What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Director Bryan Singer (X-Men) Accused of Man Rape (1 Viewer)

Crappy Director Accused of 1999 Sexual Assault on Teen Boy

BRYAN SINGER, the director-producer of dozens of films, including the “X-Men” franchise, is being accused of sexually abusing a male teenager in a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday in Hawaii, entertainment-media outlets such as The Wrap and Variety are reporting.

Michael F. Egan III of Nevada was named as the plaintiff in a news release from his attorneys. The lawsuit alleges, among other things, that Singer sexually assaulted Egan in Hawaii and Los Angeles in 1999, when Egan was 17. The suit — which seeks an unspecified amount for damages — also alleges that Singer forced Egan to take drugs, according to court documents.

Marc Collins-Rector, former chairman of Digital Entertainment Network, is reportedly also named in the lawsuit. Collins-Rector is a registered sex offender since a 2004 guilty plea for crimes involving minors, Variety reports.

Jeff Herman, a lawyer for Egan, is the same attorney who has represented plaintiffs in the sex-abuse litigation against former “Sesame Street” Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.

“The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit,” said the filmmaker’s attorney, Marty Singer, according to the Hollywood Reporter. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit.

“It is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity,” continued Singer’s lawyer, noting its timing in relation to the May opening of Singer’s next film, “X-Men: Days of Future Past.”
Not to detract from these awful accusations but his movies are pretty terrible.

Have to disagree. He's hit and miss, but he directed one great film in The Usual Suspects and solid contributions with X-Men, X-Men 2 and Valkyrie. The new X-Men also looks good. That's already a pretty decent career for any director.

I liked the first 2 X-men movies, but since he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, I'll withhold judgement of him as a person.

Crappy Director Accused of 1999 Sexual Assault on Teen Boy

BRYAN SINGER, the director-producer of dozens of films, including the “X-Men” franchise, is being accused of sexually abusing a male teenager in a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday in Hawaii, entertainment-media outlets such as The Wrap and Variety are reporting.

Michael F. Egan III of Nevada was named as the plaintiff in a news release from his attorneys. The lawsuit alleges, among other things, that Singer sexually assaulted Egan in Hawaii and Los Angeles in 1999, when Egan was 17. The suit — which seeks an unspecified amount for damages — also alleges that Singer forced Egan to take drugs, according to court documents.

Marc Collins-Rector, former chairman of Digital Entertainment Network, is reportedly also named in the lawsuit. Collins-Rector is a registered sex offender since a 2004 guilty plea for crimes involving minors, Variety reports.

Jeff Herman, a lawyer for Egan, is the same attorney who has represented plaintiffs in the sex-abuse litigation against former “Sesame Street” Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.

“The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit,” said the filmmaker’s attorney, Marty Singer, according to the Hollywood Reporter. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit.

“It is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity,” continued Singer’s lawyer, noting its timing in relation to the May opening of Singer’s next film, “X-Men: Days of Future Past.”
Who, exactly, is seeking the publicity? The victim? Does he -- the lawyer -- mean negative publicity? This seems like odd logic, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shrugs said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
Have to disagree. He's hit and miss, but he directed one great film in The Usual Suspects and solid contributions with X-Men, X-Men 2 and Valkyrie. The new X-Men also looks good. That's already a pretty decent career for any director.
"The Usual Suspects" is good but not great. And the X-men movies are garbage.

Shrugs said:
If he made better movies, would you let him have one rape?

Shrugs said:
If he made better movies, would you let him have one rape?
I'd think about it.

Shrugs said:
I don't know how anyone, including Tanner, could think The Usual Suspects is terrible. But I am not surprised that Tanner thinks the X-Men films are terrible. He thinks pretty much everything is terrible. I sometimes wonder why he even bothers watching movies. I think Singer did a great job with the X-Men and his work with the first X-Men film is what allowed the explosion in the super hero genre that we are seeing today (for good or bad)

Valkyrie and Apt Pupil were meh at best and Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Slayer were pure unadulterated crap. Never saw Public Access.

The timing of this seems odd (the 16 year delay not the release of the new film), why wait until now? Pretty slimy if it's true and he should be definitely be punished but how do you prove something like this after 16 years?

Shrugs said:
I don't know how anyone, including Tanner, could think The Usual Suspects is terrible. But I am not surprised that Tanner thinks the X-Men films are terrible. He thinks pretty much everything is terrible. I sometimes wonder why he even bothers watching movies.
:shrug: There are plenty of movies that I like/love/think are great.

I just don't understand how anyone over the age of 13 thinks X-Men and the ilk are good.

"Usual Suspects" isn't terrible but it is nowhere as great as it is chalked up to be.

Shrugs said:
I don't know how anyone, including Tanner, could think The Usual Suspects is terrible. But I am not surprised that Tanner thinks the X-Men films are terrible. He thinks pretty much everything is terrible. I sometimes wonder why he even bothers watching movies.
:shrug: There are plenty of movies that I like/love/think are great.

I just don't understand how anyone over the age of 13 thinks X-Men and the ilk are good.

"Usual Suspects" isn't terrible but it is nowhere as great as it is chalked up to be.
We've danced this dance a couple times already.

We disagree on many films I doubt anything will change now.

I respect your opinion on the super hero genre in general but The Usual Suspects is top notch by any standard.

Usual Suspects warrants him a rape or two.

The X-Men movies, maybe cumulatively, warrant him an additional rape, sort of as a lifetime achievement award.

Shrugs said:
You shut your whore mouth when talking about The Usual Suspects, boy. :angry:

In any case, he's made movies in The Usual Suspects and the X-Men franchise that will long be remembered in a mostly positive way, and he's only made two real stinkers in 9 movies. Seems like a pretty good track record.

The Usual Suspects is my favorite movie of all time because of the experience I had watching it. I don't think it's the "best" movie ever because there are plenty of weaknesses and I can certainly see why someone could be disappointed by it if they had heard years of hype. But you can pretty much say that about anything that gets hype.

But I think if you could go back to soon after the movie was released, an overwhelming majority would think it was an awesome movie.

Shrugs said:
:shrug: I'm just here to deliver the truth.

The Usual Suspects is my favorite movie of all time because of the experience I had watching it. I don't think it's the "best" movie ever because there are plenty of weaknesses and I can certainly see why someone could be disappointed by it if they had heard years of hype. But you can pretty much say that about anything that gets hype.

But I think if you could go back to soon after the movie was released, an overwhelming majority would think it was an awesome movie.
The overwhelming majority of Germans thought Hitler was awesome.

Shrugs said:
You know nothing, Pete Malloy.

Shrugs said:
Why don't you flip him. Flip him fer realz.

Shrugs said:
"Can ya hear me in the back?? (knock, knock) Allooooo??"

Which ruthless dictators do you bring up to those who aren't defending your right to an opinion?

I'm 100% with our grumpy old friend on superhero movies in general, but the first X-men is one of only three that I consider good.

Nolan's first two Batman flicks being the others.

Shrugs said:
"Can ya hear me in the back?? (knock, knock) Allooooo??"
Is that the one about the hooker with dysentery?

http://www.avclub.com/article/x-men-director-bryan-singer-accused-drugging-and-s-203560?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1:Default

Approximately 2-3 months after Collins-Rector began sexually abusing Plaintiff, Defendant Singer was socializing with Collins-Rector around the estate’s swimming pool and Plaintiff was in the pool. In compliance with the “rules” imposed by Collins-Rector that people in the pool area were not allowed to wear clothes, Plaintiff was nude as was Defendant Singer.

Collins-Rector ordered Plaintiff out of the pool, and Defendant Singer hugged Plaintiff and grabbed his bare buttocks. They then went to the jacuzzi where Collins-Rector had Plaintiff sit on his lap and fondled Plaintiff’s genitals. Collins-Rector then passed Plaintiff to Defendant Singer and Plaintiff was made to sit on Defendant Singer’s lap.

Defendant Singer provided an alcoholic beverage to Plaintiff and mentioned finding a role for him in an upcoming movie that he was directing. Defendant Singer told Plaintiff how “this group” controls Hollywood, and that he was sexy. Defendant Singer masturbated Plaintiff and then performed oral sex upon him. Defendant Singer solicited Plaintiff to perform oral sex upon him which Plaintiff resisted.

Defendant Singer flagrantly disregarded Plaintiff’s unwillingness to submit, and forced Plaintiff’s head underwater to make Plaintiff perform oral sex upon him. When Plaintiff pulled his head out of the water in order to breathe, Defendant Singer demanded that he continue which Plaintiff refused. Defendant Singer then forced Plaintiff to continue performing oral sex upon him outside of the pool, and subsequently forcibly sodomized Plaintiff.
During the first of the above-referenced trips to Hawaii, Plaintiff was instructed that he would spend the first two nights in a room with Defendant Singer. During the first night, Plaintiff took a long walk by himself. When he returned to the Paul Mitchell estate, he came across Defendant Singer who was in the pool area. Defendant Singer verbally and loudly confronted Plaintiff for not having been available for him earlier and demanded that he undress.

Defendant Singer frightened Plaintiff by pushing him into the pool, and rebuked Plaintiff for his attitude and reminded him that he was there to keep people happy. Defendant Singer put a handful of cocaine against Plaintiff’s nose and forced him to inhale it. Defendant Singer then provided Plaintiff with a beverage which he drank which significantly impacted his consciousness and his motor skills.

Defendant Singer then entered the pool where he nonconsensually masturbated Plaintiff and performed oral sex upon him. Defendant Singer caused Plaintiff to rub his erect penis against Defendant Singer’s buttocks. He forced Plaintiff’s head underwater and made Plaintiff orally copulate him. He then caused Plaintiff to get out of the pool and lie face down on a lounge chair. To continue the sexual assault, Defendant Singer spit on Plaintiff’s buttocks, spanked him, and forced a handful of cocaine onto Plaintiff’s face.

He then anally raped Plaintiff. He subsequently caused them to go to the jacuzzi where he provided another beverage to Plaintiff. Defendant Singer attempted to insert his penis into Plaintiff’s mouth which Plaintiff resisted, but he ultimately was able to force his penis into Plaintiff’s mouth. Defendant Singer then assisted Plaintiff to their room where he again anally raped Plaintiff.

http://www.avclub.com/article/x-men-director-bryan-singer-accused-drugging-and-s-203560?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1:Default

Approximately 2-3 months after Collins-Rector began sexually abusing Plaintiff, Defendant Singer was socializing with Collins-Rector around the estate’s swimming pool and Plaintiff was in the pool. In compliance with the “rules” imposed by Collins-Rector that people in the pool area were not allowed to wear clothes, Plaintiff was nude as was Defendant Singer.

Collins-Rector ordered Plaintiff out of the pool, and Defendant Singer hugged Plaintiff and grabbed his bare buttocks. They then went to the jacuzzi where Collins-Rector had Plaintiff sit on his lap and fondled Plaintiff’s genitals. Collins-Rector then passed Plaintiff to Defendant Singer and Plaintiff was made to sit on Defendant Singer’s lap.

Defendant Singer provided an alcoholic beverage to Plaintiff and mentioned finding a role for him in an upcoming movie that he was directing. Defendant Singer told Plaintiff how “this group” controls Hollywood, and that he was sexy. Defendant Singer masturbated Plaintiff and then performed oral sex upon him. Defendant Singer solicited Plaintiff to perform oral sex upon him which Plaintiff resisted.

Defendant Singer flagrantly disregarded Plaintiff’s unwillingness to submit, and forced Plaintiff’s head underwater to make Plaintiff perform oral sex upon him. When Plaintiff pulled his head out of the water in order to breathe, Defendant Singer demanded that he continue which Plaintiff refused. Defendant Singer then forced Plaintiff to continue performing oral sex upon him outside of the pool, and subsequently forcibly sodomized Plaintiff.
During the first of the above-referenced trips to Hawaii, Plaintiff was instructed that he would spend the first two nights in a room with Defendant Singer. During the first night, Plaintiff took a long walk by himself. When he returned to the Paul Mitchell estate, he came across Defendant Singer who was in the pool area. Defendant Singer verbally and loudly confronted Plaintiff for not having been available for him earlier and demanded that he undress.

Defendant Singer frightened Plaintiff by pushing him into the pool, and rebuked Plaintiff for his attitude and reminded him that he was there to keep people happy. Defendant Singer put a handful of cocaine against Plaintiff’s nose and forced him to inhale it. Defendant Singer then provided Plaintiff with a beverage which he drank which significantly impacted his consciousness and his motor skills.

Defendant Singer then entered the pool where he nonconsensually masturbated Plaintiff and performed oral sex upon him. Defendant Singer caused Plaintiff to rub his erect penis against Defendant Singer’s buttocks. He forced Plaintiff’s head underwater and made Plaintiff orally copulate him. He then caused Plaintiff to get out of the pool and lie face down on a lounge chair. To continue the sexual assault, Defendant Singer spit on Plaintiff’s buttocks, spanked him, and forced a handful of cocaine onto Plaintiff’s face.

He then anally raped Plaintiff. He subsequently caused them to go to the jacuzzi where he provided another beverage to Plaintiff. Defendant Singer attempted to insert his penis into Plaintiff’s mouth which Plaintiff resisted, but he ultimately was able to force his penis into Plaintiff’s mouth. Defendant Singer then assisted Plaintiff to their room where he again anally raped Plaintiff.
That paints a very ugly picture. Wonder how they go about proving those things 15 years after the fact.

These X-men movies are F'in terrible.

Cheap looking cgi, horrible makeup, cheap looking sets, bad atmosphere that doesn't capture the essence of being X-Men.

I can go on.

Which ruthless dictators do you bring up to those who aren't defending your right to an opinion?
:lmao: :lmao:

Thank you Aaron Rudnicki.

We should all stop watching Hollywood movies until these boy rapists are behind bars.

Users who are viewing this thread