What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Snap Counts & Utilization (1 Viewer)

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
If I find the dynamic interesting, I'm going to post the stats. If you have any requests I'll look at it. I'm also going to include red zone targets this year.

* Player Name - Offensive Snap % - Targets - Red Zone Targets

Week 1

ATL

J. Jones - 93% - 9 - 0

R. White - 93% - 7 - 3

H. Douglas - 92% - 7 - 0

D. Hester - 28% - 6 - 0

Douglas played and drew more snaps/targets than I believe most would expect. This was likely dictated by game state but it's important to note for whenever ATL finds themselves in match-ups where they have to air it out moving forward. Hester's 5/99 stat line likely isn't sustainable, don't go chasing points. White was the only WR to garner any RZ looks (3).

MIN

C. Patterson - 78% - 5 - 0

G. Jennings - 76% - 7 -1

J. Wright - 36% - 3 - 0

MIN didn't have to do much passing in this game but it's still interesting to note that Jennings lead the team in receiving yards/targets and drew the only RZ target (in which he converted) next to Rudolph. Those who grabbed him as a WR4/5 are going to be extremely happy with their bye-week replacement, especially in PPR.

STL

B. Quick - 69% - 9 - 0

K. Britt - 61% - 3 - 0

T. Austin - 43% - 3 - 0

C. Given - 30% - 3 - 0

Quick emerged, catching 7 of his 9 targets, doing a lot of his work across the middle of the field. Britt failed to secure any of his 3 targets and will likely be dropped by everyone everywhere. Cook and Quick will likely be the only fantasy relevant pass catchers in this offense going forward.

PIT

A. Brown - 100% - 6 - 0

M. Wheaton - 92% - 7 - 1

J. Brown - 77% - 4 - 2

It would seem as if PIT lined up three wide quite often last week, a great sign for Big Ben owners moving forward. Despite preseason concerns, Wheaton emerged and is indeed on the same page with his QB (caught 6 of 7 targets). I believe it's going to be hard to sit him this year if he continues to garner this much playing time/targets. Another interesting thing to note. J. Brown, the only WR over six foot, lead the team in RZ targets. This was brought to my attention in the Heath Miller thread, and if this does continue I do not like Miller's prospects as much going forward.

OAK

R. Streater - 98% - 7 - 1

D. Moore - 90% - 8 - 0

J. Jones - 53% - 3 - 1

Given the stat lines, I think many would be surprised to find that Jones only played on 53% of the snaps and that Moore saw the most targets on the day. Moore, by all accounts, had a bad (inefficient, only caught 2 balls) day but this is something to monitor going forward. Streater is still the OAK WR to own but if Moore continues to see this much play/targets (up in the air after last week's performance) he has the ability to put up legitimate numbers. I'll be keeping an eye on how Moore/Jones split snaps going forward.

CHI

B. Marshall - 93% - 11 - 2

A. Jeffry - 68% - 3 - 0

J. Morgan - 49% - 3 - 0

S. Holmes - 38% - 5 - ?

I'm doing this to highlight Holmes (for some reason can't find his RZ targets but I'm going to assume it's 0). After Jeffry went down, Morgan and Holmes found themselves taking on expanded roles and Holmes caught my eye. He saw more targets than Morgan on fewer snaps, so I think it's fair to assume that's he's Cutler's preferred third WR in this offense. If Jeffry's hamstring issue lingers/causes him to miss time, I think Holmes could hold legit flex value in plus match-ups. He may be worth looking at in deeper leagues.

TEN

N. Washington - 95% - 5 - 0

K. Wright - 78% - 7 - 1

J. Hunter - 66% - 8 - 1

Washington, who has become perennial WW fools gold isn't going anywhere, but that's okay. Hunter owners should be quite happy, as the opportunity and looks are likely here to stay. He was the most targeted WR on the day and with him seeing 2/3rd of the offensive snaps, I think he's going to make for a high upside flex start moving forward (especially vs. DAL this week). It was also good to see Wright see a RZ look (in which he converted) as his scoring potential (or lack thereof) was one of his biggest knocks heading into the season. All in all, this pass offense looks to be potent for as long as Locker remains upright.

NE

J. Edelman - 97% - 8 -1

D. Amendola - 71% - 5 - 0

K. Thompkins - 53% - 10 - 1

B. Lafell - 45% - 6 - 0

Edelman was super efficient and effective last week but you already knew that. What I'm more interested in is how ineffective Thompkins and Lafell were on their 16 total targets. Thompkins caught 5 of his 10 targets for 37 yards and Lafell caught zero. IMO, the door is wide open for Dobson once he gets back into game shape. Until then, do not trust anyone outside of Edelman/Gronk.

:thumbup:

Thanks for doing this.

Are you planning to do all teams or just a select few each week?

Thanks for doing this.

I'll likely update the OP some more before the Sunday games kick-off but it likely won't encompass all 32 teams. I'm primarily doing this to find the this year's Keenan Allen/Terrence Williams and etc. so the focus will mostly be on late round fliers and no-names.

Thanks for doing this.

I'll likely update the OP some more before the Sunday games kick-off but it likely won't encompass all 32 teams. I'm primarily doing this to find the this year's Keenan Allen/Terrence Williams and etc. so the focus will mostly be on late round fliers and no-names.
Cool. Jarret Boykin comes to mind with no TE to speak of in GB and Jordy/Cobb are not exactly pictures of health either.

Thanks for doing this.

Cool.Jarret Boykin comes to mind with no TE to speak of in GB and Jordy/Cobb are not exactly pictures of health either.
Agreed, he still saw ~80% of offensive snaps vs. SEA. If anyone dropped him after GB sacrificed him to Sherman I would be looking to acquire him as a bye-week fill in. And yeah, if Jordy/Cobb ever go down he'd be an auto start every week.

I also find this important and I don't know if you just want this to be for WR, but here are a few RB snap counts that stood out to me, along with carries and targets.

PIT

Bell - 57 / 21 / 7

Archer - 13 / 1 / 1

Blount - 6 / 4 / 1

STL

Stacy - 31

Cunningham - 33

NE

Vereen - 61 / 7 / 7

Ridley - 22 / 8 / 2

Bolden - 9 / 2 / 2

SD

Woodhead - 30 / 6 / 1

Brown - 11 / 2 / 0

Mathews - 23 / 12 / 2

Last edited by a moderator:
All help is very much appreciated and I'd like to include as many positions as possible. Last year's included RBs, I remember the SD and NO situations being a headache haha.

I also find this important and I don't know if you just want this to be for WR, but here are a few RB snap counts that stood out to me. I can add utilization later.
New Orleans

Thomas - 34 - 7 rushes, 7 targets

Ingram - 20 - 13 rushes, 1 target

Robinson - 12 - 6 rushes, 1 target

Cadet - 12 - 1 target

Eagles:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/09/eagles_snap_counts_brandon_boykin_rides_the_bench_in_win_over_jaguars.html

Offense: (87 snaps)
Quarterback:
Nick Foles: 87

Offensive line:
Jason Peters: 87
Jason Kelce: 87
Todd Herremans: 87
Andrew Gardner: 59
David Molk: 54
Allen Barbre: 33
Evan Mathis: 28

Tight end:
Brent Celek: 59
Zach Ertz: 52
James Casey: 5

Running backs:
LeSean McCoy: 58
Darren Sproles: 33

Receivers:
Jeremy Maclin: 80
Riley Cooper: 78
Jordan Matthews: 57
Jeff Maehl: 10
Brad Smith: 2

Defense: (73 snaps)
Defensive line:
Fletcher Cox: 52
Bennie Logan: 44
Cedric Thornton: 38
VInny Curry: 26
Beau Allen: 19
Brandon Bair: 16

Linebackers:
Mychal Kendricks: 73
DeMeco Ryans: 71
Connor Barwin: 65
Trent Cole: 56
Brandon Graham: 25

Safeties:
Malcolm Jenkins: 73
Nate Allen: 64
Earl Wolff: 9

Cornerbacks:
Cary Williams: 73
Bradley Fletcher: 62
Brandon Boykin: 23
Nolan Carroll: 13

I also find this important and I don't know if you just want this to be for WR, but here are a few RB snap counts that stood out to me. I can add utilization later.
New Orleans

Cadet - 12 - 1 target
I thought about putting that one in there, but it is always such a nightmare, that I didn't even want to discuss it . . .

I'm wondering if Sproles will be a legit option moving forward. Given the volume vs. amount of snaps seems unlikely. I'm already hard up on RB's though after botching my middle rounds on Ridley/Richardson then trying to compensate it trading for Martin. I still have some faith in Martin turning it around but I'm about to pull the trigger on a McCoy/Sproles combo this week.

I also find this important and I don't know if you just want this to be for WR, but here are a few RB snap counts that stood out to me, along with carries and targets.

STL

Stacy - 31

Cunningham - 33
Interesting
Very.

Cunningham - 46% - 5 rushes 4 targets

Stacy - 45% - 11 rushes 2 targets

This was in a game where they found themselves behind rather quickly however. As a Cunningham owner in several leagues, I'm afraid this sort of looks like his ceiling as far as utilization goes. I'd have to imagine Stacy would get the rock more so in closer games as the grinder. Looking at the play by play, Cunningham didn't get his first touches until the 2nd quarter and got a majority of his touches in the 4th.

STL

Stacy - 31

Cunningham - 33
Interesting
Very.

Cunningham - 46% - 5 rushes 4 targets

Stacy - 45% - 11 rushes 2 targets

This was in a game where they found themselves behind rather quickly however. As a Cunningham owner in several leagues, I'm afraid this sort of looks like his ceiling as far as utilization goes. I'd have to imagine Stacy would get the rock more so in closer games as the grinder. Looking at the play by play, Cunningham didn't get his first touches until the 2nd quarter and got a majority of his touches in the 4th.
I think there may be some cycles to be played out here. Remember that when Stacy took over for Richardson last year, Bradford was still the QB. They felt they needed a steady and more forceful compliment in the run game instead of a scat back. With reports from STL indicating some level of flux with the STL RB situation and having to make do with scraps at QB, perhaps TPTB will determine a different formula is required for this years team.

Indy

Wayne in on 93% of snaps, Hilton 89% and Nicks 76%

Fleener 66%, Allen 51%

Bradshaw 59%, T Rich 39%

The bolded ones surprised me.

New Orleans

Cadet - 12 - 1 target
I want to drill-down on this vis-a-vis WR Brandon Cooks role in the offense.

Cooks had 7 receptions and 1 carry in the game, very nice debut and it appeared he had taken over the Darren Sproles role in the Saints offense but it seemed they began by alternating series with Cooks and Thomas in that 3rd down pass catching role and then mixed it up.

Here is the play-by-play of the game for how these players were used:

1st QUARTER 1st SERIES

(14:38) D.Brees pass deep middle to B.Cooks to ATL 43 for 32 yards (D.Trufant).

(13:26) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short right to B.Cooks pushed ob at ATL 35 for 2 yards (D.Lowery).

(11:18) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short left to B.Cooks to ATL 13 for 14 yards (P.Worrilow).

2nd SERIES

(8:38) (Shotgun) P.Thomas left tackle to NO 41 for 2 yards (K.Biermann).

(7:27) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short right to P.Thomas to 50 for 8 yards (P.Worrilow).

(4:57) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short middle to P.Thomas

2nd QUARTER 1st SERIES

(15:00) B.Cooks left end to ATL 39 for 18 yards (D.Lowery).

(12:30) D.Brees pass short middle to B.Cooks to ATL 2 for 9 yards (R.McClain).

2nd quarter 2nd SERIES

(4:06) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short right to B.Cooks pushed ob at NO 28 for 8 yards (W.Moore).

(2:19) D.Brees pass short left to P.Thomas to NO 46 for 6 yards (D.Lowery; P.Worrilow).

(2:00) (Shotgun) P.Thomas right tackle to ATL 41 for 13 yards (D.Lowery).

(1:23) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass incomplete short right to B.Cooks. PENALTY on ATL-R.McClain, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at ATL 29 - No Play.

(1:19) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short right to P.Thomas to ATL 13 for 11 yards (D.Lowery; K.Biermann).

TD Brandin Cooks Pass From Drew Brees for 3 Yrds , Shayne Graham Made Ex. Pt

3rd QUARTER 1st SERIES

(8:02) (Shotgun) P.Thomas left end to NO 43 for 2 yards (T.Jackson; J.Bartu).

3rd quarter 2nd SERIES

(4:23) P.Thomas right end to ATL 16 for 1 yard (P.Worrilow; J.Babineaux).

(3:43) D.Brees pass short middle to P.Thomas to ATL 14 for 2 yards (P.Worrilow).

(3:01) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short right intended for B.Cooks INTERCEPTED by R.McClain at ATL 0. Touchback.

2nd SERIES

only two snaps before end of quarter.

4th QUARTER 1st SERIES

(13:02) (Shotgun) P.Thomas left guard to NO 43 for 4 yards (J.Bartu; D.Lowery).

(12:24) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short middle to B.Cooks to ATL 48 for 9 yards (R.McClain).

(10:56) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short left to P.Thomas to ATL 27 for 19 yards (W.Moore).

4th quarter 2nd SERIES

no touches for either

4th quarter 3rd SERIES

(2:16) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short left to P.Thomas to NO 46 for 12 yards (P.Worrilow).

(2:00) P.Thomas left end pushed ob at ATL 49 for 5 yards (O.Umenyiora).

(1:38) (Shotgun) P.Thomas left tackle to ATL 1 for 4 yards (O.Umenyiora).

NFL replayed the game and it seemed to me that Cooks vanished late in the game and the play-by-play backs that up and it seemed to me that Pierre Thomas took over the Sproles third down pass catcher role and the play-by-play shows they may have begun by alternating things but later in the game, when things got tight they went with the veteran player.

Interesting to see it broken down this way to try and understand why Cooks was absent late in the game and who took over the Sproles role but that when Brandin has some more experience under his belt he might be the go-to guy when games are tight.

Interesting to see it broken down this way to try and understand why Cooks was absent late in the game and who took over the Sproles role but that when Brandin has some more experience under his belt he might be the go-to guy when games are tight.
I felt all offseason that the rosy expectations for Thomas to take over the Sproles role would be hindered by Cooks. Game one certainly seems to support the notion. Will have to keep an eye on this dynamic.

I'd love to see RB snaps in Carolina if anyone has those handy. Didn't get a chance to watch the game.

I'd love to see RB snaps in Carolina if anyone has those handy. Didn't get a chance to watch the game.
M. Tolbert - 47% - 7 rushes - 4 targets (1 RZ target)

D. Williams - 37% - 14 rushes - 1 target

J. Stewart - 35% - 9 rushes - 3 targets (1 RZ target)

Complete cluster#### per usual but DWills didn't practice today and is likely questionable for Sunday.

New Orleans

Cadet - 12 - 1 target

Cooks had 7 receptions and 1 carry in the game, very nice debut and it appeared he had taken over the Darren Sproles role in the Saints offense but it seemed they began by alternating series with Cooks and Thomas in that 3rd down pass catching role and then mixed it up.
Is this even true? I hear it stated all the time, but I've always been skeptical. Sproles allowed them to start a formation with a single back and then motion him into the slot if they wanted to. How often did Cooks actually line up in the backfield??

I didn't watch the game so I really don't know. I've just always doubted that Cooks was going to become the next Sproles. He could become a popular option from the slot, but that doesn't make him Sproles.

FWIW, Sproles averaged about 3 carries and 6 targets per game last year.

SD

Woodhead - 30

Brown - 11

Mathews - 23
This actually surprised me. Woodhead played 30 snaps but only touched the ball 6 times, while Mathews played 23 and touched it on 14 of them.
When Mathews has been on the field, he generally stand a greater than 50% chance to handle the ball. Consider that in 2013 he finished 28th amongst RB's in snaps played, but 7th in touches.
Good info. Thanks.

New Orleans

Cadet - 12 - 1 target

Is this even true? I hear it stated all the time, but I've always been skeptical. Sproles allowed them to start a formation with a single back and then motion him into the slot if they wanted to. How often did Cooks actually line up in the backfield??

I didn't watch the game so I really don't know. I've just always doubted that Cooks was going to become the next Sproles. He could become a popular option from the slot, but that doesn't make him Sproles.

I always took people saying that Cooks would replaces Sproles role as meaning he would get those targets not that he'd take his exact place in certain plays. I think Payton is too creative on offense to force a player into a role, but rather instead of having plays designed to get Sproles the ball in space, he'd create plays to get Cooks the ball in space.

New Orleans

Cadet - 12 - 1 target

I always took people saying that Cooks would replaces Sproles role as meaning he would get those targets not that he'd take his exact place in certain plays. I think Payton is too creative on offense to force a player into a role, but rather instead of having plays designed to get Sproles the ball in space, he'd create plays to get Cooks the ball in space.
Yeah, that was my understanding too.

I don't think Payton ever plans to line-up Brandin Cooks in a power-I pro-set anytime or have him taking on blitzing defenders but that he 'might' see the 'occasional' end around like he did once in the opener.

What I saw, was Pierre taking the wheel later in the game but when I poked thru the numbers I realized the game got tight and it made sense for Payton to plug in the vet and sit his rookie. At least that was my take but we'll see how it plays out going forward.

To me it seemed like Cooks took over Moore's place in the offense. Not concerned about his lack of numbers in the 2nd half at all, he was in the game plenty.

I'm going to do WRs today, RBs tomorrow and possibly TEs by themselves at some point in the week.

* Name - Snap % - Targets/Utilization - Red Zone Targets

Week 2 WRs

ARI

L. Fitzgerald - 81% - 10 - 3

M. Floyd - 76% - 6 - 0

J.Brown - 49% - 4 - 0

Stanton is in and Palmer's week 3 status is in doubt. He locked onto Fitz, likely leaning on his experience to move the chains. IMO Stanton hurts Floyd as he seems less likely to take advantage of Floyd's field stretching ability. Brown is off the radar.

ATL

R. White - 100% - 7 - 0

J. Jones - 99% - 13 - 2

H. Douglas - 76% - 8 - 0

D. Hester - 25% - 1 - 0

Douglas continues to see a healthy amount of playing time and targets. Hester, as I previously mentioned, won't be able to sustain production on such a small percentage of offensive snaps.

BAL

T. Smith - 69% - 3 - 1

S. Smith - 66% - 8 - 6

J. Jones - 41% - 1 - 0

That's not a typo, S. Smith Sr. drew 6 red zone targets vs. PIT. He also has 22 targets on the season to T. Smith's 10. Factor in Pitta and T. Smith is looking like the 3rd receiving option on an underwhelming pass attack. I still think he'll fair better (possible buy low) as the season progresses but I do not foresee a break out year.

BUF

R. Woods - 88% - 3 - 1

S. Watkins - 85% - 11 - 3

M. Williams - 44% - 3 - ?

Woods is still playing in front of Williams but will forever be held back by BUF's strategy and his own QB's limitations. Watkins emerged and essentially put BUF on his back vs. MIA. It looks like Watkins's talent may be able to overcome his situation.

CAR

K. Benjamin - 88% - 8 - 1

J. Cotchery - 88% - 4 - 1

J. Avant - 60% - 7 - 1

Despite the 8 targets, Benjamin finished with a 2/46 stat line. He'll continue to be heavily targeted by Cam moving forward but this week was just a reminder that he's still a rookie. He'll hit his floor this season more than his owners would like but his ceiling is still incredibly high. I don't want to lean on either Cotchery or Avant unless I'm desperate, but if forced I'll still take the guy seeing the most offensive snaps.

CHI

B. Marshall - 97% - 8 - 3

A. Jeffry - 90% - 6 - 0

S. Holmes - 73% - 2 - ?

Jeffry was more so hobbled by his bum hammy than Marshall was by his bum ankle. Holmes saw an increase in snaps but not in targets. He's still 5th in line for targets and would still only be valuable in the event of an injury to those in front of him.

CIN

M. Sanu - 99% - 4 - 2

B. Tate - 88% - 3 - 0

D. Sanzenbacher - 49% - 4 - 2

Green went out with a toe injury and the severity of the injury is YTD. None of the these dudes garnered many targets as CIN leaned hard on the run game with their stud WR out (Gio had 27 rushes, Hill had 15). Still, there's likely some value here. Sanu is a very versatile threat, as CIN has no problem letting him run, catch and even pass the ball. Hilariously, Tate's lone catch on the day last week came on a 50 yard bomb by Sanu. If Green doesn't go next week, he (Sanu) makes for an intriguing start at home vs. TEN.

CLE

A. Hawkins - 84% - 12 - 1

A. Miles - 69% - 10 - 1

T. Gabriel - 67% - 4 - 0

Hawkins has become a legitimate asset to CLE and a legitimate PPR threat (22 targets on the year). Miles was more involved vs. NO but we have to keep in mind that Jordan Cameron sat. Miles's target totals look more like an aberration (3 targets last week) than the norm.

DAL

D. Bryant - 75% - 14 - 2

T. Williams - 75% - 4 - 2

C. Beasely - 45% - 1 - 0

Bryant went back to dominating targets this week even after a shoulder injury scare towards the beginning of the game. Williams's targets and stat line (2/20) remind us why he is a feast or famine type player. He's still third in line in targets but also DAL has shown a proclivity to run this year, even in the face of large deficits. Because of this, it's hard to even call Williams match-up dependent; he's more so TD dependent (leads the team in RZ targets with 4).

DEN

E. Sanders - 98% - 10 (1 rush) - 1

D. Thomas - 92% - 7 - 1

A. Caldwell - 10% - 1 - 0

Even if it's by a marginal amount, this is the second week in a row that Sanders has lead the team in snaps. Much like last year, I think DEN will still be able to support four mouths once Welker returns from his suspension.

DET

G. Tate - 92% - 8 - 0

C. Johnson - 86% - 13 - 0

J. Ross - 62% - 3 - 0

Tate's an ####### but looks like an every week PPR starter in redraft unless your team is stacked.

GB

J. Nelson - 97% - 15 - 3

R. Cobb - 94% - 8 (2 rushes) - 3

D. Adams - 51% - 6 - 0

J. Boykin - 48% - 3 - 2

Nelson is on pace to see an absurd amount of targets. GB's defense is so bad that although his unsustainable pace is unlikely to be reached, he'll continue to see a high volume of targets for the rest of the season. Cobb continues to see a lot of RZ targets (tied with Jordy with 5). Despite is small-ish stature he's proven through-out his career to be a potent RZ threat. Adams looks to be making a move on Boykin. Adams secured 5 of his 50 targets and came up with some clutch catches. Adams is the greater talent and will likely be rostered in all leagues once WWs have processed this week.

HOU

D. Hopkins - 96% - 5 - 2

A. Johnson - 86% - 7 - 2

HOU didn't have to pass much vs. OAK in a blowout. This was the first time either were targeted in the RZ and they split evenly.

IND

R. Wayne - 81% - 6 - 1

T. Hilton - 68% - 11 - 0

H. Nicks - 40% - 3 - 1

It may be just me (I'd actually like some confirmation) but Wayne looked like he was laboring last night. He was having trouble gaining separation and as a result only caught 3 of his 6 targets for 28 yards. Hilton came on in the second half, and ended up leading the team in targets. He's known as a big play threat but it also looks like IND is interested in getting him involved with screens underneath. Nicks is an afterthought and will only be relevant on the days he secures a TD.

JAC

A. Hurns - 96% - 6 - 0

M. Lee - 74% - 4 - 0

A. Robinson - 60% - 6 - 1

Henne looks like Henne, the OL is comically awful and the WR corps feels like a revolving door of uncertainty with each injured to some extent (including Shorts who is at least due back this week) or lacking experience.

KC

D. Bowe - 84% - 6 - 1

D. Avery - 72% - 6 - 3

Bowe's situation hasn't changed from last year. He still looks sluggish and Smith is still hesitant to challenge defenses down field. Avery turned his 6 targets and 3 red zone targets into 14 yards. The loss of Charles only further hurts their cases as they'll struggle to keep defenses honest.

MIA

M. Wallace - 81% - 8 - 1

B. Hartline - 73% - 8 - 0

J. Landry - 54% - 6 - 1

B. Gibson - 51% - 4 - 1

Wallace is thriving in Lazor's offensive and has now scored in back-to-back weeks as Tannehill's favorite target. Hartline wasn't able to do much with his 8 targets (5/34) and remains a low-ceiling PPR option. Landry is beginning to move ahead of Gibson and figures to be a permanent fixture in the slot moving forward.

MIN

C. Patterson - 91% - 7 - 0

G. Jennings - 85% - 4 - 1

J. Wright - 56% - 3 - 1

MIN's pass game struggled mightily vs. NE. Although Patterson lead the team in targets and improved upon his target totals from last week, you still get the feeling that he's being underutilized. He also didn't receive a single carry out of the backfield. Jennings was only able to muster 1 catch, but as a plus Cassel still seems to be looking towards him the the RZ. All in all, I think the loss of AP adversely affected the team in pretty much all aspects last week.

NE

J. Edelman - 77% - 7 - 2

B. Lafell - 55% - 0 - 0

A. Dobson - 48% - 2 - 0

D. Amendola - 28% - 1 - 0

NE is such a funny team, even their WRs are super unpredictable. Thompkins was inactive (with good reason). Amendola went from seeing the second most offensive snaps to the fourth, he's droppable. Lafell saw the second most this week but didn't garner a single target. Dobson is starting to catch on but we'll need to see more from him before he's even remotely startable. Edelman is still the only WR you can trust, he's been outstanding.

NO

B. Cooks - 79% - 8 (2 rushes) - 0

M. Colston - 59% - 0 - 0

R. Meachum - 41% - 5 - 3

K. Stills - 41% - 4 - 1

It was an odd day for Brees and subsequently the entire NO passing offense (even Graham didn't register his first catch until late in the first half). Cooks came back down to earth production wise, but his snaps/targets and usage out of the backfield are still encouraging going forward (buy low?). Colston didn't draw a single target, I won't even begin to try and explain that away. Stills was active for the first time which only helped to further muddle the situation.

NYG

V. Cruz - 97% - 10 - 1

R. Randle - 93% - 7 - 1

J. Jernigan - 79% - 4 - 1

Cruz only managed to secure half his targets in this game and now has five drops on the season. Eli has been under fire but Cruz specifically hasn't been helping him out at all. Randle finally got on the same page with Eli to some extent but I feel like this entire passing offense is going to be up and down all season. As a plus for Cruz and Randle, Jernigan was recently put on IR which should help keep their volume up moving forward.

NYJ

D. Nelson - 86% - 1 - 0

J. Kerley - 63% - 8 - 1

E. Decker - 62% - 7 - 0

Decker left the game with a hammy injury giving Kerely some extra opportunity. He still didn't do a whole lot on those 8 targets (the TD called back by a timeout aside) but someone is going to have to catch balls on this offense moving forward. I like him as an option in deep PPR leagues for as long as Decker is out. Nelson's best attribute is blocking.

OAK

J. Jones - 74% - 14 - 4

D. Moore - 73% - 5 - 1

A. Holmes - 53% - 7 - 1

R. Streater - 27% - 3 - 0

A week after Jones saw just a little over 50% of the offensive snaps he finds himself leading the pack. He also dominated targets and RZ looks. This is the type of usage owners want to see. Streater went out with a hip flexor which made room for Holmes. If Streater is to miss time I like Holmes more than Moore but realistically would never roster either. This offense is putrid.

PHI

R. Cooper - 88% - 3 - 1

J. Maclin - 84% - 11 - 3

J. Mathews - 50% - 4 - 1

Maclin, who now has 22 targets on the season, is going to be an absolute steal at his ADP if he stays healthy. Cooper is realistically 5th in line for targets, his production will be erratic. Mathews is probably going to need a slew of injuries to be truly relevant.

PIT

M. Wheaton - 98% - 10 (2 rushes) - 0

J. Brown - 93% - 4 - 1

A. Brown - 88% - 14 (2 rushes) - 2

Brown's snap percentage would likely be near 100% if it weren't for the concussion scare. Wheaton wasn't as productive this week but the snaps and usage are still extremely encouraging.

SD

K. Allen - 96% - 6 - 2

M. Floyd - 87% - 1 - 0

E. Royal - 70% - 10 - 0

Better days are ahead for Allen after two rough match-ups, I think he's a great buy low candidate. So much for Floyd's huge camp. Royal is a #### tease, Rivers likes the spread the rock.

SEA

D. Baldwin - 92% - 6 - 1

J. Kearse - 88% - 4 - 0

P. Harvin - 62% - 3 (2 rushes) - 0

SD dominated TOP so an already low volume passing attack was even lower this week. Harvin's snap percentage wasn't alarming but his usage was. I think it likely had to do something with his fumble and the game state. I'd expect more next week vs. DEN.

SF

A. Boldin - 96% - 6 - 2

M. Crabtree - 85% - 8 - 3

S. Johnson - 48% - 3 - 1

After being hampered by a calf injury last week and playing on less snaps, Crabtree bounced back in a rather big way. He secured 7 of his 8 targets (one for a touchdown) and looked to be on the same page with Kaep all night. Boldin had an off night, but with Vernon Davis hurting, I'm expecting Kaep to lean even more on both Crabtree and Boldin moving forward.

STL

B. Quick - 82% - 9 - 0

I'm only listing Quick because he's truly the only relevant pass catcher save Cook on this offense. Britt is a bum and Austin suffered a (knee?) injury last week. Keep tabs on Stedman Baily who may be eligible to play as soon as this week.

TB

V. Jackson - 100% - 7 - 1

M. Evans - 89% - 4 - 1

The targets are still there for VJax and I feel as if he'll break out with a big game soon. McCown isn't playing well but VJax was very productive with Freeman under center, he should be fine.

TEN

N. Washington - 94% - 6 - 2

K. Wright - 86% - 5 - 0

J. Hunter - 84% - 6 - 1

The fact that Locker couldn't fully exploit the DAL match-up has to be alarming. Neither of the above WRs could capitalize on their targets, securing a meager 6 catches between the lot of them. I'm not going to lie, that game just left me confused and I've subsequently lost some faith in this passing offense.

hey same song, any chance you can post the Celek v Ertz for philly? I know you just concentrate on WR but that would be interesting to see as well

I appreciate the work, but I noticed a small typo and it made me giggle

Despite is small-ish stature he's proven through-out his career to be a potent RZ threat. Adams looks to be making a move on Boykin. Adams secured 5 of his 50 targets and came up with some clutch catches.

Keep up the good work, and I only point this out because it made me laugh that a guy is over taking another guy by catching 5 of 50 targets :lol:

hey same song, any chance you can post the Celek v Ertz for philly? I know you just concentrate on WR but that would be interesting to see as well
Sure.

Ertz - 76% - 6 - 0

Celek - 68% - 1 - 1

I find it funny how Ertz is a deep ball threat.

I appreciate the work, but I noticed a small typo and it made me giggle

Despite is small-ish stature he's proven through-out his career to be a potent RZ threat. Adams looks to be making a move on Boykin. Adams secured 5 of his 50 targets and came up with some clutch catches.

Keep up the good work, and I only point this out because it made me laugh that a guy is over taking another guy by catching 5 of 50 targets :lol:
:lmao: I'm leaving it.

After doing the WRs this week I felt obligated to grab Adams in several leagues. I'm getting a Terrence Williams vibe from last year except Adams is more talented than Williams and Rodgers is more talented than Romo. Does any other WW option's snap, usage, situation and opportunity stick out nearly as much?

I'm wondering if Sproles will be a legit option moving forward. Given the volume vs. amount of snaps seems unlikely. I'm already hard up on RB's though after botching my middle rounds on Ridley/Richardson then trying to compensate it trading for Martin. I still have some faith in Martin turning it around but I'm about to pull the trigger on a McCoy/Sproles combo this week.
Any further numbers from this week? Per further up last week it was 58 McCoy / 33 Sproles.

SD

Woodhead - 30

Brown - 11

Mathews - 23
This actually surprised me. Woodhead played 30 snaps but only touched the ball 6 times, while Mathews played 23 and touched it on 14 of them.
When Mathews has been on the field, he generally stand a greater than 50% chance to handle the ball. Consider that in 2013 he finished 28th amongst RB's in snaps played, but 7th in touches.
I ran the numbers on him last year, and Mathews had some ABSURD usage numbers. Nobody in the league got the ball a higher percentage of the time when they were on the field than Ryan Mathews, and it wasn't even remotely close.

Last year, 60.8% of Mathews' snaps were run plays and an extra 6.9% were targets, meaning more than two thirds of the time Ryan was on the field, he was getting the ball. He actually played fewer snaps than Danny Woodhead, but still ranked 4th in the NFL in rush attempts. FOURTH!

I'm really curious to see what San Diego does without him in the coming weeks. Do they just drop Donald Brown into that super-predictable Ryan Mathews role? Or do they try to change things up a bit from time to time? So far this year, San Diego has run 54% of the time when Mathews is on the field and 21% of the time when Woodhead is on the field. Are they just going to stop running for the next four weeks? (For what it's worth, they've run 32% of the time with Donald Brown through two weeks.)

After doing the WRs this week I felt obligated to grab Adams in several leagues. I'm getting a Terrence Williams vibe from last year except Adams is more talented than Williams and Rodgers is more talented than Romo. Does any other WW option's snap, usage, situation and opportunity stick out nearly as much?
yeah, I got him in a keeper, but in straight redraft I'd be tempering my expectations.

he's still a rookie, and still the 3rd receiver without much chance of passing cobb, and he just got done victimizing antonio allen,et al.

yeah, I got him in a keeper, but in straight redraft I'd be tempering my expectations.

he's still a rookie, and still the 3rd receiver without much chance of passing cobb, and he just got done victimizing antonio allen,et al.
Not that long ago Cobb was behind Jennings, Nelson, Driver and Finley for targets. It can change quickly.

Not that long ago Cobb was behind Jennings, Nelson, Driver and Finley for targets. It can change quickly.
yeah, it changed in cobb's 2nd year

My expectations are tempered. I'm not expecting him to jump in and pull a Keenan Allen (he's also not as polished of a route runner) but there's still a lot to like. GB's defense is quite bad, Rodgers is Rodgers and there aren't that many mouths to feed in the offense. I mean, Adams only has a little over a half of game play under his belt and he's already tied for 3rd in targets (6 with Lacy and Boykin and Quareless) and 3rd in receiving yards. It's really just been the Jordy show in between the 20s and the Cobb show in the RZ. Anyway, Rodgers targeted Adams when it mattered and he came up clutch. I don't know, I see talent and opportunity and I get excited.

yeah, it changed in cobb's 2nd year
Yup and all it took was Jennings and Nelson getting hurt and Driver getting old.

Yeah, well, if you're banking on cobb and jordy getting hurt then i like him more in redraft.

Let me know who else is going downso i can get their third and 4th guys

Any further numbers from this week? Per further up last week it was 58 McCoy / 33 Sproles.
McCoy - 50 snaps / 20 carries / 4 targets

Sproles - 24 snaps / 4 carries / 7 targets

Both caught all targets.

So pretty much 2-1 for McCoy across the board.

Week 2 RBs

ARI

A. Ellington - 43% - 18 (3 targets)

J. Dwyer - 34% - 9

R. Hughs - 18% - 2 (1 target)

S. Taylor - 3% - 0

ATL

S. Jackson - 37% - 12 (1 target)

J. Rodgers - 31% - 6 (1 target)

A. Smith - 19% - 4 (4 targets)

D. Freeman - 15% - 4 (4 targets)

BAL

B. Pierce - 56% - 24 (2 targets)

J. Forsett - 41% - 12 (4 targets)

BUF

F. Jackson - 53% - 16 (4 targets)

C. Spiller - 42% - 13 (1 target)

A. Dixon - 5% - 2

CAR

J. Stewart - 66% - 16 (1 target)

M. Tolbert - 40% - 8 (4 targets)

CHI

M. Forte - 98% - 20 (8 targets)

CIN

G. Bernard - 63% - 33 (6 targets)

J. Hill - 42% - 17 (2 targets)

CLE

T. West - 63% - 21 (2 targets)

I. Crowell - 37% - 12 (1 target)

DAL

D. Murray - 70% - 31 (2 targets)

L. Dunbar - 24% - 11

J. Randle - 9% - 3

DEN

M. Ball - 76% - 15 (3 targets)

C. Anderson - 24% - 5

DET

J. Bell - 58% - 21 (11 targets)

R. Bush - 40% - 9 (3 targets)

T. Riddick - 3% - 1

GB

E. Lacy - 77% - 16 (3 targets)

D. Harris - 11% - 2 (2 targets)

J. Starks - 6% - 0

HOU

A. Foster - 70% - 31 (3 targets)

A. Blue - 18% - 11

J. Grimes - 8% - 3

R. Brown - 4% - 3

IND

A. Bradshaw - 61% - 18 (5 targets)

T. Richardson - 42% - 22 (1 target)

JAC

T. Gerhart - 70% - 9 (2) <- :lmao: JAC is a complete joke of a team

D. Robinson - 12% - 2

KC

K. Davis - 78% - 31 (9 targets)

C. Gray - 16% - 2

J. Charles - 5% - 3 (1 target)

MIA

L. Miller - 66% - 16 (5 targets)

D. Williams - 22% - 5

D. Orleans - 11% - 3 (3 targets)

K. Moreno - 3% - 1

MIN

M. Asiata - 68% - 20 (7 targets)

J. McKinnon - 32% - 5 (3 targets)

J. Banyard - 2% - 0

NE

S. Ridley - 55% - 25

S. Vereen - 29% - 8 (2 targets)

B. Bolden - 15% - 4

NO

P. Thomas - 37% - 6 (3 targets)

M. Ingram - 29% - 15 (4 targets)

K. Robinson - 20% - 8

T. Cadet - 16% - 0

NYG

R. Jennings - 76% - 22 (4 targets)

A. Williams - 26% - 12 (4 targets)

NYJ

C. Johnson - 38% - 15 (3 targets)

C. Ivory - 38% - 14 (1 target)

B. Powell - 24% - 6 (2 targets)

OAK

D. McFadden - 69% - 15 (3 targets)

L. Murray - 32% - 1

J. Olawale - 10% - 0

PHI

L. McCoy - 72% - 25 (5 targets)

D. Sproles - 37% - 11 (7 targets)

PIT

L. Bell - 86% - 16 (5 targets)

L. Blount - 14% - 4 (1 target)

SD

D. Woodhead - 48% - 13 (5 targets)

D. Brown - 28% - 11 (4 targets)

R. Mathews - 28% - 13 (2 targets)

SEA

M. Lynch - 60% - 10 (4 targets)

R. Turbin - 30% - 4 (2 targets)

SF

F. Gore - 69% - 15 (2 targets)

C. Hyde - 30% - 6 (2 targets)

STL

Z. Stacey - 66% - 19

B. Cunningham - 30% 8 (2 targets)

TB

B. Rainey - 81% - 25 (3 targets)

M. James - 18% - 6

TEN

D. McCluster - 67% 7 (3 targets)

S. Greene - 16% - 5

J. Battle - 10% - 0

L. Washington - 8% - 0

B. Sankey - 8% - 2

WAS

A. Morris - 55% - 22

R. Helu - 35% - 2 (2 targets)

S. Redd - 9% - 8

Pretty surprised by Ellington and Morris there, not as much as I would have thought.

Lacy should be killing it with that usage.
58% for ALMO week 1. It's actually extremely odd, especially considering how productive he's been on his touches. I also heard that WAS brought in M. Bush to work out. Either something is up with him or Gruden is an idiot.

ETA: nvm, thought that 22 touch total was a 12. Still interesting how much their projecting what they're going to do with him when he's in game. Reminds me of Mathews.

Users who are viewing this thread