What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

looking forward DE and LB roster moves (1 Viewer)

bamnation

Footballguy
In one league where we start 2 DEs 4LBs tackles 2 pts, assist 1 pt sacks, 2.5 pts, forced fumbles 4 pts, INT 4 pts

I am looking to update my roster for 2014

I currently have DEs:

Allen Bailey

Carlos Dunlap

William Gholston

Derrick Morgan

Rob Ninkovich

LBs

J Beason

Miles Burress

Trent Cole

Sio Moore

Shaun Phillips

Darryl Sharpton

Daryl Washington

Paul Worrilow

Who should I drop any (if any) to pick up which of the following players:

DE J Massaquoi ATL

LB J Lattimore GB

LB Laroy Reyynolds JAC

LB Tank Carder CLE

I have quiet a few DEs/LBs but figured I can trade them w late 2014 rookie picks to move up in the draft.

Thanks,

BAMN!

The guys you are looking at obviously need things to break there way just to earn more playing time. Must be a deep league. Lattimore and Massaquoi have potential IF there teams don't address the position in the draft. But that is a big IF for a reason.

Your league is very tackle heavy so I would get rid of all the pass rushing LBs and focus on getting ILBs and WLBs with high snap counts, but I get a sense that your league is deep with a dry waiver market and lots of roster positions to fill? I would drop Phillips and Cole as I can hardly see how they can be worthwhile rostering with your scoring system and I would try to look at younger players that might have a lower floor and more risk but with a better long term potential for high tackle numbers (Miles Burris is a good example as there is risk involved but his ceiling is high). I would also be worried about how much playing time Sharpton will get next year when Cushing is back. But...it's difficult to say without knowing the number of teams and roster spots. Massaquoi should definitely be picked up - particularly if it is a deep league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread