What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush 2013 (1 Viewer)

dmac37

Footballguy
This sounds like it could be a good fit for all.Jets will need a pass catching RB to fit Marty M and his offensive schemeHe could be the main RB with Greene or another bruising type to spell him for the tough yardsReggie seems like the type that will want to be in a market like the Big AppleFor us FF guys his value should go way up as the RB in a pass happy RB friendly offense

I don't see Jets paying much for a RB with their cap hell.May draft a back in the 2-3 rounds.I could see Bush in somewhere like Indy/Cincy/San Diego. I don't see him going somewhere as 'the guy' (handling the load he did in Miami last couple years)

Last edited by a moderator:
they cant afford him, they will go the low cost option.. one of the easier positions to field that way.. lots of churn of players coming to the nyj next year..

I'm in the camp that thinks its stupid to run your QB, but if you like the option read offense, Griffin/Copernicus/Wilson with Bush would be a deadly combo.

they can't afford him and Green really isn't the problem with this offense. He's not spectacular but it is hard to excel when other teams simply do not respect the passing game.

Think Bengals would be ideal teaming him up with BJGE.
I believe the bengals also have a crapassload of cap
It's a possibility, but I think it depends on how many years he is looking for.He isn't that old, but his next season will be his 8th. If you give him 3 years with a decent amount guaranteed, that third year, his 10th could be tough. Just doesn't feel like a Bengals move if that is what his market is. However, if the market is soft. And I think it might be with such a deep RB draft class and so few teams without an established starter, I could see the Bengals giving him one or two years.If it was me making the decisions, I would spend the $5 million or whatever on a Safety. Signing a Safety and retaining most of their own FAs would allow the Bengals to go into the draft with very few needs outside of RB. With the extra Raiders pick at the top of the 2nd, they are well situated to take two RBs in this draft. One early and one in the mid rounds.

they can't afford him and Green really isn't the problem with this offense. He's not spectacular but it is hard to excel when other teams simply do not respect the passing game.
I'm not sure Bush will command all that much money and Green is not a fit for the new Marty Mornhinweg offense, Reggie is a perfect fit IMO

I'm not sure Bush will command all that much money and Green is not a fit for the new Marty Mornhinweg offense, Reggie is a perfect fit IMO
well, that works out perfect since they don't have all that much money.

not sure about cap space on the following teams, but I'll throw some names out there anyways:

Reggie Bush would be a great addition to the NE dink-n-dunk offense..he'd create matchup problems everywhere.you could use him as a WR, etc..

Woodhead is good and all, same with Vereen,but neither is as good as R. Bush..not sure if the cap numbers work,but he'd be a great addition to that offense..

someone else said GB - he'd be a perfect fit for them..they don't run the ball anyways,and his pass catching skills would work really well with Rodgers and Co.

Colts - who is the #1 in Indy?

Denver - McGahee is probably gone, that leaves Moreno , Hillman , Ball? I think Bush is better than all of them,combined..

Oakland - forget about McFadden, he can't stay healthy..who are you left with?

Think Bengals would be ideal teaming him up with BJGE.
I believe the bengals also have a crapassload of cap
True, but they also have a ton of their own FA. Andre Smith and Michael Johnson are both up. Geno only has 1 year and will probably be given a blank check soon. The Bengals might be a fit for Bush, but at least most of the cap money will probably be spent to keep the current core together.

I'm sure money and playing time will be his biggest factors in deciding where to play but all things being equal, which of course they are not, I recall when he knew he was leaving the Saints expressing a desire to play home games on grass. I believe he also said he felt field turf was a cause of his injuries. Some people debunked his theory and pointed out most games he got hurt was on grass but if he believes it to be true that's probably what's important.Again I'm sure grass field is not the end all decision maker but if you narrowed the list down to teams that Reggie had a fighting shot to be a starter or co-starter, plays on grass, and has ample cap space that list would be Cincy, San Diego, and Green Bay. I think you could also maybe include Jacksonville in this list as MJD is entrenched but rehabbing and they need another back. And of course the Dolphins who meet every criteria.If I had to pick one team to bet on it would be San Diego as they meet all criteria and it would allow Reggie to finish out his career back home while mentoring and sharing the load with Mathews.

If it's about getting the most money, he could return to USC. :excited: Dark horse team: Dallas CowboysJerry likes his toys, Murray is an injury risk, Felix Jones is a free agent, and the team will probably make one more push with Tony Romo as the signal-caller. After playing in relative anonymity I could also see Reggie wanting to go to a high profile team.

Players talk about staying where they're happy (Miami in this case), but it's pretty rare that they don't go where they can play and make some $$. There should be a good market for Bush (though not top tier money) -- good enough that the teams with no cap space or who don't like paying RBs are probably out. Of the teams that need a RB I think that eliminates the Jets, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and maybe the Lions. Based on the Miller love and the 'team friendly contract' comments I think we can rule out the Dolphins too.And if you assume Bush wants to be either a starter or at least the lead back in a RBBC you're left with..Falcons, Rams, Colts, Bengals and maybe ArizonaHe'd be the easy #1 in St.Louis or Atlanta and IMO would make a nice 60/40 partner to either Ballard or BJGE. The Rams, Falcons and Colts play on turf though and Bush has suggested he doesn't much care for that. That leaves Cincy and the Cards. But I have no idea why any back would go to Arizona willingly. So maybe move the Bengals to the top of the list?

Users who are viewing this thread