What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty traded involving IDP (1 Viewer)

GECKO

Footballguy
Didn't see a forum started on this here in the IDP forums. Looking for completed trades to guage IDP players. Please identify PPR or non-PPR or any other uncommon scoring rules.

Go...

I'm in a 12 team salary cap league. IDPs are wieghted heavily and compare to offensive players. We do have some weekly MVPs that are IDPs. So last year I traded my Lance Briggs (1yr / $1.4M) and Kenny Vacarro (4yr / $2.9M) for his Giovani Bernard (5yr / $10M). Granted this trade was based on need for both teams as well.

Team A gets: Paul Worrilow, LB

Team B gets: 2015 2nd round

16 team, starting 3 LB each in balanced scoring.

couldn't say no to a second round.

Vaccaro/briggs for Gio is completely impossible in any league I was ever in, safety is usually way too deep for this.

Team A gets: Paul Worrilow, LB

Team B gets: 2015 2nd round

16 team, starting 3 LB each in balanced scoring.

couldn't say no to a second round.

Vaccaro/briggs for Gio is completely impossible in any league I was ever in, safety is usually way too deep for this.
That Gio trade is something that should never happen. Maybe the guy was drunk?
lol well it did happen. A little insight also, this is a big play IDP league where points are as so:

Passes Defensed = 2 pts

Sack = 6 pts 1/2 Sack = 3

Solo Tackle = 2 pts

Assisted Tackle = 1 pt

Saftey = 10 pts

Forced Fumble = 8 pts

Fumble Rec = 4 pts

Interception = 12

Block Punt, PAT, or FG = 8pts

At the time Briggs wasnt hurt and was a top 10 LB (top 25 Overall) and he had a thing for Vaccaro. He also saved 8M in cap space. His basckfield was also loaded with Jamaal Charles, Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team non-PPR standard scoring (Zealots)

Traded;

S Lee LB DAL

for

L Green TE SDC

3.06 rookie

My Starting LB's now are: David, Worrilow, Orakpo

12 team non-PPR standard scoring (Zealots)

Traded;

S Lee LB DAL

for

L Green TE SDC

3.06 rookie

My Starting LB's now are: David, Worrilow, Orakpo
How do y'all think worrilow will fair this year?
I can't see Atlanta not using this guy extensively. He has a great motor; I think his floor is around LB 20 and I am very good with that from a waiver wire LB. :moneybag:

Gave Mychal Kendricks

Got 2.03, Marquess Wilson

16 team, PPR, full IDP, caps and contracts.

Leaves me a bit short at LB, but there are decent options on the waiver wire, and I need help in other areas.

Gave Mychal Kendricks

Leaves me a bit short at LB, but there are decent options on the waiver wire, and I need help in other areas.
Terrible move for you IMO. Kendricks is going to be a 100 tackle guy for years and is proven; you dealt him for potential and a WR3 (on his team) at best.

Gave Mychal Kendricks

Terrible move for you IMO. Kendricks is going to be a 100 tackle guy for years and is proven; you dealt him for potential and a WR3 (on his team) at best.
Not necessarily a "terrible" move. If there is one thing that Phil Emery has shown he can draft, it's WR's. He was on the staff when ATL "reached" for Roddy White. He traded to get Brandon Marshall. He moved up to get Alshon Jeffrey ... And couldn't pass on the value Marquess Wilson presented in last years draft in the 7th.

There are many who believe that Wilson was one of the top WR's in the 2014 class. The kid is a 6'3" WR, who runs a 4.5 at 194 lbs and is still growing into his body at 21 years old. If he can recommit and get over whatever happened at WSU the sky is the limit IMHO (and it seems he has since he is attending Marshall's camp this year).

Bottom line, Wilson is on a team with a very good offense, the coach is focused on the success of that side of the ball and Marshall can't play forever. If Wilson adds some weight over the next couple years he could be a stud.

If your a guy who sees the glass half full on Wilson, this isn't a "terrible" move at all.

Gave Mychal Kendricks

Not necessarily a "terrible" move. If there is one thing that Phil Emery has shown he can draft, it's WR's. He was on the staff when ATL "reached" for Roddy White. He traded to get Brandon Marshall. He moved up to get Alshon Jeffrey ... And couldn't pass on the value Marquess Wilson presented in last years draft in the 7th.

There are many who believe that Wilson was one of the top WR's in the 2014 class. The kid is a 6'3" WR, who runs a 4.5 at 194 lbs and is still growing into his body at 21 years old. If he can recommit and get over whatever happened at WSU the sky is the limit IMHO (and it seems he has since he is attending Marshall's camp this year).

Bottom line, Wilson is on a team with a very good offense, the coach is focused on the success of that side of the ball and Marshall can't play forever. If Wilson adds some weight over the next couple years he could be a stud.

If your a guy who sees the glass half full on Wilson, this isn't a "terrible" move at all.
It will depend on who I draft at 2.03 and the long-term success or failure of Wilson. I also won the league this year, so I figured I can take a few risks with my roster that I wouldn't normally do (I'm normally very risk averse).

I had Kendricks at $3.6 million salary through the 2016 season. Wilson costs me $1.5 million through the 2017 season, so I'm getting some salary cap relief. The other owner is new, so its a chance to get a feel for his tendencies and build a little goodwill.

In the end, I think I did this trade to become comfortable doing the things I wouldn't normally do and become less stingy in trading. It sounds weird, but I'm using fantasy football to work on parts of my life I feel I need to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread