

Along with the big house, spend so much on cars. I talk with people all the time whose car payment is more than my mortgage. People are throwing away hudreds of dollars each month that could be invested and drastically change their future. It's just not worth it spending a lot of money on a vehicle.
People really value material possessions. Its just the way this country is wired. You work countless hours at a job you probably don't like all that much to buy a bunch of crap you don't need.

Grown adults waiting in line for mediocre free food. We get crappy bagels here at work every friday and people get all excited when they arrive. If I really wanted a bagel, I'd go buy a good one. I'm not in college anymore. I can spare a few bucks.
It's amazing how much people love free stuff. Go to any Embassy Suites at 5:25 PM to watch people start to line up for free well drinks and stale bar snacks.

I could use all my likes for the day in this thread. I could also completely clog this with things related to driving, but I won't derail it with that.

-I don't understand people who won't push shopping carts back to the cart stations and instead just leave them in parking spaces. Ultimate in laziness and disrespect for others.

-I don't understand non-disabled people who take the elevator up or down 1 floor (even 2 to some extent...).

-I don't understand people who don't own a simple set of tools and rely on others to fix ANYTHING that breaks. That's got to get expensive.

-I don't understand people who protest. About anything.

One more...and this is my wife...

-I don't understand people who can't decide what they want to buy in a store, so they just buy everything and say, "I'll take it home and decide, and return the rest later."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how much people love free stuff. Go to any Embassy Suites at 5:25 PM to watch people start to line up for free well drinks and stale bar snacks.
I'll only speak for the ones in DC, but I'd gladly line up for those. They made their drinks strong and had a couple different non-macros on tap. Plus give me all those cubes of cheddar and monterey jack!

bro free open bar no matter how ####ty is always worth it

I don't get the need to drink for everything. I understand grown ups who want to tie one on for New Years or some special occasions. But it seems like people can't handle anything without a drink. Children's parties? Really? I just don't get the need to numb yourself constantly.

I don't get the need to drink for everything. I understand grown ups who want to tie one on for New Years or some special occasions. But it seems like people can't handle anything without a drink. Children's parties? Really? I just don't get the need to numb yourself constantly.
Seriously? Children's parties are the exact place where numbing is required.

Why? How hard is it to be present?

Ever get whacked in the nuts by a blindfolded kid swinging a wiffle ball bat at a pinata without having a couple pops in you already?

I drink to make people like you more interesting.

Ever get whacked in the nuts by a blindfolded kid swinging a wiffle ball bat at a pinata without having a couple pops in you already?
not everyone is extrovert Annie, and the parents are often just larger versions of their bratty kids. little drink goes a long ways and mellow everyone out and making everyone sociable.

Last edited by a moderator:
When other peoples terrible little brats are running around screaming? Very.

I guess I just don't understand how life is that hard. And how is drinking it away not just making things harder in the long run?

A serious one - to this day and probably forever I don't understand people using their children as weapons in a divorce. It just boggles my mind. Hate your spouse and want a divorce, fine. You really need to mentally torture your 5 year old at the same time?

I could use all my likes for the day in this thread.

One more...and this is my wife...

-I don't understand people who can't decide what they want to buy in a store, so they just buy everything and say, "I'll take it home and decide, and return the rest later."
I'm currently out of likes or would have used several in this thread. The second bolded has to be a female thing that I don't get. Buy what you know you are going to like. I guess it's another reason to go shopping.

I guess I just don't understand how life is that hard. And how is drinking it away not just making things harder in the long run?
Yes, because everyone makes decisions based on the long term. :rolleyes:

Temporary pleasure for long term pain is the MO for our country...or are you one of those Canadians I hear about around here?

A serious one - to this day and probably forever I don't understand people using their children as weapons in a divorce. It just boggles my mind. Hate your spouse and want a divorce, fine. You really need to mentally torture your 5 year old at the same time?
I have seen this and it makes me want to commit crimes against the adults involved.

Users who are viewing this thread