What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Green Bay Packers Offseason Thread, v. 2014 (1 Viewer)

smackdaddies

Footballguy
Good news - We suck less than the Vikings, Lions and Bears

Bad news - We suck more than the entire NFC West Division

So - what does the future hold? My predictions

1) We keep Don Capers. No, he doesnt suck as bad as some say.

2) Draft needs? Dline, Dline, Dline. I have heard Jolly is out of the league with his neck injury, Raji will be too expensive and Picket is too old.

3) Flynn gets a contract at league minimum. No one else wants him, but he plays well enough for a Packer back up. Tolzien also stays.

Assuming Rodgers stays healthy, the Packers should once again win the Norris division. And lose in the playoffs. Unless we pay for some dline help.

2) Draft needs? Dline, Dline, Dline. I have heard Jolly is out of the league with his neck injury, Raji will be too expensive and Picket is too old.

3) Flynn gets a contract at league minimum. No one else wants him, but he plays well enough for a Packer back up. Tolzien also stays.

Assuming Rodgers stays healthy, the Packers should once again win the Norris division. And lose in the playoffs. Unless we pay for some dline help.
I agree we keep Capers and I don't think he's as bad as some say. Tramon Williams said in an article today in the Milw. Journal Sentinel that you need veterans to play in Capers system. Really hurt them this year with the rash of injuries and inexperience playing D.

Draft needs should also include a safety or two. We never recovered from the loss of Nick Collins.

Agreed that the Lions, Vikings and da Bears still suck.

I think safety is just as big of hole as dline. Burnett and Jennings may be the worst tandem in the NFL with poor instincts and blown coverages. LB depth would be nice as well...I'm hoping for a mid-late round flier on Borland.

I can't argue with need at safety and lb, but the dline is one of the strengths of the draft, and the pack basically will be starting Wilson, Worthy and Datone Jones. Really think those three are ready for prime time?

Safety is supposed to be very weak in the draft this year. Maybe we'll sign a free agent at safety. :lol:

smackdaddies said:
I can't argue with need at safety and lb, but the dline is one of the strengths of the draft, and the pack basically will be starting Wilson, Worthy and Datone Jones. Really think those three are ready for prime time?
No they do need help there but I like Daniels a lot and I m hoping they get good news regarding Jolly. Hopefully Jones issue was his early season ankle injury if not he looks like a major bust. I hated that draft pick (wanted Cyprien).

We have just got to get pressure on the QB from the DL - which we can't do. Too many times opposing QBs are getting so much time to throw a pass that it doesn't help the CB or Safeties. You can only cover a WR for so long before he gets open. DL needs to be addressed in the draft.

smackdaddies said:

Where did you hear Jolly's neck injury is career-ending? I haven't seen any reports at all and a google search finds nothing either.

smackdaddies said:

I agree we keep Capers and I don't think he's as bad as some say. Tramon Williams said in an article today in the Milw. Journal Sentinel that you need veterans to play in Capers system. Really hurt them this year with the rash of injuries and inexperience playing D.

Draft needs should also include a safety or two. We never recovered from the loss of Nick Collins.

You might be right about Capers. But he sure seems to fail to come up wit creative gameplans the past 2-3 years, at the most important times.Tramon's comments about needing veterans could have been spot on. Or they could have been purely self serving, given that Tramon is an aging veteran with a high cap number.

smackdaddies said:
No they do need help there but I like Daniels a lot and I m hoping they get good news regarding Jolly. Hopefully Jones issue was his early season ankle injury if not he looks like a major bust. I hated that draft pick (wanted Cyprien).
Daniels is a backup. Not big enough to play that many downs over a whole season.Isn't Wilson a FA too?

smackdaddies said:

Where did you hear Jolly's neck injury is career-ending? I haven't seen any reports at all and a google search finds nothing either.
just guessing - nothing new in the news. A C5 injury is career ending if they have to operate

Free Agents with my comments

Unrestricted FA's

Ryan Pickett NT 34 12 $5,400,000 - gone, age

B.J. Raji DE 27 4 $4,490,000 - gone, not worth the over $8m he wants

Jermichael Finley TE 26 5 $4,450,000 - gone, production never equals projections

James Jones WR 29 6 $2,950,000 - Signed if at current salary, gone if higher

Sam Shields CB 26 3 $2,023,000 - Packers must sign Sam

John Kuhn FB 31 7 $1,800,000 - getting older, but still important. Perhaps a 2-3 years deal

Evan Dietrich-Smith C 27 3 $1,323,000 - Must sign - he is a top 10 center

Marshall Newhouse T 25 3 $1,323,000 - sign at league minimum

Andrew Quarless TE 25 3 $1,323,000 - sign at minimum

Seneca Wallace QB 33 9 $840,000 please

Johnny Jolly DE 30 4 $715,000 - Big raise if healthy

Rob Francois LB 28 3 $630,000 - league minimum

Mike Neal LB 26 3 $630,000 - small raise

James Starks RB 27 3 $630,000 - league minimum

C.J. Wilson DE 26 3 $630,000 small raise

RESTRICTED (2)

M.D. Jennings S 25 2 $555,000 small raise

Jamari Lattimore LB 25 2 $555,000 small raise

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS (1) Chris Banjo S 23 0 $405,000 small raise

Last edited by a moderator:
smackdaddies said:

You might be right about Capers. But he sure seems to fail to come up wit creative gameplans the past 2-3 years, at the most important times.Tramon's comments about needing veterans could have been spot on. Or they could have been purely self serving, given that Tramon is an aging veteran with a high cap number.
Capers game plan held SF to 23 points. Should have been good enough to win. And should have been even better if Hyde makes the pick 6 and if Bush doesn't lose containment on Kaepernick on the 3rd down play like his responsibilities called for. I'm not saying there aren't problems that need to be addressed but Capers is highly respected by the players and around the league. At some point the players need to make plays.

Capers need to go. The Packers won't get past San Francisco until he does.

They need to blow up the whole defense. Let Raji walk. Keep Jolly. Get rid of Pickett. Hawk needs to go. They need to sign somebody to lead this defense. All of their linebackers are average at best.

I'm not sure what Matthews' contract is but they should consider trading him. I was shocked to see that he only averages three tackles per game. That's not value. Plus he's hurt a lot.

Unrestricted FA's

Jermichael Finley TE 26 5 $4,450,000 - gone, production never equals projections

John Kuhn FB 31 7 $1,800,000 - getting older, but still important. Perhaps a 2-3 years deal

RESTRICTED (2)

The only must-sign is Deitrrich Smith. Shield is ok but we was part of this cluster#### of a defense, a major contributor. And when it counted...hurt.

They need to blow up the whole defense. Let Raji walk. Keep Jolly. Get rid of Pickett. Hawk needs to go. They need to sign somebody to lead this defense. All of their linebackers are average at best.

I'm not sure what Matthews' contract is but they should consider trading him. I was shocked to see that he only averages three tackles per game. That's not value. Plus he's hurt a lot.
They almost got past them this year without their best defensive lineman, LB and with their best CB going down in the first series. I'm not a Capers fan boy by any means but I think their defensive issues are more about personnel and less about coaching. Completely agree about Hawk. He has high tackle numbers but most of those are 5 yards plus downfield.

They almost got past them this year without their best defensive lineman, LB and with their best CB going down in the first series. I'm not a Capers fan boy by any means but I think their defensive issues are more about personnel and less about coaching. Completely agree about Hawk. He has high tackle numbers but most of those are 5 yards plus downfield.
I agree there are personnel issues as well. Bigtime. Defense has one impact player who didn't play again. So they had none. And it showed.

It's not Capers, it's the players.

Dline - Picket is old, Raji played down in his contract year, Wilson is average at best and the rest are role players.

Linebackers - other than Clay and Hawk, who do they have? Part time players. And Hawk is a good player. He is not dominant however. They start four, but only have 1 star.

Safety - Won't hit and can't tackle - great combo

DB - actually a strength, but hurt by injuries. Forget Shields going down in the playoffs - what everyone forgets is Casey Hayward out for the season. Remember him? 6 int his Rookie year?

Hawk is not better than Mulumba or Jones or any of the rest. He's a stat compiler at best and a liability much of the time. He's strong but lacks instincts.

I'm not sold on Hayward yet to be honest. But I think cornerback is the tallest midget here. They are the best unit on D but that isn't really saying much. Tramon is ok. He'd start for most teams but isn't going a star. Shields isn't big enough to hang with guys like Crabtree, Calvin, Marshall, Alshon, and the like.

Hawk is not better than Mulumba or Jones or any of the rest. He's a stat compiler at best and a liability much of the time. He's strong but lacks instincts.
He calls the defense. He has the respect of the players and coaches. He is fundamental to the run defense.

Unrestricted FA's

RESTRICTED (2)

Mike Neal is gonna get starter money. 4-6 million a year. Starks will likely get RBBC money. 2-3 Million a year. Both earned it this year.

Packers have real cap issues this year. 27 Million under the cap, but the lots of UFAs. Shields likely to get 5 million/year to come back. Also have Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb entering the final year of their deals. I think they'd like to bring back Finley if he's healthy enough too.

Oh for Chrissake, you fire Capers. Quit defending this guy. What has he done since the superbowl run that has justified him keeping his job?? He's had an All-Pro LB, for some of that time he's had the Def Player of the Year in Woodson, he's had decent players at other positions-- not "good" but decent. Injuries weren't much of a factor the 2 years prior to this, so what was his excuse then?

Green Bay's defense has been a joke for the better part of the last 3 years. They have had historically bad pass defense. They have been bottom half of the league in total defense. They have been blown out at home by the Giants in the playoffs, by the 49'ers last year, and while they played above expectations on Sunday, this is not a defense anyone takes seriously.

They continue to tackle poorly, despite repeatedly saying it would "be addressed". For years everyone has seen that they're soft. They continue to make the same coverage errors. They repeatedly allow the same guy to burn them without adjustment in big games.

Capers has run his course, which is generally 3 years when you look at his history. He has a 3 year shelf life wherever he goes. That was a long time ago in Green Bay.

I really cannot fathom how some of you can still think he offers the Packers anything at this point. Just baffling...

When you're at the bar, put your beer down, shut your pie hole, and actually watch the games.

Oh for Chrissake, you fire Capers. Quit defending this guy. What has he done since the superbowl run that has justified him keeping his job?? He's had an All-Pro LB, for some of that time he's had the Def Player of the Year in Woodson, he's had decent players at other positions-- not "good" but decent. Injuries weren't much of a factor the 2 years prior to this, so what was his excuse then?

Green Bay's defense has been a joke for the better part of the last 3 years. They have had historically bad pass defense. They have been bottom half of the league in total defense. They have been blown out at home by the Giants in the playoffs, by the 49'ers last year, and while they played above expectations on Sunday, this is not a defense anyone takes seriously.

They continue to tackle poorly, despite repeatedly saying it would "be addressed". For years everyone has seen that they're soft. They continue to make the same coverage errors. They repeatedly allow the same guy to burn them without adjustment in big games.

Capers has run his course, which is generally 3 years when you look at his history. He has a 3 year shelf life wherever he goes. That was a long time ago in Green Bay.

I really cannot fathom how some of you can still think he offers the Packers anything at this point. Just baffling...
Advice from a packer hater. I think the smart money would be go the other way...

Keep Jolly, let the rest go for anything above minimum. Pickett is too old. Raji just doesn't produce, Wilson is just a body.

Advice from a packer hater. I think the smart money would be go the other way...
:coffee:

He calls the defense. He has the respect of the players and coaches. He is fundamental to the run defense.
Exactly. He's not a superstar, but he's a very solid LB who never gets hurt.
I do think this is an underappreciated aspect of Hawk. When one of the Packers' mediocre defensive players get injured they have to bring in someone crappy. With Hawk you'll know the inside LB spot will at least be mediocre all season long.

:coffee:
Who knows more? Packer Players or Packer Hater?

Packer Players #justsayin

:fishing:

I do think this is an underappreciated aspect of Hawk. When one of the Packers' mediocre defensive players get injured they have to bring in someone crappy. With Hawk you'll know the inside LB spot will at least be mediocre all season long.
Awesome

brohans here is what this old boy wants to see keep evan detrich smith and blow it up on d maybe keep raji and jolly and then get a lot faster in the linebackers and get some dbacks who might be burned once in a while which happens now just about every series but who will hit the living hell out of a wr and hey i would rather see a few pass interferencde calls than watch guys lost 25 yards every time a wr does a double move in short get faster and get tougher on d and also a little pass rush would be nice since right now we pretty much just do a hula dance with the o linemen until kappy runs or throws it cripes take that to the bank brohans

Mr.Pack said:
smackdaddies said:
Sabertooth said:
Well, he doesn't get hurt, I'll give you that. I don't think he's very solid though. Not good enough to start on any top 10 defense.

Sabertooth said:

I still don't get this hate for Hawk.

He had one of his best years.

Its not all him.

Find a guy next to him...but losing him would hurt this defense more than some admit.

Hawk is far better than Mulumba, Jones...and everyone else they have on this team to play ILB. Its not close.

and you say later he can't start on a top 10 defense...but he already has before...on this defense.

oh come on yes he is he will start on a top 10 d he is good in the middle long story short his weak stuff was his pass d but he has gotten better there not great but he does well against the run and is always around the ball he is a solid player in the middle where the outsides are fast and can cover the edges jeesh lets not get all bears fans where every time they lose a game people want to fire everyone in chicago even in the sears tower and turn solider field in to a swimming acquarium man take that to the bank broahns

you are right everyone else in the league can cover davis because davis is a total bum and actually it is a real surprise that san fran even keeps him employed on the field instead of sending him up in the stands to sell fish tacos or whatever they eat out there on the coast so hey it was only hawk who stinks in the whole league you nailed it brohan

My thoughts on the roster.

Oline...probably left where it is. Newhouse likely gone. Have to sign EDS. Bulaga/Sherrod and one of the young guys compete for the RT spot. The others remain where they are. Maybe a late draft pick again here. The line actually was better this year as far as run blocking. Still a weak pass protecting unit but again, some of that is due to the QB holding the ball wanting to make a big play.

FB...have to sign Kuhn short term.

RB...likely will be Lacy, Franklin, and Harris. Id like to keep Starks...but think someone will pay him more than GB will.

WR...Jones could be back...but if not, it should not hurt them much. The one position I don't ever worry about TT's ability to fill is WR.

QB...sign Flynn. Someone could offer him a better chance to start...but maybe he has seen that his best fit is in GB. Tolzien to be the #3 and given a year in McCarthy's system and offseason program to develop. Don't get stuck with him like they did Harrell and Coleman though.

Defense.

Safety is a big big need. Burnett simply is not that good...not close to being worth what he gets paid. They seem to like Richardson. But I don't see a play maker on this team at this position.

CB. Sign shields and this will be a solid unit. It takes a lot of lumps due to a very inconsistent pass rush.

ILB. They need a play maker next to Hawk. But have bigger needs.

OLB Another huge need. Clay's injuries and the inconsistency of any other option just can't keep happening. Perry shows flashes, but disappears for huge stretches. Same with Neal (who did surprise me and look better at OLB than I expected he would)

DL. Raji and Pickett likely gone. If so, they have to sign Jolly. Daniels is a nice player, but not an every down guy. Worthy and Jones have to step up. Need help here and could see a cheaper veteran FA here or at OLB coming in.

Coaching.

As I have said, I think Capers stays. I think some of the assistants may be the scapegoats here. Greene likely keeps his job. They love Moss and Perry...but maybe they have overrated them.

McAdo is apparently interviewing in Cleveland for the HC job. Would be interesting if he left. Van Pelt would likely slide in there. Id rather see Clement slide back in there and have them hire a stronger real OC to help McCarthy out.

Slocum has to go.

He looked great covering Vernon Davis.
If everyone who gave up a TD to Davis was fired...there would be quite a few very good players in need of a job.

Also notice Burnett was very late in his help and you know what...Hawk was actually right there with him wasn't he?

from the bin of odd facts

The 49'rs start a Wisconsin boy at QB and the Packers start a SoCal boy at QB.
Rodgers grew up idolizing Montana and his fave team was the 49ers as kid.

Kaep grew up idolizing Farve and his fave team was the Packers.

McCarthy may have been the catalyst in drafting Alex Smith while OC with the 49er in 2005, his only season there.

It's called destiny or something.

He looked great covering Vernon Davis.
On that TD pass? He did look good. Kept up with him, good position. It was a great pass and Davis is a great TE - 52 rctp, 800 yards and 13 tds this year.
:lmao:
Facts bother you?

Was Hawk toasted? Did he not hang right with Davis down the field?

It was a very good pass and catch...those things happen.

It was actually one of Hawk's better jobs covering a guy.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/239117051.html

Packers' James Jones played with two broken ribsGreenfield – James Jones wants to help the community, he wants a new contract to remain in Green Bay and he wanted to win in the playoffs badly. So badly in fact he played with more than just a hurt leg.

Turns out the veteran receiver broke two ribs in the Packers game against Pittsburgh on Dec. 22 and was spitting up blood the next day.

But he practiced and played through it – and so it never had to show up on the injury report or be known to the public.

He first talked about this Tuesday, after he met with fans and signed autographs at the Walmart in Greenfield. He was there to challenge football fans and anyone else to participate in the Defeat Hunger Bowl.

“I pride myself on being tough,” Jones said. “I broke my ribs in Pittsburgh. But I played through it, practiced through it. You know, when you practice through it, you don’t have to put it on the injury report or none of that because I’m out there at practice every day.

“It's part of the game. You’ve got to go out there.

“There’s a lot of guys out there that’s playing with injuries that people don’t know about – and then put themselves on the line for their team.”

Jones had two catches for 20 yards in the wildcard loss to San Francisco on Sunday, but he was still bothered by the two drops, which he brought up. He wouldn't use anything -- not the weather or anything else -- as an excuse.

Now, he will have to focus on his future. He is a free agent.

"I don't know," said Jones. "As of right now, I haven't even really worried about it or thought about it. I've truly been at peace with it. I'm just going to relax, take some time off. Take some vacations, get away from football for a little while.

"Then in the next couple of months, my agent, me and my wife can go from there. I hope it is here. I spent seven years here. Would love to finish here. But we all know the business side of it, and we will sit down and talk about it. I don't think my agent has talked to the Packers yet about anything."

Asked why he would want to stay in Green Bay -- he’s already got a Super Bowl ring, it's minus 6 outside at high noon, there are warmer places (and domed stadiums) -- Jones said:

“The reason I would like to stay is just the relationship with the guys on the team. We’re a close group. Especially in the wide receiver room. We’ve got a lot of talent on the team. Especially if we keep 12 healthy, we can make some runs – and maybe get us a couple more Super Bowls.

“I love those guys. I love playing with my teammates. That would probably be the toughest part – if we did have to start over.”

This was a strange year for the Packers -- the different quarterbacks, the win drought, the tie. But a lot of people played through their injuries or fought like crazy to come back from them. Jones stood in the middle of Walmart on Tuesday huddled in a wool coat, hat on, freezing. Like the rest of us. Only still very sore from the long season. Now, he can get some time off to heal.

"To be honest with you, this team had a lot of heart," said Jones. "A lot of guts. All the adversity that we went through this year, all the injuries, Aaron Rodgers going down, me and Randall Cobb getting hurt in the same game, Clay Matthews going down, this team showed a lot of heart. A lot of toughness. We made it to the playoffs. We had it in our hands, on our home field. We let it slip, but I'm very proud of this team because this is one of the closest teams that I've ever been a part of. One of the hardest-working teams. And nobody ever quit. Our season was on the line in Dallas, we were down 20-some points and everybody kept fighting. Proud of this team. We had a lot of things to look up to -- even though we didn't get the job done."

Walmart also donated $25,000 to Jones' foundation on Tuesday: Love Jones 4 Kids.

"That will help a lot of people here and in California," said Jones; he is originally from California.

Jones grew up homeless, so this kind of community support has always been important to him.

"The way I grew up, when you talk about kids not being able to have food to eat, it touches me," said Jones. "To be able to partner up with Walmart to feed as many as we can, it's huge.

"When they called my name on draft day, I told my wife that it is time to start a foundation. I feel God put everyone in that locker room and in the NFL for a reason -- and it is not just to catch touchdowns and throw touchdowns and make millions. It's not just to bless yourself. It is to give back. It's to bless others. However much I can do, I will do."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/239138701.html

Aaron Rodgers: 'We just need a couple more pieces'By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
Green Bay - Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers predicted that if general manager Ted Thompson can keep the bulk of the team together, the organization has a chance to be great again.

Speaking to host Jason Wilde on his weekly radio show on 540 ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers said that he didn't see the playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday as a sign the Packers were facing a rebuilding period but rather that they were on the verge of being a powerhouse.

"I think this organization understands we have a chance to be great," Rodgers said. "We just need a couple more pieces."

Rodgers said if you look at all the young talent the Packers have been cultivating there is room for quick growth. He said that if Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy can find a way to keep key free agents and continue to build on what the 2013 team accomplished, big things were in store.

"I think this is the end of a window and the beginning of a new one," he said on his show. "This is the year when we can really open up a new window that can last for four or five years. It looks really bright. I think if you look at the core of our team, our offensive line is looking the way we want it, the receivers look incredible. We have a big-time back in Eddie (Lacy). Not sure what James Starks will do, (DuJuan Harris) is coming back.

"We have a lot of things that are setting up to be really good for a long time. A lot of really good young players with Sam (Shields), Micah Hyde, Casey (Hayward), when Casey comes back (from a hamstring injury) and Morgan Burnett and Sean Richardson, and veteran guys playing well, A.J. (Hawk) had his best season, Clay (Matthews), (Ryan) Pickett, (B.J.) Raji, Johnny Jolly coming back.

"This window has a chance to open up and be really bright for four or five years if you can get guys signed and keep them around. My contract is for six more years. I expect to be playing at a high level for all six of those years. We’ll see what happens after that. Maybe I’ll be able to go another three or four after that."

Rodgers said he understood what CB Tramon Williams told a couple of reporters late in the team's media session Monday regarding the need for more veteran experience and leadership on the field and in the locker room. Though he didn't lobby as hard as Williams did, he agreed that it would be important for the team to stick with some of the players who have come up through the ranks.

"We all trust the judgment of Ted and his staff and Mike," Rodgers said. "As an older player, you understand the importance of guys who have been there done that, who have the credibility, who have the leadership ability, and I think it never hurts to have more guys like that.

"Or on the same account, making sure our veteran guys who are still playing at a high level are given the opportunities to be continue to be a member of the Green Bay Packers."

Rodgers said that now that he has turned 30 years old, he would take his off-season training to another level and expected to return next summer in the best shape of his life. He said his collarbone came out of the final two games with no further issues and expected to be ready for a full off-season of work.

He defended the Packers' decision to hold him out of action for seven starts while the bone healed, saying that few people knew the risks of re-injury and ramifications if he suffered a complete fracture of the left collarbone.

"I think what most people didn’t understand about this injury (is the risk) isn’t just a displacement, if you re-injure it it’s a displaced collarbone and you have surgery and a plate inserted and three months later (you’re back)," he said. "No, that’s not… that’s like some perfect dream world where there is Elysium. There’s a lot of complications that could have come with it.

"The rehab is more like five months, which you’re missing organized team activities potentially or at least (off-season workouts). And then you have complications from the plate being in your collarbone. There’s still opportunity for a non-union of the bone, (where) it doesn’t come all the way together so that you could have injections. You could have a reaction to the injections. There’s that and more.

"We were handcuffed by the weekly scan that we saw which did not show a healthy bone yet. It was frustrating. I can promise you it was more frustrating for me than any fan out there or any coach. Nobody wanted to be out there more than I did. Nobody is more competitive than I am. You can ask my friends that. It was very difficult. But ultimately I was able to get back on the field and have some fun again."

Rodgers lamented that he did not play his best football against the 49ers Sunday and accepted responsibility for the offense's failures. He said the offense could have put the game away with a late fourth-quarter drive or at least given the Packers one more shot at winning it.

But instead of scoring a touchdown, it settled for a field goal that tied the game at 20-20 and allowed the 49ers to drive for a game-winning field goal with no time left.

"Our defense played well enough for us to win," Rodgers said. "We didn’t score enough points on offense. What I look at is the performance I had wasn’t good enough to win. I put a lot on my shoulders. The team expects greatness out of me every week. They didn’t get it on Sunday, so I’m disappointed about that.

"We made some plays, got back in the game. Took the lead and we had another big drive to put points on the board. I felt good about both fourth-quarter drives. Didn’t think that would be our last drive of the season there getting down there and kicking the tying field goal.

"It was frustrating to watch those last five-plus minutes, six minutes, and not be able to do anything and then to see them celebrate on the field. That’s frustrating. If you’d have told our offense that our defense was going to hold them to 23 points, I think everybody in there would have said we’d have won.”

Users who are viewing this thread