What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desperation QB Thread (1 Viewer)

93_Confirmed

Footballguy
Anyone else in a dire QB situation and looking for immediate help? I'm in a deep league with very thin waivers and just lost RGIII for the year. What do you guys think about QBs like Flacco, Geno, Glennon, etc.

• It sounds like McCown will miss a few weeks and Glennon will be taking over. Any thoughts on his value ROS?
  • Geno is currently ranked 12th overall in FFPC/FPC and averaging around 20 points. How do you guys like him ROS?
  • Flacco has great weapons in that offense but is always a meddling QB2. He's currently ranked 13th in FFPC/FPC scoring. ROS thougths?
Anyone else come to mind as possibly creeping into the QB1 conversation? Perhaps Bortles and Bridgewater after they take the reigns?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd roll with Flacco in that group. He was consistently a high end QB2 until last years disastrous season. A proven offensive coordinator should get the offense more respectable and allow him to have some pretty good games throughout the year.

It sounds like Decker might be out and it's a Monday night game. I'll probably roll with Flacco.

Are there any other QBs that you guys think will come out of the shadows and provide good production for the rest of the season?

I went with Flacco over geno just because they will let flacco go crazy and throw the ball (62 attempts week 1 I believe) and Torrey is due for one of his flukey games. Then I'm also waiting for Bridgewater to get his shot. Looks like he'll be the safer play than bortles.

It sounds like Decker might be out and it's a Monday night game. I'll probably roll with Flacco.

Are there any other QBs that you guys think will come out of the shadows and provide good production for the rest of the season?
Totally skipped my mind that Decker had a balky hammy. Yeah, Flacco, although I usually don't like afc north match-ups from a QB standpoint.

If you're streaming I'd consider Cassel this week. NO is last in pts to QB. Minn is gonna lose, it's a lock, but Minn could still put up 3 tds,

Season-long, its hard to say. Best bet is to hop onto Sanchez, Manziel, Vick, Weeden, Clausen, or Tarvaris (in that order) if the starters go down, IMO. But we don't know who that guy is yet.

If you're streaming I'd consider Cassel this week. NO is last in pts to QB. Minn is gonna lose, it's a lock, but Minn could still put up 3 tds,

Season-long, its hard to say. Best bet is to hop onto Sanchez, Manziel, Vick, Weeden, Clausen, or Tarvaris (in that order) if the starters go down, IMO. But we don't know who that guy is yet.
I was considering Cassel also but NO has under performed so far and it's their home opener. I think between them being pumped up and Minn a little deflated with the whole AP thing is doesn't seem like such a lock but on paper it should be the matchup to play.

Geno for me, I think Decker being out will actually make him move out of the pocket more and run a little more

I like Geno. Currently leading the NFL in QB rushing attempts, after his 6th straight game with 5+ rushes.

I think the old Amish Rifle might be a decent guy to add to a platoon if he is available. HOU seems improved and has what looks like a fairly decent schedule plus his job seems relatively secure ATM as long as he doesn't stink it up(Is locker gonna be pushing him?).

I drafted Cutler

Decided to cut him for Locker last week....he stunk it up. Now I just picked up Tannehill

FAs:

Geno

Flacco

Ruthlessburger

Fitzpatrick

Glennon

:(

Giving romo one more shot, after that grabbing Fitz and hoping he starts looking at Andre (my wr2) more in the RZ..

If I had to take a shot at one of the WW QBs rolling around out there it would be Geno or Tannehill.

If anything happens to Foles, Sanchez would be an immediate get IMO.

Drafted romo.

cut for locker.

cut for romo.

Not confident on romo this week...CLE has given up 25+ points both weeks but could see BAL giving the TDs to rbs... ej and geno just scare me idk why....

I'm ####ed...may grab cousins if he clears waivers before 1pm

That's really scraping turds off a shoe.

With your QB situatuation in the crapper, how would others Rank these 3 going forward?

Austin Davis - Roughest schedule - but he really looks like a gamer from what I've seen. Decent WR's TE's and the rams seem to be lacking a running game and defense

Brian Hoyer - Best schedule - Looked good in limited action last year but hasn't been as impressive so far this season outside of last game - Manzell looming - Browns have a good running game that could could eat into his production, their defense seems bad. WR/TE's are ok I think STL's and TB's are better.

Mike Glennon - Looked decent last year and good so far. Good WR's and so so running game but offense could be limited by coaches philosophy. Defense ok to bad.

Right now I've got them:

1- Davis

2- Glennon

3- Hoyer

Anybody wanna offer anything more to this?

Users who are viewing this thread