What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 BOLD Predictions (1 Viewer)

ldizzle

Footballguy
Now that the preseason has kicked off and we have had a chance to see who might be rising, who might be falling, and who might pick up enough steam to start a hype train.

What are your bold predictions?

By the end of the season we will be talking about the 2012 QB draft class as one of the greatest in NFL history. I think Tannehill puts them over the top.

Jamal Charles gets injured early and Knile Davis rushes for 1,500 yards, 15 TDs and is the best player in fantasy...

New Orleans doesn't live up to hype. Tampa Bay makes the playoffs. Rams improve significantly but just miss the playoffs. Bengals represent AFC in Super Bowl against...49ers.

By the end of the season we will be talking about the 2012 QB draft class as one of the greatest in NFL history. I think Tannehill puts them over the top.
That isn't that bold. I think it already is a really really special class and while Tannehill hasn't been good, he hasn't been Gabbert level bad either. Bold would be saying Osweiller or Weedon put the class over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't that bold. I think it already is a really really special class and while Tannehill hasn't been good, he hasn't been Gabbert level bad either.
True. I guess in my mind the bold portion is that I won't be surprised if Tannehill posts the best fantasy numbers of the group.

I predict that

Jaguars Defense will be top 5

Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown will be RB1's for the second half of the season.

Stepfan Taylor ends up being the RB1 on the Cards.

Mark Ingram finally puts it together and is a borderline rb1/rb2

*Kelvin Benjamin is a Top 15 wr

*Darren McFadden plays 16 games and is a viable flex

*Stephen Hill is a wr3 with 60-750-6 line.

*Zach Ertz jumps into top 5 te

*TRich is a RB1 in ppr wins leagues

*Dez breaks 2000 yard mark

Bold predictions

Arizona wins the NFC West,Niners don't make the playoffs and fire Harbaugh at season's end.

Tampa beats New Orleans on final weekend to win NFC South,Panthers finish last at 4-12,Newton blames everyone else,including the fans.

Giants win the NFC East as their defense becomes a top 3 fantasy option. Eagles finish 7-9,one game behind that Washington team. Jerry Jones states,"We're THIS close to getting our glory hole days back" after 'Boys finish 3-13 with the worst defense in the modern era of The NFL.

Chargers win The AFC West,Broncos finish out of playoffs at 8-8.

Cardinals are first team to play in Super Bowl at home and promptly lose to Baltimore.

That isn't that bold. I think it already is a really really special class and while Tannehill hasn't been good, he hasn't been Gabbert level bad either.
True. I guess in my mind the bold portion is that I won't be surprised if Tannehill posts the best fantasy numbers of the group.
Yes, that is bold!

Atlanta and Washington both go from worst to first.

Percy Harvin plays a full 16-game season.

Victor Cruz reemerges as a top FF WR.

Monte Ball is the fantasy bust of the year.

Despite having an ADP of three rounds lower, Riley Cooper outperforms Jeremy Maclin.

Okay, not all of those are majorly bold, but it's what I am going with for now.

Atlanta and Washington both go from worst to first.

Percy Harvin plays a full 16-game season.

Victor Cruz reemerges as a top FF WR.

Monte Ball is the fantasy bust of the year.

Despite having an ADP of three rounds lower, Riley Cooper outperforms Jeremy Maclin.

Okay, not all of those are majorly bold, but it's what I am going with for now.
Agree with a lot of these, but that is crazy super bizzaro world bold to predict Harvin plays 16 games. And I don't see how Ball can bust unless he gets hurt.

- St. Louis Rams win the NFC West and lead the league in rushing yards.

- Eric Decker shows he is not just a product on Manning and finishes as a top 15 WR.

- Bernard Pierce finishes as a top 10 RB.

- Peyton Manning throws under 35 TDs and is not a top 5 QB.

- but Demaryius Thomas finishes as top ranked WR.

- Miami Dolphins "earn" the No. 1 overall pick in next year's draft

- Detroit Lions win the NFC North and make it to NFC championship game.

- Five TEs, Graham, Cameron, V. Davis, Reed, and Gronk lead their team in receiving yards.

- Andrew Luck finishes as a top 3 QB (not so bold).

- Hakeem Nicks finishes back in the top 10 WR rankings.

Andre Williams is a top 15 rb

Andre Brown leads Houston in rushing yds

Michael Floyd hits double digit tds and over 85 recs.

Dallas wins less than 5 games

And I don't see how Ball can bust unless he gets hurt.
I think it is pure madness that he is a late 1st rounder/early 2nd rounder right now. He basically has to do what Knowshon did last year to justify that price, and a) there is no guarantee that he will monopolize the RB touches, and b) I think most of us agree that the Broncos offense is gonna be less prolific this year (unless someone really thinks Peyton is gonna throw 50+ again and they score the most points ever again), and as such, the numbers will likely go down across the board. I think Ball could be good, but his current ADP is just madness, IMO. Ball getting nearly 1,600 total yards, 13 scores and 60 catches (Knowshon's numbers from last year) is NOT something I am willing to gamble on with a pick that high, or spend 40+ on in auctions.

Boykin has more touchdowns and receiving yards than Cobb.

Cam Newton and Nick Foles are not routinely start-able and both finish outside the top 15 in QB scoring. Loss of DeSean hurts the Eagles more than people realize, and Cam's ankle injuries + lack of WRs torpedoes the Panthers' season.

Charles Sims outscores Doug Martin in PPR.

Seahawks get crushed by the new defensive rule changes (and complacency after winning the Super Bowl), go 8-8, and miss the playoffs.

Cam Newton and Nick Foles are not routinely start-able and both finish outside the top 15 in QB scoring. Loss of DeSean hurts the Eagles more than people realize, and Cam's ankle injuries + lack of WRs torpedoes the Panthers' season.

Seahawks get crushed by the new defensive rule changes (and complacency after winning the Super Bowl), go 8-8, and miss the playoffs.
Funny, I was going to come in here and post that the Seahawks are barely affected by the rule emphasis but the rest of the league experiences a significant issue with them.

The bears will win the Super Bowl.

Top ten QB finishes in order: 1. Brees, 2. Manning, 3. Brady, 4. Cutler, 5. Luck, 6. Stafford, 7. Kaepernick, 8. Rodgers, 9. RGIII, 10. Romo

Carlos Hyde finishes as a top-20 RB

T.Y. Hilton finishes as a top-ten WR

D. Freeman finishes as a top-20 RB

The Packers fail to make the playoffs

Seahawks repeat as champs.... Boldly predicted them as champs last year and was correct!
My not bold prediction is that you continue to annoy everyone on this forum with your Seahawks banter for another year.My bold prediction is that the Eagles come in last in the NFC East.

Beat me to it...

Love this yearly thread. Always fun to look back at it midway through the season and after the season. Here are mine (in no particular order):

- Assuming Josh Gordon is suspended for the year, Miles Austin will be a top 20 WR and a draft day steal.

- Cordarrelle Patterson will be a top 10 WR.

- RG3 and Jay Cutler will both break back into the top 10 qbs. Griffin might enter top 3 conversation again.

- Mike Williams will be Buffalo's best WR this year while watkins adjusts to the NFL.

- Lamar Miller and Mark Ingram will tease us all again in preseason and move back to sucktitude in the regular season.

- Kenny Stills will be the true breakout WR to own in NO.

- Devonta Freeman will be forced into a starting role bc of a steven jackson injury and will be in the rookie of the year running after a top 12 finish at RB.

- Eli Manning will return to supremacy this year in Ben Mcadoo's offense. Reuben Randle will break out as the best NY giants WR.

- Johnny Manziel will take over for hoyer...and SUCK BALLS. The Browns will draft another QB next year.

Bears represent the NFC in the Super Bowl riding a modified version of the Beastie Boys song "No Sleep Till Glendale"

Bucs OC Tedford produces a 4000yd passer 2 1000yd receivers and a 1000yd rusher

Carlos Hyde is a top 10 rb

Arian Foster is waiver wire fodder by the end of the year

Megatron goes 2000yds 20 tds

Michael Floyd is top 5 wr

Gronk stays healthy and goes 1200 and 15

Travis Kelcie is a top 10 te

Pats win the Super Bowl but their D is the story all year not Brady

The Dallas Cowboys will set records for the most points allowed in the history of the NFL. They will allow 50+ points in 3 games this year.

CJ2K Top 5 RB

Peyton will finish 5th in QB scoring

Julio Jones will finish as the number 1 WR.

Stedman Bailey leads the team in receiving despite missing the first 4 games.

Geno Smith will rush for 500 yards.

Arizona finishes last in the NFC west but still go 8-8. NFC west teams kill the NFC east.

Cowboys go 5-11. Garret is fired at the end of the year.

Cleveland gets into the playoffs with Johnny Manziel playing at QB.

Fauria outscores Ebron in non-PPR.

Juwan Thompson becomes Denver's version of Mike Tolbert.

-Josh Gordon will win his appeal.

-The Jets will make the playoffs.

-The Dolphins will win their division.

Donnybrook said:
Arizona finishes last in the NFC west but still go 8-8. NFC west teams kill the NFC east.

Those both seem very likely to me.

One more... Russell Wilson finishes as qb1, followed by (in order) P. Manning, Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill.

Noah Davis said:
Cam Newton once again finishes as a top 5 QB

Torrey Smith top 15 WR

Toby Gerhardt top 10 RB
There is certainly a very real opportunity for Smith to be top 15 or better. His first two years he scored 7 and 8 TDs but only had 800 yards. Last year he had 1100 yards but only 4 TDs. If he can get the TDs and yards to line up, he is there. 1100 and 7 puts him right at 15 in non ppr.

Donnybrook said:

I will concede that the Cowboys prediction is not bold. I thought the other prediction was somewhat bold since Ebron was going top 10 in rookie drafts and Fauria is probably a free agent in most leagues.

Donnybrook said:

I will concede that the Cowboys prediction is not bold. I thought the other prediction was somewhat bold since Ebron was going top 10 in rookie drafts and Fauria is probably a free agent in most leagues.
It is bold, but Fauria has had a pretty good camp and Ebron has had a bad camp. Fauria is likely the #2 RZ target and will see more time between the 20s. I'm not convinced Ebron is anything more than a 3rd string TE.

Ball gets hurt/fumbles in the first game and is pulled for CJ Anderson who puts up a top 5 Knowshon type season.

Nick Foles is the biggest QB bust of the season and goes for 2500 yards 15 TDs and 18 INTs in 10 games before being pulled for Mark Sanchez.

The Cardinals win the NFC West, a division known for it's defenses, with their juggernaut offense.

To go with the above, Andre Ellington combines for 1900 yards and finishes Top 5 in PPR scoring.

Adrian Peterson goes down with an injury before week 8 and Teddy wins the Offensive RoY by bringing the Vikings to a wild card birth without AD.

Rashad Jennings is a top 10 PPR fantasy option.

Danny Woodhead once again eclipses 70 receptions and continues to be underrated for no reason.

Tavon Austin finishes Top 5 in WR scoring this season.

Heath Miller posts the Steelers second best season stats for receiving.

Brian Hoyer leads the Brown to 7-9 record.

Larry Fitzgerald finishes top 5.

Broncos defense finishes as #1.

Saints win the Superbowl.

Users who are viewing this thread