What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL NLDS Thread: Cardinals vs. Dodgers*** (1 Viewer)

RnR

Footballguy
Apparently we're doing separate threads for each series.

Adam Wainwright and Clayton Kershaw square off in Game 1. Should be fun.

Fun, who do I root for?

The team that spends like the Yankees, or the team that wins like them

I'm rooting for an earthquake

I'm going to classify this under, "Things I don't understand". You get a run off the best pitcher in baseball and have him at 12 pitches in the first inning. The 4th batter of the inning comes up and swings at the first pitch he sees. Seems like there should be something philosophical in play there that says, "Even if we don't score another run, a 1-0 lead and, say, 17 first inning pitches is a good start to the game."

Great battle with Gordon. Get the pitch count up enough so Waino is effective

Last edited by a moderator:
So hoping Kershaw misses inside and gets ejected....now that would be funny. Wainwright setting the tone even with the run scored.

I know Harold Reynolds is kind of a doosh but I wonder if there might be some validity to his statements about St. Louis relaying signs from second.

He's not gonna get away with that every game. Too many pitches, too many walks, too many base runners in close games.

I don't know why opposing teams don't just stand up there and not swing. Most of his strikeouts come on balls anyway.

That said, I'll take this first win. We needed to take one of these. Let's see what the bats can do tomorrow.

So... What's the more likely explanation for what happened in the top of the 7th?

Kershaw was tipping his pitches with variation in his hand/glove position.

Cards cracked the code of the catcher's signs and runners on second weer signaling pitch and location back to the hitter.

So... What's the more likely explanation for what happened in the top of the 7th?

Cards cracked the code of the catcher's signs and runners on second weer signaling pitch and location back to the hitter.
Neither. His pitches didn't have nearly the action they did earlier on. I'd have to go back and watch but it seemed all of those were left over the plate when they were hit.

Neither. His pitches didn't have nearly the action they did earlier on. I'd have to go back and watch but it seemed all of those were left over the plate when they were hit.
The answer is, he needs a good psychiatrist. He's now 1-4, 5.20 in the playoffs. No reason for that, other than between the ears.

Jay gets an inside pitch, takes the HBP, runs to first without a word, takes second on a wild pitch.

Puig gets an inside pitch, loses his ####, strikes out later in the at-bat, and has to be told to go back to the dugout from the umpire.

I've seen the phantom tag a bunch of times. And now it gets called because of replay.
What I don't understand is how you can just give Greinke second base. I mean, clearly he wasn't tagged, but he peeled out of the baseline and surrendered himself. He was not very far down the baseline. Who is to say that after the throw to first base that Adams doesn't fire the ball down to 2nd base for a play on Greinke? How can we just assume he arrives there without issue? I'd think at most you can return him to the field at the last base that he reached safely.

I've seen the phantom tag a bunch of times. And now it gets called because of replay.
What I don't understand is how you can just give Greinke second base. I mean, clearly he wasn't tagged, but he peeled out of the baseline and surrendered himself. He was not very far down the baseline. Who is to say that after the throw to first base that Adams doesn't fire the ball down to 2nd base for a play on Greinke? How can we just assume he arrives there without issue? I'd think at most you can return him to the field at the last base that he reached safely.
... and now it costs the Cardinals a run on a two-out single.

Users who are viewing this thread