What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Rookie of the Year is... (1 Viewer)

Ack88

Footballguy
Mine is Brandon Cooks. Blazing speed. Brees already is raving about him. While Grahan will remain a target monster, Colston is slowing down and is not quite the player he was.

Cooks will post 72/1100/11 this year.

I will be targeting him in every league.

Watkins may be better over the long haul but Cooks has the talent, supporting cast, and QB to make an instant impact. He will be the exception to the rule that rookie wrs. do not typically have early success.

Mine is Brandon Cooks. Blazing speed. Brees already is raving about him. While Grahan will remain a target monster, Colston is slowing down and is not quite the player he was.

Cooks will post 72/1100/11 this year.

I will be targeting him in every league.

Watkins may be better over the long haul but Cooks has the talent, supporting cast, and QB to make an instant impact. He will be the exception to the rule that rookie wrs. do not typically have early success.
A Saints WR has only posted 11 TDs with Drew Brees once. Colston in 2007. 11 TDs seems quite high when Cooks isn't likely to be targeted much in the red zone.

Top picks for me right now.

Offense;

1. J. Hill - I think this guy is going to get the ball a lot more than people expect. With that he will score some TDs in the Bengals explosive offense.

2. Sankey - should see the most touches of any rookie RB.

3. Watkins - should see the most targets of any rookie WR.

Defense;

1. Pryor - the NYJ have a great front 7 and that will allow this guy to make lots of plays.

2. D. Lawrence - this guy is going to be inserted I to a big role early in Dal. I could see a 10+ sack season.

3. Clowney - just too talented too leave off the list. Maybe a stretch for him to win it as he transitions to a new position but he's so athletic I won't bet against him.

Might as well go big.

Hyde. Gore gets injured pre-season. Hyde steps up and goes for 1,500 total yards with 9 TD's

Really no idea. Smart money is on a RB, but if it's a WR, I think it'd be someone that is a little under the radar at the moment.

Purely based on opportunity and lack of competition, I could see it being Benjamin or Matthews....or....wait for it...Jarvis Landry.

NetnautX said:
Teddy Bridgewater
Bridgewater is 3rd on the depth chart right now. He may get some starts after the Vikings are 2-6, but I doubt he has enough starts nor has the talent to come close to ROY.

Early word is he is already in the running for the starting job. Norv knows offense. Peterson, Patterson, Jennings, Wright, and Rudolph are decent weapons. Defense is rebuilding so will be playing from behind alot. Seems a more logical choice than Johhny Vegas.

Early word is he is already in the running for the starting job. Norv knows offense. Peterson, Patterson, Jennings, Wright, and Rudolph are decent weapons. Defense is rebuilding so will be playing from behind alot. Seems a more logical choice than Johhny Vegas.
The last 6'2" QB the Vikings took in the first round had a huge smile on his face after week 5 or 6 his rookie year. He was just inserted into the lineup and thought the world was at his fingertips, even though the team was 1-5. He was messing around with reporters in post game interviews and radiating confidence. I saw Ponder's face at the end of last year. It looked more like the face of reason and experience on a player that is fading out of the league.

The NFC North and the NFC West are way too tough for rookie QBs. The fantasy assumption is "don't be afraid to take a QB on a bad team" because the team is going to be down in the 4th quarter and passing a lot (garbage stats). Bridgewater will have to be Kurt Warner elite if he is going to survive in this division. I think he is average, just like Ponder and Cassel and was a wasted draft pick.

Expect the Vikings to be a bottom 10 team in 2014, rotating through QBs and disappointing Cordarelle Patterson fantasy owners.

Users who are viewing this thread