What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superbowl gambling thread (1 Viewer)

I don't gamble a lot on sports but aren't prop bets generally considered sucker bets? I know they're fun but I thought they gave lower odds than just making standard bets (i.e. betting on the spread or over/under, etc.)

I don't gamble a lot on sports but aren't prop bets generally considered sucker bets? I know they're fun but I thought they gave lower odds than just making standard bets (i.e. betting on the spread or over/under, etc.)
Pretty much the exact opposite of the truth...

It's nigh impossible to grind out a profit on totals and sides in the NFL... But there are guys who KILL props and have been doing it for a while now. Word is they post up a lot of these picks in a certain thread over in the FFA. Prob some of the sharpest football (and other sport) prognosticators on these forums....

A few I like:

WILL THE GAME BE DECIDED BY EXACTLY 3 POINTS?

YES +330

WILL THERE BE A SPECIAL TEAMS OR DEFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN?

YES +155

WILL THE PATRIOTS SCORE IN ALL 4 QUARTERS?

**(Overtime does not count)

YES +240

I'm liking Ovechkin's shots on goal to be higher than Doug Baldwin's reception total

Also like Julian Edelman's receiving yards to be over Tiger Woods day 1 score at the Masters

And the lock of the night is for Kraft to be shown more on TV than Paul Allen

Others I like:

Giselle shown on TV OVER 1 1/2 times

Belichick's hoodie type: Sleeves cut

Katy Perry mentioned OVER 2 times during the first half

"Deflate" said OVER 3 times

I like the over,currently 47 1/2

I see a game close to 60 total points IF the roof is closed,it'll get warmer in the second half,the defenses will wear out.

I like Blount (62½) & Gronk (74½) to go over their yards, the middle is where Pats will be forced to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Betting my savings account on yellow gatorade.
:lol: I always wondered how they prevent someone (who is in the "in") from making a fairly large bet on this type of prop
Me too! I never understood why that couldn't happen. I wonder if gatorade has to keep it on lockdown.

Or what song Katy Perry starts with.... isn't there a lot of people who will know the routine before the game?

:lol: I always wondered how they prevent someone (who is in the "in") from making a fairly large bet on this type of prop
I've also wondered this - for a number of the prop bets. You can bet on the 1st song Katy Perry will sing, what she will be wearing, etc.

There are absolutely people that have this information, and I would think more than a few. Even if they sign some kind of agreement, what's to stop them from telling a friend to put $100,000 down?

from what I see on certain prop bets the limit is fairly low.

Cant go bet 5 million on whether or not the first play is a run or pass
Yeah I understand that but couldn't you have a fairly large group of people make different sized bets to spread it out? I know we're not talking about millions here but it still could be a substantial amount of money if it's planned out right.

from what I see on certain prop bets the limit is fairly low.

Cant go bet 5 million on whether or not the first play is a run or pass
Yeah I understand that but couldn't you have a fairly large group of people make different sized bets to spread it out? I know we're not talking about millions here but it still could be a substantial amount of money if it's planned out right.
No one has ever thought of this before today i bet:))

The time it would take you to plan and coordinate it all out isnt worth it. Just go work those extra hours at your job and probably make more.

Besides whats the point. That large group of people will get the money. Not like they will give it all to you.

Plus the bookie could pay someone off on gameday to change the outcome on the prop if they stand to lose a lot of money on it

I'm liking Ovechkin's shots on goal to be higher than Doug Baldwin's reception total

Also like Julian Edelman's receiving yards to be over Tiger Woods day 1 score at the Masters

And the lock of the night is for Kraft to be shown more on TV than Paul Allen

Others I like:

Giselle shown on TV OVER 1 1/2 times

Belichick's hoodie type: Sleeves cut

Katy Perry mentioned OVER 2 times during the first half

"Deflate" said OVER 3 times
if Giselle is in the owner's box like she has in previous super bowls that over is a lock.

I'm betting on "Will Marshawn Lynch score a TD"

NO +160. Lynch has scored a TD in half his games this season, NE doesn't give up rushing TDs. Good value here.

Also like the under for even money on Lynch getting under 92.5 rushing yards

These are the prop bets I took.

Team to score unanswered three times. NO @+200

Brady to throw an INT- NO @+140

Brady total rush yards >1.5 @-150

Shortest TD scored > 1.5 @-110

Total rushing Yards < 242.5 @-125

Users who are viewing this thread