What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do you recomend for a league hosting site ? (1 Viewer)

SwampDawg

Footballguy
The league I am in has been using CBS the past few years, last year we transitioned to a Dynasty auction format. I'm finding the reporting in CBS to be really terrible and totally annoying when trying to do research on the free agents available this upcoming season not to mentione the layout itself is just bad. Maybe I'm spoiled we have been using MFL in my football leagues for several years and I would like to find a similiar quality service for baseball to recommend, whoever there doesn't seem to be a concencous out there.

What does everyone here use ?

I use Yahoo because it's easy and free (so more payout goes to the winners rather than league host), but I'm not in love with it. Mostly because we have a long-term keeper league with contracts and stuff, so we have to track all of that manually with a spreadsheet every week. A few years ago I did a league using All Star Stats which I think is now owned by Rotoworld. Might wanna give that a look.

www.onroto.com It's a pay site,($99) but worth it! Support is great and they listen to your requests. They do keeper and head to head.

I use Yahoo because it's easy and free (so more payout goes to the winners rather than league host), but I'm not in love with it. Mostly because we have a long-term keeper league with contracts and stuff, so we have to track all of that manually with a spreadsheet every week. A few years ago I did a league using All Star Stats which I think is now owned by Rotoworld. Might wanna give that a look.
I created a Yahoo group and stored files there.

Could try fangraphs ottoneu. You might need to adapt some to their FA format, but its set up for dynasty and I can't think of a stat you'd want for research that they don't have.

Anyone know when Yahoo will introduce Fanatasy Baseball '13?
I think it was the day after the Super Bowl last year. Or maybe it was the Tuesday after the Super Bowl. That week anyway.
I'm looking to join a money league this year for baseball but cant seem to find a place that has the "looking for leagues" type forum.
Almost all of the baseball advice sites have that section on their message boards

CBS is total garbage. Yahoo always gave us the functionality that we needed. It's not perfect like some said but I'm not paying so CBS can bombard me with 300 ads and a half assed site.

CBS is total garbage.
I can't echo this enough, especially when Yahoo is free. CBS goes through stretches where they are completely unreliable and that is unacceptable given the price they charge. There is a HUGE opening for someone to come in with a mid-priced site ($50?) and blow CBS out of the water.Why the hell MLB hasn't stepped up and offered this service for a small fee (or bundled it with MLBTV or something) is beyond me.

CBS is total garbage. Yahoo always gave us the functionality that we needed. It's not perfect like some said but I'm not paying so CBS can bombard me with 300 ads and a half assed site.
Depends on what your setup is, really. We do auction with minor-league and regular keepers and custom stats and the little I've used other sites, they don't measure up at all. On minor-league players alone, I'm not sure how people can keep saying Yahoo is so great. In football where we're more vanilla, I'm ready to choke CBS and have been lobbying for a couple of years to use something else.@ the OP: Here's a list of different providers. Having only used ESPN, Yahoo, and CBS, it's the best I can do.

So what I have gotten from this is basically there is no MFL equivilent in fantasy baseball hosting. Much like Mathias we have a pretty deep minor league player roster and when I talked to our commish about Yahoo that seemed to be one of the real drawbacks. Looks like we stuck with CBS at least this year, seems like someone like MFL that has the backbone of a system and a ton of football experience would be smart to jump in and dominate the baseball leagues as well.

So what I have gotten from this is basically there is no MFL equivilent in fantasy baseball hosting. Much like Mathias we have a pretty deep minor league player roster and when I talked to our commish about Yahoo that seemed to be one of the real drawbacks. Looks like we stuck with CBS at least this year, seems like someone like MFL that has the backbone of a system and a ton of football experience would be smart to jump in and dominate the baseball leagues as well.
Don't understand why you'd want to stay at CBS - no real benefits over Yahoo for crappier service. If you're worried about minorleaguer availability, its easy enough to make place holders. Also, I'm guessing fangraphs' site has about as deep a minor league roster as there is.

Re-upped with CBS yesterday. I have to say the free MLB Radio does make CBS pay for itself, at least my 1/12 share of it. FWIW, I understand people who say that it's not worth it or that prefer Yahoo's interface. I don't really understand people who say CBS is garbage. Their player updates have become close to garbage the last few years but I don't really rely on them for that. The system itself is pretty decent. It's annoying that they've made the splash page more cramped as they fit in their little widgets and that they're trying to upsell you on little applications but it's not like the league manager is bad.For the OP: I was skimming over a thread on this from last year on Rotoworld that got bumped, and a lot of guys seemd to like OnRoto.com. No idea on what it's like, just that other people apparently liked it. YMMV.

You were given the answer by Canman. I do three with leagues with entry fees between 100 and 300 dollars that include minor league players, and all of them moved to Onroto within a year of it starting up. Many of the industry leagues moved to OnRoto even before All Star Stats slid downhill.
www.onroto.com It's a pay site,($99) but worth it! Support is great and they listen to your requests. They do keeper and head to head.

Users who are viewing this thread