What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Train Conductor kicks kid in head for standing too close to tracks (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Link

Sorry if this is a :honda: I did a search and found nothing.

I was so glad to find out this tool was Canadian, and not American. Because when I first saw it I was sure it was some hipster American kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thought was to ask if an iron boot was used.

My second thought, after opening the link, is that it's Eminence.

As awful as it sounds, the conductor is definitely trying to teach him a lesson. Two points here. One, I have a good friend that is a conductor here in Utah. He says that he is the only one in a large area that has not had multiple people die or commit suicide on their watch, and it is a terrible thing for the conductor to go through. They do all they can to prevent it, but sometimes it just happens.

The second, and this is a bit more poignant, is that I am very close to a family that lost 2 daughters, along with one of their friends, to a train hitting them while they were taking a selfie by the tracks.

LINK

My wife's sister is married to the Webster family above. The two girls were her nieces. They found the camera in the aftermath and saw the photos of the trains just getting there. Pretty haunting.

All of that said, I have no problem with the conductor acting in this way. He was being stupid and deserved the lesson taught.

That's awful MC, and I am also on the conductor's side here.

Hard to believe that the conductor couldn't drop this punk with a clean booted kick to the head and all that momentum from the train.

While I understand the "teach a lesson" thingy, the boot kick could have actually knocked the kid INTO the train. I think the conductor got lucky this time.

The article said it was a drop kick. Did the kid's head bounce on the ground before the kick? If not, it's not a drop kick. However, if it did, it's normally worth 3 points, but I'd give him 10.

TheIronSheik said:
Link

Sorry if this is a :honda: I did a search and found nothing.

I was so glad to find out this tool was Canadian, and not American. Because when I first saw it I was sure it was some hipster American kid.
Looking at this link I'd say the conductor saved his life. In the second still you can see his leg and boot pinched between the kid's head and what looks like a sharp support structure on the train itself. maybe it's the angle but it sure looks like that would have hurt.

edit--cancel that:

The tourist said he wasn’t hurt by the encounter and emphasized that the train was much farther back than the video suggests.

And he doesn't think the conductor saved his life. If he was actually in danger, the very front end of the train would have hit him before the conductor's foot connected with his face.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/teen-snapped-selfie-close-train-speaks-article-1.1759643#ixzz2zFo58WHq

Last edited by a moderator:
DiStefano said:
The article said it was a drop kick. Did the kid's head bounce on the ground before the kick? If not, it's not a drop kick. However, if it did, it's normally worth 3 points, but I'd give him 10.
No, but the conductor did whip him off the ropes first.

TheIronSheik said:
zamboni said:
from Regina, Saskatoon
Looks like the British author of the article is also pretty stupid.
To be fair, no one really pays attention to Canada. :shrug:
Why you gotta be hating on us Canuck brothers, dude?
I gots nothing but love for our neighbor to the north. I kid because I love.
Whew. I thought I was going to have go all jj on you and accuse you of bullying. :highfive:

Users who are viewing this thread