What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 - Tour de France (1 Viewer)

Bradley Wiggins confirmed this morning that he will not be riding the Tour de France if the defending champion Chris Froome holds his form up to the start of the race in Leeds on 5 July. “As it stands I won’t be there,” the 2012 winner told BBC Breakfast. “The team is focused around Chris Froome who has got a chance of winning his second Tour and it’s been decided to base the team around him.”
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651356/This-Tour-isnt-big-Bradley-Wiggins-blames-rivalry-teammate-Froome-exclusion-opening-stages-race.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Contador is juicing again, so we might actually have a race.

Of course this all just seems like a prelude to next years Froome-Quintana showdown.

Wiggins, IMHO, was ahead of the testing curve and was juiced out of his gourd and will never return to that "form" again.

I say let them all dope!

I am disappointed that Quintana is out this year, but I am totally super excited that Contador is back on the juice!

P.S. who is setting up the Velogames league?

Wiggins, IMHO, was ahead of the testing curve and was juiced out of his gourd and will never return to that "form" again.

I say let them all dope!
just make it part of the competition. Not only do you have to beat the other riders on the course, but you have to not get caught juicing. 2 prong competition.

Its like when the WWE admitted it wasnt real and moved to sports entertainment. Cycling should do the same...

Did anyone catch any of the classics? I missed all of them? Any worth going back and checking out?

Each rider gets a small attachment on the back of their bike that gives them 3 squirts of oil to use strategically.

I would watch that

MC Gas Money said:
Each rider gets a small attachment on the back of their bike that gives them 3 squirts of oil to use strategically.

I would watch that
A couple years ago we had caltrops/tacks thrown out onto the road. Good enough?

MC Gas Money said:

I would watch that
Id much prefer the cyclists have some control over the obstacles but its a start.

P.S. did someone really do this?

MC Gas Money said:

I would watch that
Id much prefer the cyclists have some control over the obstacles but its a start.

yup. Half the peleton flatted.

MC Gas Money said:

I would watch that
Id much prefer the cyclists have some control over the obstacles but its a start.P.S. did someone really do this?
I dont see what italian holiday cake was doing at the tour de france.....

But thats awesome!

I would watch that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rn6egJ9bk

Veloviewer does the TDF climbs this year.

BTW, keep an eye on Stage 2 this year. Supposed to be "pretty flat", but it evidently is just a continuous set of Cat 2-4 climbs over 140 miles. Should be brutal (i.e. fun to watch!)

And Stage 9 - cobbles in the Tour? Why do I think Fabian has that one circled like 3 times?

Man, they took away the option to just punt riders for 4 bucks. I think back when this started they would let you punt guys for 2.

This is pretty damn hard as it is currently constructed.

Man, they took away the option to just punt riders for 4 bucks. I think back when this started they would let you punt guys for 2.

This is pretty damn hard as it is currently constructed.
I'm seeing $4 riders, although they really suck. Agree that this is harder than years past. Maybe because the GC is pretty wide open after the clear choices.

I remember Oracle GE riders tearing it up this year. They'll do well, problem is that none of them really stand out from each other.

Whoever prices riders is getting better each year. Last year there were a bunch of guys I liked that I thought were underpriced. This year, meh.

Oh, I like what pro ninja did with his velogames squad. I'm going to call him the favorite at this point... even with just 8 riders.

Jaysus said:
BassNBrew said:
wdcrob said:
Did Cavendish cause that? Looked like he was leaning in from behind no?
That's the way I see it.
Me too. I'm also thinking broken collarbone.
Why were the TV crew so reluctant to blame him - they were really stepping around it - pretty clear cut when you lean like that on the curve you should get called for it

Jaysus said:
Oh, I like what pro ninja did with his velogames squad. I'm going to call him the favorite at this point... even with just 8 riders.
Kicking myself for not checking the actual team that went to the tour. Oh well. Didn't expect anything out of that spot anyway.

I'm all in this year. Started watching last year for the first time and have found myself sporadically watching more cycling throughout the year. I still don't know 99% of the riders, but I am looking forward to it. I actually knew when it started, too, but missed today's stage.

I went totally different than I did last year. Last year I thought there were really good mid range values and ended up with Talansky, Mollema, Costa, and a few others so I only had one high priced guy in Froome.

This year, I just didn't see those guys out there. So I went top heavy with what I thought were the 3 most sure things in the race - Froome, Contador, and Sagan. Now, granted, if any of those guys goes out, I'm toast. While Pinot/Ten Dam/Rogers could get me some points, they aren't going to carry me. Hopefully a couple of my cheap guys hit and pop for 500 points or so, but really I've got a 3 man team.

Users who are viewing this thread