What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL Rules (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pasquino

Footballguy
From a BNB post:

Rules: Player Scoring:Passing TDs = 6 pts

Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)

2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:3 pts per FG, 1 pt per XPT

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

0 = 5 points

1-6 = 3 points

7-13 = 1 point

14+ = 0 points

Total Yards Allowed

0-199 = 5 points

200-249 = 3 points

250-299 = 1 point

300+ = 0 points

Sack = 1 point

INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 2 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

Roster info:20 rounds of drafting

No trading of picks

No trading of players

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting.

No submission of rosters.

Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafts start next Monday (after championship games) or once a league is full...which ever happens later.

8 hour clock (including both picks at the ends).

Clock is off from 12 midnite until 8 am, all EST times.

Miss you pick in the first round and you'll be moved to the 16 spot. Miss it again in the first round and you'll be replaced.

If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced. If your replaced, you will be suspended from further participation in these leagues at my discreation. If you have to bail due to circumstances beyond your control, at least let us know. I reserve the right at my discreation to make a pick for you if I feel the intregrity of the draft will be impacted. After the last pick of the draft is made (or the clock expires) everyone has 8 hours for any make-up picks.

Clock is on during weekends. Find a sub or pm a list if you'll be gone for an extended time.

Plan on this draft lasting 4 weeks. Don't signup if your expecting it to be faster. If you sign up I expect you to meet your commitment or find someone who will. If you bail you'll sit out the balance of these drafts for this year.

I'll dice roll for draft position, highest roll goes first.

Thank you Twilight and Bass & Brew for your work.

JP and Bass, thank you for the rules.

Looks like your clearing the way and laying down the law early. :lol:

Just for clarification, are there roster position limits in this draft? For example, could I draft 3 QBs and 10 WRs if I wanted to?

How, who, where....the score each week.....who figures this stuff out for what's now four "Leagues?" :)

How, who, where....the score each week.....who figures this stuff out for what's now four "Leagues?" :)
Check my sig. I've been handling the scoring for the 8 (Holy crap it's been a while) years we've been doing these leagues, although this is only the 5th year for the WSL's.

How, who, where....the score each week.....who figures this stuff out for what's now four "Leagues?" :thumbup:
Check my sig. I've been handling the scoring for the 8 (Holy crap it's been a while) years we've been doing these leagues, although this is only the 5th year for the WSL's.
You've got to be kidding me. I would have only thought this was year 5 or 6.

BassNBrew said:
Twilight said:
Toads said:
How, who, where....the score each week.....who figures this stuff out for what's now four "Leagues?" :unsure:
That number does include this year.Mike2670 and Air Fryar(!) won the first MBSLs in 2002, so this year's will be the 8th.

SSL's started the next year in 2003.

WSL's first was 2005.

PDSL was 2006.

BassNBrew said:
Twilight said:
Toads said:
How, who, where....the score each week.....who figures this stuff out for what's now four "Leagues?" :mellow:
That number does include this year.Mike2670 and Air Fryar(!) won the first MBSLs in 2002, so this year's will be the 8th.

SSL's started the next year in 2003.

WSL's first was 2005.

PDSL was 2006.
That's awesome. I'd had no clue it's been that long either. "Time flies..." and all that!! :D

Seems to have been an excellant job you've done there Twilight after looking things over.I know it has to take a lot of time, dedication and devotion to handle all the scoring and to have done it for 8 years my hat's off to you my friend for a masterful job done. KUDOS :goodposting:

8 hour clock (including both picks at the ends).Clock is off from 12 midnite until 8 am, all EST times.Miss you pick in the first round and you'll be moved to the 16 spot. Miss it again in the first round and you'll be replaced.If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced. If your replaced, you will be suspended from further participation in these leagues at my discreation. If you have to bail due to circumstances beyond your control, at least let us know. I reserve the right at my discreation to make a pick for you if I feel the intregrity of the draft will be impacted. After the last pick of the draft is made (or the clock expires) everyone has 8 hours for any make-up picks.Clock is on during weekends. Find a sub or pm a list if you'll be gone for an extended time.Plan on this draft lasting 4 weeks. Don't signup if your expecting it to be faster. If you sign up I expect you to meet your commitment or find someone who will. If you bail you'll sit out the balance of these drafts for this year.I'll dice roll for draft position, highest roll goes first.
Customary vs. rules....Oh what game!Just wanted to clarify as I was envolved in WSL in 2011, 2010 and 2009. In 2009 and 2011, two of the Leagues I was in (I filled in for two Leagues in 2011 so it was four Leagues over three years) had violations of the clock times over the super Bowl Week end with the result being total chaos extending into Monday of the next week.Seems that at some previous time and in some previous WSL play, the clock had been suspended over the SB weekend. This resulted in guys just stating "....I thought that the clock was off" and just blowing off the competition.Jeff then was placed into cleaning up the mess after the fact and he choose to allow the violations with no penalty being dispensed for the violations. Everybody else was left checking in multiple times over the weekend and wondering who was on first.In 2011 I was branded a quiter after I left the "competition" on Monday, stating that "I could stand it anymore and was done with this mess."I've perused the rules and looked for the "Dispensation After The Mess" clause and couldn't find where the practice was formally adopted into the Rules...it's not there. It's just "....the custom" and not part of the rules....yet.So, at the risk of being further pillaged by the WSL crowd, I'd ask for a formal adoption into the rules for this practice as it's OK to just blow off the draft due to the Super bowl Exclusion and it's OK to do so and have no penalty rendered....Just state "I thought the clock was off" and it's OK.Or....maybe in lieu of adopting a formal rules change, Jeff could just post (before it happens again) that this has happend in two of the last three years...without penalty....and that it's not OK to do so.Miss you guys....knock 'um dead. :tumbleweed:

8 hour clock (including both picks at the ends).Clock is off from 12 midnite until 8 am, all EST times.Miss you pick in the first round and you'll be moved to the 16 spot. Miss it again in the first round and you'll be replaced.If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced. If your replaced, you will be suspended from further participation in these leagues at my discreation. If you have to bail due to circumstances beyond your control, at least let us know. I reserve the right at my discreation to make a pick for you if I feel the intregrity of the draft will be impacted. After the last pick of the draft is made (or the clock expires) everyone has 8 hours for any make-up picks.Clock is on during weekends. Find a sub or pm a list if you'll be gone for an extended time.Plan on this draft lasting 4 weeks. Don't signup if your expecting it to be faster. If you sign up I expect you to meet your commitment or find someone who will. If you bail you'll sit out the balance of these drafts for this year.I'll dice roll for draft position, highest roll goes first.
Customary vs. rules....Oh what game!Just wanted to clarify as I was envolved in WSL in 2011, 2010 and 2009. In 2009 and 2011, two of the Leagues I was in (I filled in for two Leagues in 2011 so it was four Leagues over three years) had violations of the clock times over the super Bowl Week end with the result being total chaos extending into Monday of the next week.Seems that at some previous time and in some previous WSL play, the clock had been suspended over the SB weekend. This resulted in guys just stating "....I thought that the clock was off" and just blowing off the competition.Jeff then was placed into cleaning up the mess after the fact and he choose to allow the violations with no penalty being dispensed for the violations. Everybody else was left checking in multiple times over the weekend and wondering who was on first.In 2011 I was branded a quiter after I left the "competition" on Monday, stating that "I could stand it anymore and was done with this mess."I've perused the rules and looked for the "Dispensation After The Mess" clause and couldn't find where the practice was formally adopted into the Rules...it's not there. It's just "....the custom" and not part of the rules....yet.So, at the risk of being further pillaged by the WSL crowd, I'd ask for a formal adoption into the rules for this practice as it's OK to just blow off the draft due to the Super bowl Exclusion and it's OK to do so and have no penalty rendered....Just state "I thought the clock was off" and it's OK.Or....maybe in lieu of adopting a formal rules change, Jeff could just post (before it happens again) that this has happend in two of the last three years...without penalty....and that it's not OK to do so.Miss you guys....knock 'um dead. :tumbleweed:
Jees...how do you get rid of the X in the reply icon deal?

We'll make the Super Bowl issue easy this year. Clock is off at 6 pm on Super Bowl Sunday rather than midnite.

first post ever by toads that is in only ONE font size and ONE color?miss you old man....Peace

In recent seasons, the team rosters have been transferred into MFL after the draft is completed. Assume that will be the case

new to the party, how do you fellas score this thing? do you use a website?
We move everything to mfl later in the season. Future drafts (PDSL, SSL, MBSL) will be conducted there. They aren't up and running with th rookies yet.

Welcome aboard Trip.

Users who are viewing this thread