What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doug Gottlieb interview with Jim Mora Jr. (1 Viewer)

ghawk

Footballguy
WOW!!! Jim Mora is a straight up a**!! No wonder he's out of football! Please check it out and listen to it if you get a chance...

Mora may be a ##### but Goettlieb asked stupid questions. You ask stupid questions you may get stupid answers or you may be made a fool of.

Every time I hear Mora talk, it just reaffirms how happy I was that Seattle fired him.

I was listening to it too. Not a big fan of Gottlieb but Mora jr. was an ##### in the interview. he was obvioulsy in a bad mood and should have cancelled the interview.

LOL, I got out of my car after 1/3 of this interview was over, and I was thinking that it was a weird interview. I wish I would have listened to all of it!

Wow, stay classy Mora.

The general question was... "Vick admits he has a new found respect for the game. Do you ever wish, or wonder what it would have been like if he took things more seriously back then?" and he gets all bent.

Then he changes subject to the Philly fans' reaction (a subject which has a poll and much discussion on this board) and it gets worse.

I'll bet his dad is proud.

Ha, that was great. At first, I thought it was his father.

At first I thought Gottlieb's questions were pretty lame and combative, but then remembered he works for BSPN and it all made sense.

Mora wasn't tactful in his response but Gottlieb was pretty much mocking Mora's coaching by asking that question. You made your bed so lay in it! I blame Gottlieb

Gottlieb is a turd. He essentially asked Mora if he thought Vick got him fired from his job in Atlanta. What kind of screwball question is that? "Does it bum you out that he wasn't all that bought in when you coached him?" Gee I cant see why that would make a former head coach go sideways. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Lemonjello said:
Mora was born on third and thinks he hit a triple.
Pearl Jam.--------

Here's the thing about the interview, and I was actually watching it live on ESPN U, and rewound it because I couldn't understand why Mora was so pissed. Mora overreacted, no doubt. But the question that pissed Mora off at it's core was this - "If Mike Vick bought in to your system would you still be the coach in ATL." -- I can see where that might piss someone off. But I still think Mora overreacted. Listening to Wingo and Mark Sher(how ever you spell his name) after the interview was really, really funny. Gottlieb played the interview for them and they were subtly blasting Mora. That's top notch radio, folks. All of it.

Never liked either one of them.

Especially never liked Gottlieb and used to be kind of indifferent to Mora. This interview moves Mora past Gottlieb on the d-bag scale though.

Heard the last half live and just kept thinking how awkward the interview was. Then Gottlieb ends it and Mora comes out with that last stupid line. Hearing the full thing I realize it just started heading downhill right from the get-go. Mora is an ### and Gottlieb had some stupid questions and it worked out just great.

Heard the last half live and just kept thinking how awkward the interview was. Then Gottlieb ends it and Mora comes out with that last stupid line. Hearing the full thing I realize it just started heading downhill right from the get-go. Mora is an ### and Gottlieb had some stupid questions and it worked out just great.
Same questions that have talked about on every espn show since McNabb left Philly

Don't understand what was so stupid about Gotlieb's question. As a Falcons fan, I'm happy that Vick has found a home again but I'm kinda mad that he didn't give it his all when he was in Atlanta, and I think Mora is partially to blame for that.

I think Mora was fine in that interview. I don't get the hate. He was asked how an entire fan base should "feel." Isn't a feeling a personal thing? Outside of his final comment and swearing a little bit, I don't get why people are bagging on Mora.

I think Mora was fine in that interview. I don't get the hate. He was asked how an entire fan base should "feel." Isn't a feeling a personal thing? Outside of his final comment and swearing a little bit, I don't get why people are bagging on Mora.
Because that's what he gets paid to do... give his opinion on matters surrounding that game. It takes 5 seconds to say "I think McNabb gave Philly a lot of good years and they should be thankful for that". Done. It may not have been the greatest question in the history of interviews but it was hardly worth the scorn.Admittedly, I've only heard pieces of the interview and not the question concerning Vick's effort in Atlanta, but that seems like a perfectly reasonable question to ask. Was the tone of it what set Mora off.

Rick James said:
Don't understand what was so stupid about Gotlieb's question. As a Falcons fan, I'm happy that Vick has found a home again but I'm kinda mad that he didn't give it his all when he was in Atlanta, and I think Mora is partially to blame for that.
The blame starts and ends with Arthur Blank IMO.

Mora's tool-o-meter was spinning during the interview. If anything, I am indifferent regarding Gottlieb, but the amount of pressers/interviews that Mora has been exposed to and he drops a deuce pretty much from the start.

Stay classy Mora!

I side with Mora(on whatever issue there might be). How should someone feel? THats a stupid question. Gottleib is a tool, he might know basketball, but he is no football guy. And he did kind of sting Mora with the "you might still be a coach" line.

But if something this trivial and stupid makes news, we as a country, are failing.

There was an early question that Mora was asked where it could easily have been taken as a bash on Mora's ability to coach/work with players. And it was the first or second question, so I think Mora thought this interview was some attack job on him and set the tone for the rest of the interview.

Having done interviews before, this is 101 - if you want to back the interviewee into an uncomfortable position to get dirt or a great quote, you start out with generic/light stuff before you smack/attack them with the tough stuff. Gottlieb did it exactly backwards and I would assume did it on purpose (which seems to fit his personality)- like I say, you don't put questions in that order unless you are just looking to get a reaction or hung up on.

I like Gottlieb when he's talking college basketball as there are few that understand the game better. Gottlieb and Bilas are the best in the business. However, Gottlieb kind of froze up under the pressure of the interview. Mora refuted Gottlieb's premise by saying that Vick has continually gotten better as most players do. To assume that Vick got Mora fired by being lazy and not buying in was a poor interviewer throwing gas on the fire to bail himself out. Gottlieb was trying to poke the bear with a stick and gets some good radio and it worked eventually but Gottlieb's credibility takes a hit if he's going to keep using these tactics of antagonistic interviews. Gottlieb was an ### this time. I'm not a fan of Mora but I've got no problem with his professionalism this time.

Sports radio would be top notch entertainment if a guest reacted the way Mora did whenever a stupid question was asked.

Mora was the complete tool here.

Let's be clear here. Nobody is going to be sending a tape of this interview to the broadcasters hall of fame. Gottlieb got rattled by Mora and as a result he came off as unprepared. The question about how Philly fans should react was inocuous but kind of lame. He wasn't going to get an interesting answer from Vince Lombardi with that question. Then he proceeds to ask it again after Mora's initial answer/non-answer. That was a mistake. He should have sensed how things were going and just moved on or rephrased it in a better way. The first question, however, was excellent. Vick has admitted that he wasn't committed back then and it's only natural to ask his coach at that time, what his thoughts are about Vick's new-found focus and how things might have been different if he had that mindset back then. I don't think it was meant to be antagonistic. He got pissy because that's what he does. If you're going to represent the league, you've got to be better than that.

Mora Jr was A terrible coach. I don't think Gottlieb realized Mora Jr was A crybaby jerk. He didn't do his Homework before the interview.

Users who are viewing this thread