What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texas brewery unveils 99 pack for $99 (1 Viewer)

Wingnut

Footballguy
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/28/texas-brewery-unveils-99-pack-of-beer/

:thumbup:

Love the video of the 2 guys carrying it.

Austin, Texas (CBS HOUSTON) A small Texas brewery unveiled a 99-pack of beer that will bring the more than seven-foot long cases to select stores in the Austin area this week.

Austin Beerworks launched a large social media campaign to announce the creation of a 99-pack of Peacemaker Anytime Ale beer that can be purchased in stores for $99. The launch of the massive, seven-foot long case of beer is set to coincide with the start of school and football season at the University of Texas this weekend.

Were a small brewer, co-founder Michael Graham, told CBS Moneywatch. We only sell in our hometown. Were pretty amazed at how quickly it spread everywhere.

The Peacemaker Anytime Ale is described as a light beer with a slight biscuit/cracker character and a faint aroma of floral and citrus from the Centennial hops. Austin Beerworks took to social media and YouTube to launch the first-ever 99-pack of beer.

Since you can drink it anytime youre going to want to have more than a few on-hand, so we decided to create our first multi-pack, the company says in its YouTube promotion. 99 beers for $99 bucks. Get em while you can. And good luck getting them home. Youre going to need to bring a friend.

Theres only about 20 [cases] to go around this weekend, but well be making more because apparently yall like to party, the brewery posted on its Facebook page. The page also notes that Texas state law prevents breweries from selling directly to consumers and from shipping beer.

Graham said that hes doubtful people will purchase more than one 99-pack, describing the massive case as impractical. He added that the concept began as a joke but costumers appear to be lining up for the product.

We conceived of it just to be silly, but we never thought there would be any real interest from retailers and consumers, Graham told Moneywatch. I guess we underestimated the power of a stupid idea

cans?!?

How can you blow the marketing that badly?
Whats wrong with Cans? 99pack of bottles would be impossible to transport without breakage, not to mention it wouldn't hit the $99 price point.

I would buy one today as well. Any austinites willing to ship? :lol:

cans?!?

How can you blow the marketing that badly?
Whats wrong with Cans? 99pack of bottles would be impossible to transport without breakage, not to mention it wouldn't hit the $99 price point.

I would buy one today as well. Any austinites willing to ship? :lol:
My way comes with its own song, that plays on one of those greeting card chips every time you open the lid. Screw the price point.

The fact that ABW only does cans and kegs is also an important point. I love those guys. I've emailed them twice with customer advice questions and got great responses.

The first time I was having frouble getting a beer out of their holder, which has a funky design. They wrote back and told me it was a safety feature. If I was too drunk to get a beer out, I didn't need it.

The second time I asked them if it was ok if I brought my 3 year old on a brewery tour. They said it was fine but he shouldn't expect special treatment and would only get two free beer tickets just like everyone else.

The fact that ABW only does cans and kegs is also an important point. I love those guys. I've emailed them twice with customer advice questions and got great responses.

The first time I was having frouble getting a beer out of their holder, which has a funky design. They wrote back and told me it was a safety feature. If I was too drunk to get a beer out, I didn't need it.

The second time I asked them if it was ok if I brought my 3 year old on a brewery tour. They said it was fine but he shouldn't expect special treatment and would only get two free beer tickets just like everyone else.
:lmao:

Love them already.

Microbrews doing cans is a big trend right now. Personally, I like a lot of them better out of cans, but I end up drinking them faster.

What's wrong with cans?

Blech! I hate beer in cans - always has a metallic taste.
No it doesn't. If I poured you a glass of canned beer and bottled beer, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
If I am drinking a beer, I am going to either drink it out of the bottle or out of the can, I am not going to take the time to pre-chill a glass in the freezer to pour it into. And if it is in a can, I can taste the metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with cans?

No it doesn't. If I poured you a glass of canned beer and bottled beer, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
If I am drinking a beer, I am going to either drink it out of the bottle or out of the can, I am not going to take the time to pre-chill a glass in the freezer to pour it into. And if it is in a can, I can taste the metal.
The point is that beer from a can tastes the exact same as beer from a bottle. The metallic taste is in your head.

Well technically so is every taste, but you know what I mean.

What's wrong with cans?

The point is that beer from a can tastes the exact same as beer from a bottle. The metallic taste is in your head.

I disagree. Drinking beer from a can is like making out with a 16 year old girl with braces.

What's wrong with cans?

I disagree. Drinking beer from a can is like making out with a 16 year old girl with braces.
Did you find the opposite of the unsure smiley?

What's wrong with cans?

Did you find the opposite of the unsure smiley?
YEah

What's wrong with cans?

I can taste the difference. Perhaps I have a more discriminating palate than those that can't taste any difference at all.

Microbrews doing cans is a big trend right now. Personally, I like a lot of them better out of cans, but I end up drinking them faster.
It's because it's easier to get a canning line going for distribution than it is a bottling line...that's why they're delivering you their product in an inferior container

What's wrong with cans?

I can taste the difference. Perhaps I have a more discriminating palate than those that can't taste any difference at all.
You're not tasting the can, your smelling it. It can affect your enjoyment for sure, but cans don't flavor the beer. Pour it out, and you'll find the canned beer to be better in most cases.

It's because it's easier to get a canning line going for distribution than it is a bottling line...that's why they're delivering you their product in an inferior container
Judges? And a wrong answer
I guess the guy from Rochester Mills lied to me then

Interesting. Well, I figured it wasn't cost prohibitive to can since so many are doing it lately. Cans do keep light from skunking your beer and some claim it keeps it fresh longer.

Interesting. Well, I figured it wasn't cost prohibitive to can since so many are doing it lately. Cans do keep light from skunking your beer and some claim it keeps it fresh longer.
Exactly.

Judges? And a wrong answer
I guess the guy from Rochester Mills lied to me then
He did lie to you

What's wrong with cans?Blech! I hate beer in cans - always has a metallic taste.
The point is that beer from a can tastes the exact same as beer from a bottle. The metallic taste is in your head. Well technically so is every taste, but you know what I mean.
Really? Beer cans are lined with a food grade polymer so there is no aluminum impact with the beer.Discriminating palate?

it would be fun to play a game like Name that Tune with this. I can drink the whole thing in 8 days. I can drink it in 7 days. Drink that beer.

I have this beer mug shaped ice tray and so I usually will freeze beer in it and then drink the beer from a mug made out of the same beer.

Users who are viewing this thread