What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drunk off-duty deputy tries to arrest female soldier at bar (video) (1 Viewer)

BustedKnuckles

Footballguy
This is an old story(oct 7 2013)but i wanted to post it anyways.The video just pisses me off ,i cant believe what people get away with because they have a badge (in this case he ended up NOT getting away with it,thanks to video).

http://youtu.be/DkhrWZ6twjw

COLUMBIA, SC -- A drunken sheriff's deputy was recorded during a strange and inappropriate altercation when he tried to arrest a female soldier at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Columbia.

On October 7th, 23-year-old Brittany Ball, a USMC member out of Fort Jackson, was allegedly upset at the restaurant when approached by Richland County Deputy Paul Allen Derrick. She apparently turned down his advances and the two began to argue.

Derrick, a 17 year veteran, left the restaurant to go retrieve handcuffs and his gun from his vehicle, then returning to try and arrest Ball. He was recorded screaming at her and barking orders as he twisted her arms behind her back.

Columbia police arrived and saw the video and ordered Derrick release Ball, then took Derrick into custody and charged him with assault and battery

Sheriff Leon Lott initially backed Derrick, saying that he had authority to make an arrest, suggesting that Ball was "resisting".

After a week of pressure and reasoning, Sheriff Lott placed Derrick on leave without pay.

Follow up story

South Carolina deputy fired after getting caught ‘arresting’ Army soldier

A South Carolina sherriff’s deputy has been fired after being filmed handcuffing and yelling at a female Army soldier while off duty, WIST-TV reported on Wednesday.

49-year-old Deputy Allen Derrick was fired on Tuesday after video of his Oct. 7 encounter with 23-year-old Brittany Ball at a Columbia, South Carolina bar was posted online. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott reportedly fired Derrick before a scheduled meeting with interim Police Chief Police Chief Ruben Santiago and Solicitor Dan Johnson.

In the video Derrick — who was off-duty at the time — can be seen grabbing a handcuffed Ball from behind and yelling, “Stand up, soldier” at her. Witnesses said at the time that Derrick had approached Ball, leading to an argument between the two before he exited the bar, grabbed his handcuffs, gun and badge from his personal vehicle and returned to attempt to detain her. The footage was shot by a fellow service member, Steven Hughes, who is stationed with Ball at Fort Jackson.

“I said, ‘I’m going to start videoing this because I think something is about to get out of hand,’” Hughes told WIST. “And about the time I got my [camera] out, he had her turned around and was putting her in handcuffs.”

Local police ordered Derrick to release Ball at the time and arrested him on charges of assault and battery, a decision Lott reportedly opposed at first, but did not question at a press conference on Wednesday.

“It made me angry, and then it made me sick and disgusted that any law enforcement officer would act that way, particularly a Richland County deputy,” WIST quoted Lott as saying. “There’s absolutely no excuse for his behavior and what he did that night. He interjected himself into something that he should of never gotten involved in.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the Sherriff wants this ******* behind bars

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/2014/02/12/1687572/

Great to hear that coming from LE. Really encouraging to see this guy back off the standard protect your own stance and recognize that this guy is nothing but a criminal wearing a badge. Sheriff's words:

"I want to strangle him," Lott said. "It frustrates me that the hard work and good stuff that we do, one incident like this negatively reflects on this."

Sounds like she had it coming. Makes me sick that we have raised an entire generation of people that do not respect our nation's laws and law enforcement officers.

Sounds like she had it coming. Makes me sick that we have raised an entire generation of people that do not respect our nation's laws and law enforcement officers.
Should've never let them in the military to begin with.
Next thing you know they'll want the right to vote
The first story says she is in the Marines, the second story says she is in the Army.... definitely sounds like he was in the right.

The first story says she is in the Marines, the second story says she is in the Army.... definitely sounds like he was in the right.
Should have just kicked her in the cooter right off the bat.

Isn't Fort Jackson for Army basics?

Because the media doesn't know the difference between a Marine and a Soldier.

Also have no idea if all this is shtick or not. :oldunsure:

Because the media doesn't know the difference between a Marine and a Soldier.

Also have no idea if all this is shtick or not. :oldunsure:
Pretty shticky.

Yes, it's the primary Army basic training base.

Miss Fort Jackson if you're nasty.

Miss Fort Jackson if you're nasty.
She's definitely not winning Miss Fort Jackson.

I love the way people think they have Constitutional rights when they are out in public too.

Doctor Detroit said:
Jules Winnfield said:
CGRdrJoe said:
Jules Winnfield said:
T Bell said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
Yes, it's the primary Army basic training base.
I hate basic bishes.

BustedKnuckles said:
Sheriff Leon Lott initially backed Derrick, saying that he had authority to make an arrest, suggesting that Ball was "resisting".
Once again, Leon fails to take care of the Ball.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
This schtick is old.

Watched 3:26 of the video. I hope the assault and battery charges are still alive and he gets his ### thrown in prison

Users who are viewing this thread