What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snowmageddon 2022 (2 Viewers)

=Smackdown=

Footballguy
2014 starts off with Hercules bearing down on the Northeast.

Long Island and the Tri-State area looking at 6-12". Kids hoping for a snow day off school on Friday.

Run, don't walk, to the nearest supermarket. Beer running dangerously low.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to see white people running frantically through the grocery store parking lots with 4 to 5 gallons of milk.

Can't wait.

We got 14 inches here in Northwest burbs of Chicago. But the only time you hear the Weather Channel or see a thread on this board, it's when the Northeast is going to get it. Sheesh, typical East Coast Bias.

We have almost a foot on the ground right now, expecting a lot more.

Nothing noteworthy.

Pittsburgh expecting 3-5". No big deal but the heaviest is supposed to hit during afternoon rush hour which always makes it worse.

Pittsburgh expecting 3-5". No big deal but the heaviest is supposed to hit during afternoon rush hour which always makes it worse.
Happily, i took today off. There is no easy way to get from the airport area to Washington by avoiding the parkway west and I79 which will most likely be atrocious (as well as the rest of SWPa even if it's just an inch or two)

Happily, i took today off. There is no easy way to get from the airport area to Washington by avoiding the parkway west and I79 which will most likely be atrocious (as well as the rest of SWPa even if it's just an inch or two)
NW PA is getting more...4-6 inches. :flex:

We got 14 inches here in Northwest burbs of Chicago. But the only time you hear the Weather Channel or see a thread on this board, it's when the Northeast is going to get it. Sheesh, typical East Coast Bias.
Hello to you too. Is this going to be gone in time for me to fly in on Sunday?

It's going to be bad. They always underpredict the first bad storm in the NE. I'm expecting over a foot of snow. Getting all my work done for tomorrow so I don't even have to consider driving in.

I love to see black people running frantically through the grocery store parking lots with 4 to 5 gallons of malt liquor.

Can't wait.

I love to see black people running frantically through the grocery store parking lots with 4 to 5 gallons of malt liquor.

Can't wait.
I love to see white people running frantically through the grocery store parking lots with 4 to 5 gallons of milk.

Can't wait.
One of these things is not like the other.
Yeah, McGarnicle is a racist
So AR is racist too? Need clarification.

Can't wait.

Can't wait.
LOL. AR racist? Nope. I can vouch for him.

Can't wait.

Can't wait.
No, he said is not like the other

it was a joke ;)

The weather channel, accuweather, etc are worse than mainstream media...

"Ahhhhh, it's Hercules!!! Run for cover!!! There is going to be 20mph wind, 30 degree temps, & 5 inches of snow in NYC... The danger scale is orange!!!"

Is this the new thing, naming snowstorms? What's next, a thunderstorm named Poseidon?

I just went for a 4 mile run. Our temps are in the teens, winds are north of twenty, and there is between 6 and 12 inches of snow on the ground.

It's fine outside. Wherever you are.

Blizzard warning here in the NYC suburbs. It was previously just a winter storm watch. Blizzard warning sounds a lot more

ominous.

:unsure:

I live about 5 miles north of Palatine.

The latest snow totals from the city and suburbs

Posted on Jan 02 2014 - 1:42 pm by stevekahnwgntv

The snow seems to be winding down in areas north and west of the city, put a plume of heavy lake-effect snow continues to stream into the city and the southern suburbs. It is those areas that will get the most new snow the remainder of this afternoon and evening.

Official reports from the citys airports

OHare International Airport 9.2 inches

Midway Airport 10.9 inches

Harwood Heights 11.8 inches

Streamwood 13.0 inches

Palatine 15.0 inches

Homewood 6.1 inches

Gardner 2.8 inches

Morton Grove 13.3 inches

Rockford 6.7 inches

Evanston 12.0 inches

Glen Ellyn 10.8 inches
http://blog.chicagoweathercenter.com/2014/01/02/the-latest-snow-totals-from-the-city-and-suburbs/

mr roboto said:
East Coast Bias said:
Hello to you too. Is this going to be gone in time for me to fly in on Sunday?
Yes. It's done now basically. Come on in!
Awesome. I'll be the guy in shorts and a t-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread