What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBPC Mocks, User Interface (1 Viewer)

The_Law

Footballguy
Any veterans out there have advice for getting used to the FFPC software/user interface? There does not seem to be a mock draft tab at the league page. Is there a sight where we can use the FFPC software to mock? What software programs have you used in conjunction with the FBPC?

Thank you. All answers appreciated

47 views and no responses? Come now, certainly some of you have experience with this. Do you simply use programs like Draft Dominator? I have found that online drafts move to fast in order to keep up if the programs are not synched. For a $350 investment, I do not want to learn the interface during my draft.

All help/advice appreciated.

JR

I use the mobile draft dominator. I then change the draft settings and adjust them so the stupid CPU drafters actually draft similar to what FPC drafts would be like. I don't copy the scoring because you don't get a realistic draft.

Scientist, thanks for your response. Your response has engendered further questions from my part:

a. I would think using the same scoring as FBPC would give you a more realistic draft? No?

b. How about during real time drafts? Can you keep up using the mobile draft dominator? I tried it last year in a snake draft and the league was on pick 8 while I was still trying to input the second pick. Perhaps the stakes makes managers a little more contemplative and gives you more time.

Thanks,

JR

Scientist, thanks for your response. Your response has engendered further questions from my part:

a. I would think using the same scoring as FBPC would give you a more realistic draft? No?

b. How about during real time drafts? Can you keep up using the mobile draft dominator? I tried it last year in a snake draft and the league was on pick 8 while I was still trying to input the second pick. Perhaps the stakes makes managers a little more contemplative and gives you more time.

Thanks,

JR
A) It doesn't because you end up getting computers picking QBs really high (and you still do even if you devalue them by making TDs worth 2pts for example instead of 4). And for the mobile dominator I use it as a mock draft tool....so you can put yourself at pick 7 for example and let the computer draft the other slots. Its good practice that can happen quick and you can try different methods. If you make the scoring the same as the FPC QBs get picked really high still, TE's are not valued the same and the .5 extra per reception they get still isn't enough of an advantage to get them picked in the right slots. Realistically you will have 3 TE's gone before the start of round 3 most the time. I played around with the scoring settings until I felt it accurately produced results similar to the general FPC drafts.

B) For real time drafts you could use the mobile dominator. In that case I would set up the draft with FPC scoring. You then will want to set up all 12 teams to manual draft and pick yourself for all 12 teams. That way the VBD score given would mean something.

I like the mobile dominator WAYYY better because you can take it anywhere. You don't even need an internet connection or phone service. I recently took it backpacking and mock drafted at night. Its only $5 .....great money spent imo.

47 views and no responses? Come now, certainly some of you have experience with this. Do you simply use programs like Draft Dominator? I have found that online drafts move to fast in order to keep up if the programs are not synched. For a $350 investment, I do not want to learn the interface during my draft.

All help/advice appreciated.

JR
You have to understand that they are on a brand new site this year so nobody has drafter on that interface before

The ONLY way to get meaningful practice is with real bodies who will stay for the whole draft mocking for the exact rules. You can try MDC for FFPC mock drafts but it is not the same interface and it's a mock. You would be much better off joining one of their $77 leagues (assuming they still have them) and at least learning the site even if the league parameters are slightly different.

Users who are viewing this thread