What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator - DT,DE,LB,CB,S (1 Viewer)

gangrenengold

Footballguy
I thought I read somewhere that this year the Draft Dominator would be splitting up the defensive positions from DL--->DT, DE and so on. Any truth to this because the most recent version does not offer this ability?

I just asked the same question on the Apps forum. This is the first year they've even mentioned they'd be doing it, so I'm hoping it finally happens. Been waiting 5 years on this request for the one league I'm in that doesn't ban commercial software. :football:

Just got word back from footballguys saying that this feature still may not be available this year.
What is disappointing is that one of the chiefs in the organization mentioned that they would be doing that this year. I don't recall whether it was Joe or someone else. I think it was titled "20 Questions with..." or something like that.

Obviously, they haven't followed through.

I can't figure out why it's such a Herculean task. DD readily breaks out RB's, WR's and TE's based on how you set up your individual league specs under "setup". I'm not a programmer, but how is it that difficult to go and do the same thing for defense?

I think it's just a priorities issue. We keep subscribing. So why wouldn't they keep taking the money? But rather than come out and say that and risk pissing us off enough to actually bail, they try and pacify us by saying it's such a huge tech undertaking and that they are working on it and maybe get it ready for next year. Of course, the "maybe" is intended to get us to hang on another year (and by all means keep sending in that cash) until we can start the same old song and dance again next year.

Maybe we should do an over under contest on which year DD will finally incorporate those IDP breakdowns.

FBG doesn't care about DD, they care about their stupid iphone/ipad app because they get people to buy it. No one is buying the DD. It comes with an FBG subscription. They haven't updated the DD template in about 7 years. You still can't even tab over to the next box. It still isn't fully operational for mac. Really really lame. I'm dumbfounded that FBG's competition hasn't come across with anything better as of yet. I'd bail on FBG in 2 seconds if another option was out there. Rotoworld's version is the closest but it still leaves a lot to be desired, especially on the IDP front. Unfortunately, just like everything else in the world of capitalism, it is competition that is going to force FBG to update and improve the DD. Until their competition comes up with an alternate program, FBG is going to keep ignoring the DD.

GridironMenace said:
FBG doesn't care about DD, they care about their stupid iphone/ipad app because they get people to buy it.
I wouldn't want to use an app for a draft. I prefer using my laptop with a bigger screen and keyboard. I couldn't imagine trying to use the DD on my phone or Kindle. Seems like it would be too clumsy...

FBG doesn't care about DD, they care about their stupid iphone/ipad app because they get people to buy it. No one is buying the DD. It comes with an FBG subscription. They haven't updated the DD template in about 7 years. You still can't even tab over to the next box. It still isn't fully operational for mac. Really really lame. I'm dumbfounded that FBG's competition hasn't come across with anything better as of yet. I'd bail on FBG in 2 seconds if another option was out there. Rotoworld's version is the closest but it still leaves a lot to be desired, especially on the IDP front. Unfortunately, just like everything else in the world of capitalism, it is competition that is going to force FBG to update and improve the DD. Until their competition comes up with an alternate program, FBG is going to keep ignoring the DD.
I hear what you are saying but people are buying DD. I am one. And everyone in one of my leagues used to be as well, but they have since gotten frustrated with the lack of upgrading. I am pretty sure that only two of us subscribed this year. So in that sense FBG's lost about $250 of revenue from one of my leagues. That isn't a lot, but at the same time, the empire is built $25 at a time and can crumble $25 at a time.

The only reason I subscribe is to get DD and the MFL Import. I do access subscriber content regularly. But it's basically in the interest of time killing. FBG's is one of several sources of info I browse over the course of any given week and I tend to piece together and blend the info, so it isn't like FBG's is making or saving my season with the subscriber content. I just enjoy reading about fantasy football and do so because it's available.

So I am right there with you in that if a competitor ever puts out a product that does better, I'll be done as a subscriber.

Something else I would like to see added is the ability to skip picks. My leagues allow teams to keep a variable number of players, so some are done drafting before others. I've brought this up before and was told to make extra fake players and use those for the skips. That's what I've been doing and it's a bit of an unwanted hassle...

Users who are viewing this thread