What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coward fatally ambushes 2 NYPD, commits suicide (2 Viewers)

JaxBill

Footballguy
New York (CNN) -- Two New York City police officers were shot and killed ambush-style Saturday as they sat in their patrol car in Brooklyn, according to two law enforcement sources.

Both officers were shot in the head, one of the sources said. Few other details were available.

They had been rushed to a hospital in critical condition, said police spokesman Sgt. Lee Jones.

The families of the fallen officers arrived at Woodhull Medical Center on Saturday afternoon, as dozens of police officers gathered in a show of support.

The alleged shooter was found dead in a nearby subway station from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to a law enforcement official.

The shooting occurred near Myrtle and Tompkins avenues in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/20/us/new-york-police-officers-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the slain officers and I hope that piece of #### rots in hell.

It's NY Daily News so.....

Two NYPD cops were executed Saturday after a gang member from Baltimore drove to the city to kill police officers after wounding his girlfriend, sources told the Daily News.

The shooter, identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, boasted about wanting to kill cops in the hours before he ambushed the officers outside the Tompkins Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant about 3 p.m. Saturday.

“I’m Putting Wings On Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours...Let’s Take 2 of Theirs,” Brinsley wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of a silver handgun.

Brinsley made good on his promise, firing several rounds into the patrol car parked near Myrtle and Tompkins Aves., witnesses said.
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cops-shot-brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941

Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages
Users I'm Ignoring

Name Group Posts Signature Messenger
photo-thumb-50102.jpg
Jack White

First time using this feature

Last edited by a moderator:

Two NYPD cops were executed Saturday after a gang member from Baltimore drove to the city to kill police officers after wounding his girlfriend, sources told the Daily News.

The shooter, identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, boasted about wanting to kill cops in the hours before he ambushed the officers outside the Tompkins Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant about 3 p.m. Saturday.

“I’m Putting Wings On Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours...Let’s Take 2 of Theirs,” Brinsley wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of a silver handgun.

Brinsley made good on his promise, firing several rounds into the patrol car parked near Myrtle and Tompkins Aves., witnesses said.
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cops-shot-brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941
I wonder if he got this from that piece of trash Farrakahn. It's what he requested after the Michael Brown shooting. ####### scumbags.

This is ####### awful!! Pisses me off, ####### coward scumbag #######. Stories like this really make me hope there is an awful dark pit of hell reserved for eternity for scumbags like this.

RIP officers and T&P to their families.

Sharpton demagoguery almost rises to the level of fascistic at times, it's almost Crown Heights all over again. He and De Blasio and their ilk should turn down the rhetoric now.

Tragic.

Hopefully this is a turning point with all this nonsense.
It was almost bound to happen.

The NYPD were heroes after the attacks of 9/11/01. They are heroes, it's a shame how they have been dragged down. I'm sorry for what happened to Garner, it happened here in NO a few years ago, but this whole turning the cops into hated enemies of the "people" is just beyond the pale, it needs to stop right now.

Im Putting Wings On Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours...Lets Take 2 of Theirs, Brinsley wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of a silver handgun.

I wonder if he got this from that piece of trash Farrakahn. It's what he requested after the Michael Brown shooting. ####### scumbags.
but weren't the cops black?

Im Putting Wings On Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours...Lets Take 2 of Theirs, Brinsley wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of a silver handgun.

He was talking about killing cops, not non-blacks but I'm sure he would be happy about that too.

The NYPD were heroes after the attacks of 9/11/01. They are heroes, it's a shame how they have been dragged down. I'm sorry for what happened to Garner, it happened here in NO a few years ago, but this whole turning the cops into hated enemies of the "people" is just beyond the pale, it needs to stop right now.
Does this have anything to do with Eric Garner?

You don't think this has anything to do with the social volatility and antipathy towards cops after the Garner incident? I do.

You don't think this has anything to do with the social volatility and antipathy towards cops after the Garner incident? I do.
Maybe. don't know.

Every once in a while, someone goes off the rails and ambushes cops. Often the person is a gang member who has their own history with the police.

Sharpton demagoguery almost rises to the level of fascistic at times, it's almost Crown Heights all over again. He and De Blasio and their ilk should turn down the rhetoric now.

Tragic.
Sharpton condemned the killings:http://jezebel.com/letitia-james-al-sharpton-release-statements-after-kil-1673654680
"he doesn't really mean it" -- The Right
Really, just "the right"?

Independents, moderates and liberals, progressives and "the left" don't think he is an absolute, professional race baiter? What happened at Crown Heights, just another misunderstanding? Who does support him?

During the funeral of Gavin Cato on August 26th, Al Sharpton gave an anti-Semitic eulogy, which fueled the fires of hatred.

“The world will tell us he was killed by accident. Yes, it was a social accident. ... It's an accident to allow an apartheid ambulance service in the middle of Crown Heights. ... Talk about how Oppenheimer in South Africa sends diamonds straight to Tel Aviv and deals with the diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights. The issue is not anti-Semitism; the issue is apartheid. ... All we want to say is what Jesus said: If you offend one of these little ones, you got to pay for it. No compromise, no meetings, no kaffe klatsch, no skinnin' and grinnin'. Pay for your deeds."
http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2012/03/real-al-sharpton-incitement-of-1991.html

Well, he's much better now. Now he has a national tv news show on MSNBC.

During the funeral of Gavin Cato on August 26th, Al Sharpton gave an anti-Semitic eulogy, which fueled the fires of hatred.

“The world will tell us he was killed by accident. Yes, it was a social accident. ... It's an accident to allow an apartheid ambulance service in the middle of Crown Heights. ... Talk about how Oppenheimer in South Africa sends diamonds straight to Tel Aviv and deals with the diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights. The issue is not anti-Semitism; the issue is apartheid. ... All we want to say is what Jesus said: If you offend one of these little ones, you got to pay for it. No compromise, no meetings, no kaffe klatsch, no skinnin' and grinnin'. Pay for your deeds."

But they have like 100 viewers, so I'm reluctant to call it a "national" show. :D

But they have like 100 viewers, so I'm reluctant to call it a "national" show. :D
Hm, good point.

Serial race-baiter Al Sharpton is credited with saying, “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house" as a response the Crown Heights riot. That is a fallacy; he made that threatening comment to the Jewish community about the growing Jeffries controversy on August 18th the day before the riots began.

Wow...that's some serious hate-speech...

And I thought Jesse calling NY "Himey Town" was over the top...WOW.

Can we get this thread off Sharpton and back to the topic at hand? I already linked to his condemnation of the attack. Geez. :rolleyes:

Sounds like this guy was on the run for offing his GF and decided to take two cops with him. Needed a better headline though. Revolt against the growing police state is inevitable and the meida is predictably trying to stoke the fire.

Yeah, so I pretty much predicted this a few weeks ago during the Michael Brown riots. Al Sharpton, the Brown family, and all the protesters - they all have a little blood on their hands tonight. Sleep well.

Can we get this thread off Sharpton and back to the topic at hand? I already linked to his condemnation of the attack. Geez. :rolleyes:
So according to this very right wing site (popped up on Bing news...), this is what was posted on the killer's facebook page:

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jihad.jpg

Yep, koranic verse.

Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.
And:

Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley announced on Instagram

They Take 1 Of Ours … Let’s Take 2 of Theirs. And murdered two police officers.

Sounds like this guy was on the run for offing his GF and decided to take two cops with him. Needed a better headline though. Revolt against the growing police state is inevitable and the meida is predictably trying to stoke the fire.
Right, any attempt at some grand political statement is lost when the whole incident begins with shooting your girlfriend. This guy is no different than the other long list of mass shooters that we see all too much of.

Yes, I've been informed black people can't be racist. Time to move on, people.
LOL. When I was in college I had a young, angry black woman confront me at an anti-Farakhan rally screaming that black people cannot, by definition, be racist.

Users who are viewing this thread