What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turn - New AMC show coming out in April (1 Viewer)

krsone21

Footballguy
This looks interesting.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/turn/about

About the Show

Turn is a layered, character-driven spy thriller about the untold story of America’s first spy ring, whose members turn against king and family to create a new nation. It takes us behind the battlefront of the Revolutionary War, to a shadow war fought by everyday heroes -- smugglers, trappers, and farmers -- who vowed to keep their heroics a secret. Based on remarkable new research in the book Washington's Spies by Alexander Rose, Turn tells the tale of Abe Woodhull, a farmer living behind enemy lines in British-occupied Long Island, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely team of secret agents who would help George Washington turn the tide of the war in favor of the Rebels. Their daring efforts also revolutionized the art of espionage, giving birth to modern tradecraft as we know it today, along with all of the moral complexity that entails. A vibrant story with contemporary significance, Turn turns history into suspenseful and resonant entertainment.

Turn, from AMC Studios, is written by showrunner Craig Silverstein (Nikita) and executive produced by Barry Josephson (Bones, Enchanted) from Josephson Entertainment. The series stars Jamie Bell as Abraham Woodhull, Kevin McNally as Judge Richard Woodhull, Burn Gorman as Major Hewlett, Angus MacFadyen as Robert Rogers, JJ Feild as Major John Andre, Seth Numrich as Ben Talmadge, Daniel Henshall as Caleb, and Heather Lind as Anna Strong. The drama will kick off on Sun., Apr. 6 at 9/8c with a 90-minute series premiere.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was looking around on AMCTV.com for some Mad Men information and came across a trailer for a new show premiering April 6, it's called TURи -- about an American spyring, The Culper Ring, during the American Revolution.

Here is the site, which has a few previews available to check out: http://www.amctv.com/shows/turn

AMC has put out some solid shows over time, I'm going to give this one a shot.

Hmm. I just picked up the book "George Washinton's Secret Six: the Spy Ring that Saved the American Revolution", but haven't read it yet.

I enjoyed the first episode. I have always been interested in the Revolutionary War so I'm looking forward to more.

Wife and I watched the first episode, she was skeptical.

We are both locked in now, very impressive first episode.

Solid pilot and I'm in.

But then I'm a sucker for anything that has Brits depicted as bastards, then getting musket balls popped in the that ###.

So as far as the Captain getting killed in the beginning, is that supposed to be a mystery or are we to assume that Abraham really did kill him?
I thought it was a good show overall but this part was a little weird and they kept glossing over it and coming back to it. Not sure if its a huge deal or not

So as far as the Captain getting killed in the beginning, is that supposed to be a mystery or are we to assume that Abraham really did kill him?
I thought it was a good show overall but this part was a little weird and they kept glossing over it and coming back to it. Not sure if its a huge deal or not

Mystery...he was on the cabbage run when that happens. I think.

They didn't show who did it or what happened. I think that was on purpose.

Yeah, that's something that's gonna simmer all season before hitting a boil when things get wild.

Wife and I were discussing this:

Does anyone think that Abraham's father may be in on the Spy Ring? I'd like to think that he is, but at the end of the pilot he "washed his hands" of Abraham and told him he was on his own, so I'm not so sure that he is.

They didn't show who did it or what happened. I think that was on purpose.
Wife and I were discussing this:

Does anyone think that Abraham's father may be in on the Spy Ring? I'd like to think that he is, but at the end of the pilot he "washed his hands" of Abraham and told him he was on his own, so I'm not so sure that he is.
I'm willing to bet there is going to be a lot of this throughout the season. It's a show about spies.

Ill have to check this out, this thread is the only place I have seen anything ably the show. Even the Wikipedia page has no section on reviews or reception.

in. I love history stuff and stuff about early 'Murica.

the pilot was pretty good. some of the direction was a little heavy handed but Jamie Bell is a good actor, and a good choice to lead this.

in. I love history stuff and stuff about early 'Murica.

the pilot was pretty good. some of the direction was a little heavy handed but Jamie Bell is a good actor, and a good choice to lead this.
Mr Gibbs (Kevin McNally) doing good work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread