What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to Give the Heave-Ho to.... (1 Viewer)

just_want_2_win

Footballguy
Lots of intriguing names available off waivers in Week 8. To make room on your roster, who are you giving up on? Any of the following?

Zac Stacy

Chris Johnson

Fitz

Asiata

Witten

Gerhart

Who else?

Keenan Allen
few guys on twitter are saying he's a buy low. i'd pick him up off waivers if he shows up there after waivers run tonight
I was thinking this, then I looked at his targets ... he's like 35th. Unless San Diego grossly changes their offensive philosophy from spreading the wealth, I don't think he's going to perform a lot better. TD rate is obviously a bit low, but he's just not getting the looks. That said, he's certainly not a drop candidate. Once the TD rate normalizes he should be a solid WR3.

Floyd was certainly the steal this year, though, and I'd like to thank advice from these boards. I got him super late/cheap in all my 16 & 20-teamers ... makes a huge difference getting a solid WR3 for free in those leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut Chris Johnson a while ago and Gerhart (different league) last week.

This week, I am dropping Taliaferro and Seattle D in one league, P. Thomas and Blount in another, and Wheaton in two more.

Lots of intriguing names available off waivers in Week 8. To make room on your roster, who are you giving up on? Any of the following?

Zac Stacy

Chris Johnson

Fitz

Asiata

Witten

Gerhart

Who else?
I'd drop all but Fitz/Witten. I don't own either of those 2, but I'd try to package them for a higher upside player, their name value is still decent and someone might think they're buying low on them. The others are easy cuts for me in 12 team ppr redraft formats.

MARKUS WHEATON (sorry for all caps - killed me last night)

and this is a 16 team league.

Allen and matty ice
Oooh, I know about Ryan. Where I have him though QBs are depleted (12 teamer). I just picked up Palmer again last week and don't trust Ryan though I am still scared a bit about Palmer's shoulder.
Cook

J Thompson

J Randle

Asiata

Dawson

P Thomas

Adios,
So many articles are pimping Randle because Murray's due to go down at any moment.
I hate dropping allen. Am I the only one who thought he looked more involved last week? He may be coming around. Hate for someone else to scoop him and get whatever good games are coming this season

Kelce, possibly. It's a no TE league (flex option though).

Andy Reid has his head up his #### on this one.

Allen and matty ice
Oooh, I know about Ryan. Where I have him though QBs are depleted (12 teamer). I just picked up Palmer again last week and don't trust Ryan though I am still scared a bit about Palmer's shoulder.
Cook

J Thompson

J Randle

Asiata

Dawson

P Thomas

Adios,
So many articles are pimping Randle because Murray's due to go down at any moment.
I hate dropping allen. Am I the only one who thought he looked more involved last week? He may be coming around. Hate for someone else to scoop him and get whatever good games are coming this season
Nope. No way I'm dropping him yet either. Probably starting him this week.

Depends on league size, rules, dynasty, yaha, yada, yada...

I'm kicking to the curb (in various leagues):

Asiata

Pierce

Gerhart

Stacey

Anyone dropping Jeremy Hill?
Good point to bring up. Add to that Andre Williams. Hill is a primo handcuff but Cinci O has gone cold and Hill doesn't tote the ball much at all or even catch that many passes. Williams is on bye and Jennings seems to be on track to return after it. Of course in Hill's case watch you drop him and Bernard get hurt but on the other hand there isn't much immediate upside for a time when byes and injuries are creating roster crunches and there are upside guys on the wire to be had.

Kelce, possibly. It's a no TE league (flex option though).

Andy Reid has his head up his #### on this one.
Have to disagree,at least in a 12 team FFPC league,Kelce is actually 11th in pts. for TE's.

However,I will agree with you on Reid,Kelce could be much more productive if Andy would just realize that "Fasano" in Italian means "running in mud uphill" and give Travis more snaps.

SJax is getting jettisoned into the cold vacuum of space (dynasty). By the time ATL oline is fixed he will have long been worm food. Just dropped Baldwin this weekend to pick up Shoelace, will no longer tolerate this lump of dead weight.

Probably best to specify whether it's redraft, or dynasty, or both when you list a player to drop.

Fitz, Reggie Wayne. Both are washed up and looking very very slow.

If Doug Martin doesn't produce this week, he's next.

I cut Chris Johnson a while ago and Gerhart (different league) last week.

This week, I am dropping Taliaferro and Seattle D in one league, P. Thomas and Blount in another, and Wheaton in two more.
I've been holding onto CJ, but I think it's time to just send him to the waiver wire.

I cut Chris Johnson weeks ago in a 12 team redraft. I've picked up hot targets like Oliver and Andre Williams, and the first sniff of Rashad healthy I have to cut Williams. That being said, I can't bring myself to cut Jeremy Hill. He looks too good to my eyes, the team will get better with AJ Green back, and he's a Giovani nick away from serious relevance. I may be hoping against hope with Randle, but again if something happens to Murray I want the back behind that line. I'll probably cut Benny Cunningham, as Mason just made that an unpredictable, 3 headed monster mess.

Donnell

Asiata

Donnell isn't hogging the rz targets anymore, has had a few stinker games since his 3 TD game, fumbled twice in front of Tom Coughlin, watched as the other TE scored last week and is heading in to a bye. He isn't getting the same targets as the first 4 weeks.

Dynasty - I'm biding time thru the bye weeks holding onto S. Jackson. Who knows if I'll need him? Injuries can decimate a team overnight.

Zac Stacy

Chris Johnson

Fitz

Asiata

Witten

Gerhart

Who else?
I would cut all those people unless you are in Dynasty. Then I'd keep Fitz unless you have a better option. He could move to a new team if Ari cuts him due to his 28 mil pricetag. If he's "the guy" in his new team he could have another good year or 2.

This week in a dynasty league I cut Derek Carr and Andre Williams (and Pats Def) for Stepfan Taylor (as an Ellington owner), Charles Sims (Put on IR but could return and start for TB), Ryan Tannehill and Martavis Bryant.

I think Carr will remain on the WW through the year and Andre just hasn't shown me he's roster worthy. I think if the Giants move on from Jennings after this season they'll draft a RB who can actually catch a pass.

PPR:

Steven Jackson

Hasn't surpassed 54 yards rushing all year. Offensive line is in shambles. The whole offense right now scares me. It's a 4 man RBBC. He's scored over 8.5 FP 2 out of 7 games. I'm hard pressed to think of a current starting NFL RB with a lower fantasy ceiling. I believe he's only lead his own team in RB fantasy points in 2 of 7 games this season. I have my doubts that a 31 year old RB that's logged 2600+ carries & 3100+ touches is going to get stronger as the year goes on. I really don't think there's any amount of injuries to that RB core that will make him much of a fantasy factor this season. He's a guy that'll get what's blocked.....on a team that can't block.

Jason Witten

Another name brand guy that you can get similar production with at TE every week off the wire. Not catching TDs has been tolerable in the past because he's catching high # of passes. That isn't happening this year. I believe he's on pace to catch a little more than 50 balls. I'm quite puzzled to see him mentioned as a TE1 still in articles I read. (He's in the twenties in PPG)

One guy that really scares me also is Matt Ryan. The guy has absolutely no time to throw at all. I think he's more QB2 than QB1 rest of the year. (if he survives the season) Re-watching that Balt game, I felt bad for the guy. (And he's playing 9 road games (London)....and 6 home games this fantasy season)

DirtyCashDylan said:
Donnell

Asiata

Donnell isn't hogging the rz targets anymore, has had a few stinker games since his 3 TD game, fumbled twice in front of Tom Coughlin, watched as the other TE scored last week and is heading in to a bye. He isn't getting the same targets as the first 4 weeks.
He averaged 7.75 targets the first 4 weeks. He had 7 last week. Could be an aberration but I'm thinking not with Cruz out.

Smack Tripper said:
Montee ball

Sf D - concerned about Willis toe and their injuries
shadyridr said:
Montee ball

I wouldnt drop keenan allen. Hmm maybe ill offer ball to the hillman owner for allen.
I dropped Ball last night. I am a Hillman owner and will just have to sweat it out for the first game Ball comes back.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
harvin

k.allen

seattle d
I would not jettison Harvin yet, unless you absolutely need the roster space for a solid add. At least wait a week or two to see what the Jets do with him. You don't want to regret this and you can always drop him in two weeks...

need2know said:
Allen and matty ice
I can't imagine dropping Matt Ryan unless it's an 8 team league. Even his bad games get me around 16 points, while the QBs on the waiver wire will get you 4 points on a bad day.

Crabtree - 10-teamer - has too many 2 catch/15 yard games to consider him anything more than a WR3/4

Quick - I thought the QB change wouldn't affect him. It has. Has it not been for one big 50-yard+ TD a few weeks ago, his stats over the last 4 weeks have been abysmal.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
harvin

k.allen

seattle d
I would not jettison Harvin yet, unless you absolutely need the roster space for a solid add. At least wait a week or two to see what the Jets do with him. You don't want to regret this and you can always drop him in two weeks...
Why would someone be down on an explosive player going to a different situation that wants him. This is not a traditional WR who has to learn a route tree, he cant run most anyways. Go deep, run a post, bubble screen, reverse. He is a gadget players going to a team that wants to utilize him. If you held on to him this long why would you cut now that he has upside? Do you have a reason other than he hasnt done anything yet? Seems many have already pointed out he has had 4 TDs taken off the board so he has opportunity? That is the definition of a guy you would like to acquire for cheap or keep in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread