What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***American Idol Season 13*** (1 Viewer)

Eviloutsider

Footballguy
Maybe I missed the thread but I didn't see one. The judges seem pretty good together and the squabbling should be to a minimum this year. Also, Harry seems to be quick on his feet with his responses.

I would say it's a pretty big improvement over last year's debacle.

Edited the title and added stars for a little more pizazz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, there was a girl from Georgia on that was as an absolute, perfect KO in a black mini. That's all I remember.

We skipped last year completely but watched some last night. This combination of judges may be the best yet. I'd say we're probably back on board.

Connick brought more humor in one night than the show has had in the past several years combined.

personal fave last night was the Lego House guy

Chemistry between the judges is perfect, especially Harry and Keith. With Jennifer....I still can't get past how she seems to try so hard to come off as sweet/nice, but under the surface she is a terrible and self-centered person. Maybe it's just me, but that's the vibe I get from her and it is distracting at times.

That being said, and I know it's early, but this looks to be the most entertaining season since Simon left.

Thank God Mariah and Nicki are gone and that they trimmed back to 3 judges.

ETA: +1 on the kid who sang Lego House. I've listened to it several times already today. So good.

I like this low drama panel. I thought Connick did a great job as mentor in previous seasons and will clearly be the tough one. I also appreciated the absence of atrocious singers put through for fun ( I did miss some of the show, though)

Ah, there was a girl from Georgia on that was as an absolute, perfect KO in a black mini. That's all I remember.
was that the one that they didn't put through to hollywood?

Connick will be an instant hit on the show. more musical knowledge than probably any other judge, and ridiculous humor. that last bit with the Pakistani kid was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on the show.

Tried to watch it,but the show has "jumped the shark" for me. Couldn't stand one more 16 year old crying about not being picked after "working so hard for so long to get here". It's an audition,ask anyone who REALLY has worked long and hard in the business how tough it is and how many rejections they've endured. Gave it a shot,glad I freed up time for better pursuits. :2cents:

was that the one that they didn't put through to hollywood?

Connick will be an instant hit on the show. more musical knowledge than probably any other judge, and ridiculous humor. that last bit with the Pakistani kid was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on the show.
When that black kid mumbled something, Connick shot back "Yea, didn't get any of that"

I nearly peed my pants laughing. So good.

I haven't paid any attention to AI for a few years now but my fam is recording it this season. By default, I've been watching it when they have it on. I'm a big Harry Connick Jr. fan and he's fantastic on the show. I love that they seem to have done away with all the disaster contestants and stupid storylines. If the season continues the way it has started, I'm in. Great stuff so far.

Connick killed again last night when he was acting like a "contestant", and on the girl who lost her accent. they should just cut out all the extra storylines and let him riff for an hour.

I haven't paid any attention to AI for a few years now but my fam is recording it this season. By default, I've been watching it when they have it on. I'm a big Harry Connick Jr. fan and he's fantastic on the show. I love that they seem to have done away with all the disaster contestants and stupid storylines. If the season continues the way it has started, I'm in. Great stuff so far.
Yep, potentially the best season ever. The bad auditions were always great comic relief, and the judges hamming it up could be entertaining at times, but the show was always at its best when these nobodies progressed through the process and gave you chills every week when they'd lay down an amazing performance. Now you've got the best combo of judges ever, a nice dose of funny stuff, especially Connick, but just a lot of great auditions. It's a lot of fun to watch.

We skipped last year completely but watched some last night. This combination of judges may be the best yet. I'd say we're probably back on board.
:goodposting: I'm ready for them to switch to only one week of auditions.. really just getting bored with weeks of it.

I also have not watched for a long time. Maybe I will check out this season.

After watching X-Factor, The Voice and some Sing-Off, American Idol seems a bit bland without a gimmick thrown into the competition.

Just finished the latest audition episode. I'm IN.

ETA: oops, that was only the 1st hour... got to the Twins just now :o

Seems like a lot more original songs being preformed in these auditons. ANd every other person has a guitar. I wonder if this is coming from the contestant side, i.e. seeing it working, or if the show is more actively looking for the singer-songwriter types.

Am I the only one still watching this? Lots of pretty decent talent here this year. Watching the cliffhanger from last night with the two Alabama country guys, there's no way that black guy goes home. Love his blues/country style.

Am I the only one still watching this? Lots of pretty decent talent here this year. Watching the cliffhanger from last night with the two Alabama country guys, there's no way that black guy goes home. Love his blues/country style.
Waiting for the "real" competition to begin..

The auditions, group singing/drama and cut down to the final group is just to long and at this point "been there done that". :yawn:

Gave up on this show for the last few years…..but my wife and I are back as Keith and Harry are real, legit judges who have tons of street cred among their peers.

Glad the show is returning to form somewhat.

Agree that CJ is the one who should stay. I'm happy they are getting to live shows next week. I agree with xnogger that the rearly parts are too drawn out, though it felt a little shorter this year.

Concerning last night's cliff hanger, don't read if you don't want to know who goes through.

Both go through

I did not read the spoiler but my guess is they both make it. Seems like the talent level is off the charts this year, but that would be unbelievable if either of them didn't make the top 30. If one does get cut, my guess is it's the white dude.

That 17yo kid who did the original song about his mom leaving is a superstar in the making.

I did not read the spoiler but my guess is they both make it. Seems like the talent level is off the charts this year, but that would be unbelievable if either of them didn't make the top 30. If one does get cut, my guess is it's the white dude.

That 17yo kid who did the original song about his mom leaving is a superstar in the making.
Sam Woolf is really good. I've been a big fan since he sang Lego House at the auditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6cVStd_GA

Plus, he has a good back story, pulls at the heart strings.

Sam Woolf is really good. I've been a big fan since he sang Lego House at the auditions.

Wow I guess we missed the Boston auditions. Just watched that and a bunch more of his stuff on youtube. This kid is freaking unbelievable. Looking forward to seeing how far he goes.

That audition was okay...I've never heard that song before, but even so it didn't wow me...

I was rooting for him, also. When Ryan called up the individual contestants this week, he was frequently seen in the background enthusiastically cheering for each.

I think Dexter Roberts has a good shot at winning this thing. Country music, deep south fan support, seems like a good kid and a radio-ready voice. If he can get through a few of the off-genre weeks, he has as good a shot as anyone IMO. If Scotty McCreary did it (in an albeit weaker-appearing season), then this guy certainly could.

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_xiii_hollywood_performances/dexter-roberts-final-judgment
+1

Dude is ridiculously good. I love country music and his voice is as good as it gets. Not that pop country crap of today.

I thought they put through a few mediocre talents to the top 30, but it doesn't matter as they will probably just be cannon fodder in the early rounds.

I thought they put through a few mediocre talents to the top 30, but it doesn't matter as they will probably just be cannon fodder in the early rounds.
Like the tiny lesbo?

On a side note, is there anything more depressing for men than lesbians who dress like Justin Bieber?

I was thinking about that at the end of the show. It was like "We don't really love either of them, but we need 15 guys, let's have a new twist."

I like that kid too. Thought they were going to not take him because he is so young. Here is his "Final Judgement" where they tell him if he is staying. The original song he sang is great for a 17 y.o.

I had never heard the song either, but here is the original. The video is kinda freaky. There is a good acoustic version of the song on Spotify.

Yes that is Rupert Grint - Ron Weasley from Harry Potter movies. The real guy is the one getting on the elevator at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread