What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you getting for Josh Gordon now? (1 Viewer)

Was traded straight up for Denard this week. a RB desperate team looking for lightning in a bottle, I guess.

I'm sitting pretty where I have him, so I'm not looking to move him. I feel like any team that is playoff bound would have a much higher price than Shoelace.

Wow, moving him for Denard, after holding him this long, seems crazy. I'm sitting at 4-3 in the league I have him with the second most points, so I'm holding. I have a ton of WR depth in that league, so I'll probably trade either him or someone else the week he comes back. Trading now isn't worth it, imo.

Own him in all the leagues Im in and not looking to move him unless someone really comes big with an offer. Dude is gonna get 12-15 target a game.

I feel like he's un-tradeable (sp?) if you held this long.

Enjoy your respective championships, especially if a WR slot is the final push you need to get you over the top.

Not even trying to be a humble brag, he's going in my flex. Putting a top-tier (if he performs like 2013) WR in your flex is a championship winner. That is, if the rest of your team got you there to the playoffs without him to the point of Week 12 and you're just tacking him onto your lineup.

Im getting a boner, is about all.

Week 12 cant come soon enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Had him in several leagues. Traded him in 1 league 2 days ago. League is dynasty, ppr. Gave Gordon, Allen hurns and my 2015 1st. I'm currently 5-1. Got Odell Beckham, Jordan Mathews, and Jerrick Mckinnon. I have solid starting wr's but could really use the depth.

Had him in several leagues. Traded him in 1 league 2 days ago. League is dynasty, ppr. Gave Gordon, Allen hurns and my 2015 1st. I'm currently 5-1. Got Odell Beckham, Jordan Mathews, and Jerrick Mckinnon. I have solid starting wr's but could really use the depth.
Now that seems like a good deal for both sides

Teams that have been holding Gordon but have an outside shot at the playoffs need to look into moving him soon.

Teams that have been holding Gordon but have an outside shot at the playoffs need to look into moving him soon.
This is a completely reasonable statement. Gordon can carry your playoff team to a title ... but for that to happen you have to, you know, make the playoffs.

I've got Gordon in 3 of my 5 leagues and I'm 3-4 in two of them. I'm openly shopping him in those two - I would much rather get two solid months of an RB2 or WR2-type with upside (McKinnon, Floyd, Vereen in a PPR) than have the prettiest-looking 6-7 team in league history.

My WR will be Jordy and Gordon (replaces G. Tate) and my RB are Murray and Charles. If I don't win the championship with this team, I'm out for good.

With his return about a month away and my teams looking pretty good in the standings, I am looking to acquire Gordon for an end of year push. I want to trade some of my depth for him and luckily he is held by teams that are not in very good shape fantasy-wise in my leagues. I am trying to figure out how much I should be offering for a potential stud.

Please post any offers you have made, received or trades made here.

I've been holding Gordon since the announcement was made like week 2 that he'll be back in week 12.

I have Calvin and D. Thomas so I can afford to trade him as we get closer to week 12.

I would want a solid player in return for last year's #1 WR. Especially since I've been holding him so long.

I may even wait until he blows up against ATL so he has a higher value than trading him now. So, for you I would get him now before week 12.

I've been holding Gordon since the announcement was made like week 2 that he'll be back in week 12.

I have Calvin and D. Thomas so I can afford to trade him as we get closer to week 12.

I would want a solid player in return for last year's #1 WR. Especially since I've been holding him so long.
I thought that would be the thought process. You dont hold a guy for two months and then give him away for nothing. So what would you consider solid? I have depth so I was thinking about sending a low RB1/high RB2 in addition to a low end WR2/highWR3 with upside.

The issue I am having is that although I feel the offers are fair, they are not necessarily "names". Looking at offering RB12-RB14 in ppg and WR24-28 ppg for Gordon.

Would that be enough to interest you if you were say, a 3-4 team?

Are both players going to be starting for the Gordon team? How many teams, what's their records, does the Gordon team have a team that can win consistently in your league, is the sense that they have a good shot 50/50 to make the playoffs? All this plays into the value of Gordon.

If the team thinks they really don't have a chance to win weekly they likely will let him go for less. In my mind I am not letting him go in either of my leagues for less than WR1 value. Look at your top 5 WR and what it would take to get them is what it would take to get Gordon. Actually its very similar to Calvin Johnson and AJ Green value as both of those players are actually banged up but might come back sooner.

isnt the point of FF to win the playoffs?

so why the hell would you even CONSIDER trading him away?
If you were currently a 3-4 team in danger of missing the playoffs, what good does sitting on a guy for another month? Once he comes back if you are out of contention, he does you no good. In addition, week 10 has crippled alot of teams as far as bye weeks. If you can give value (which I am trying to gague) and help the team improve for the next month, why wouldn't you trade him?

You can't win a championship if you aren't in the playoffs. (at least in my league)

First of all you would have to trade him to a team with a good record... 5-2 or better. For WRs, you're obviously not gonna get someone as good for him (cuz why the hell would anyone trade you equal value for him now). For RBs youd probably get a RB2 for him. But RBs are so hard to come by I doubt youd even get a Ben Tate or Lamar Miller for him. I put him on the block in my league (Im 4-3) and didnt receive a single offer. Ill just hold and hope Im .500 by the time he comes back. Also, most trade deadlines have past by week 12. Mine is week 10. Meaning if Im 5-4 or 6-3 Im holding. If Im 4-5 I mght make a desperation trade.

I've been holding him since week one as well, and it would take 2007 Randy Moss to get him. The way I see it at this point, I'm all in on Josh Gordon

Are both players going to be starting for the Gordon team? How many teams, what's their records, does the Gordon team have a team that can win consistently in your league, is the sense that they have a good shot 50/50 to make the playoffs? All this plays into the value of Gordon.

If the team thinks they really don't have a chance to win weekly they likely will let him go for less. In my mind I am not letting him go in either of my leagues for less than WR1 value. Look at your top 5 WR and what it would take to get them is what it would take to get Gordon. Actually its very similar to Calvin Johnson and AJ Green value as both of those players are actually banged up but might come back sooner.
In both league the Gordon owners are 3-4. I look at their teams and don't know if I would consider them likely to make the playoffs. The RB I would trade him would start every week for him in my mind. The WR would at least give him a decision to make at flex every week and help in the bye.

I dont think and wouldn't offer elite WR1 value for him, but that's just me. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm 5-2 in a league but needed WR help. A 3-4 team offered me Gordon for Tre Mason. I already have Murray, Bradshaw, Lacy, and Ingram so I accepted the offer.

I'm 5-2 in a league but needed WR help. A 3-4 team offered me Gordon for Tre Mason. I already have Murray, Bradshaw, Lacy, and Ingram so I accepted the offer.
In my opinion, that was a steal. I think I am offering more than that. Seems like there is going to be a huge variance in value. I would not have dreamed he would go for that little. I think I would have given any of your backs listed except Murray.

Just my guess but I think that generally most people with Gordon view him as a WR1 a month away from playing. If you find a team that is in a battle for a playoff spot and they are battling some injuries that they might be willing to part with him for a WR2 type player plus a swap of another player that helps improve them some. I don't see Gordon coming very cheaply from teams that have been holding him for weeks already.

Just my guess but I think that generally most people with Gordon view him as a WR1 a month away from playing. If you find a team that is in a battle for a playoff spot and they are battling some injuries that they might be willing to part with him for a WR2 type player plus a swap of another player that helps improve them some. I don't see Gordon coming very cheaply from teams that have been holding him for weeks already.
"If" values and related performance hold to last season, it's nearing the point of trading for a hobbled Megatron in trying to acquire Gordon now.

I see the value now nearing that point, in that you're trading for a player someone invested a very high pick in for redraft who has been held back by injury (Calvin), compared against someone who has been held back by suspension via violation of league drug policy (Gordon).

Both players come with built-in risk: How much the injury lingers (Calvin) and how much rust needs to be shaken off (Gordon). We know the upside of both players, when performing at 100%. Calvin has just clearly done it for longer, so he's going to cost more. But, we're starting to near a point, based upon 2014 season situations, where the market values for both shouldn't be too, too far from one another for the 2014 stretch run based upon my above points.

Living the dream. Trade a 3rd round pick for Gordon in my one league and have had Gordon all year in my other. In first place in both leagues. He will be replacing Andre Johnson in one starting lineup and either Vincent Jackson or Michael Floyd in my other.

"If" values and related performance hold to last season, it's nearing the point of trading for a hobbled Megatron in trying to acquire Gordon now.

I see the value now nearing that point, in that you're trading for a player someone invested a very high pick in for redraft who has been held back by injury (Calvin), compared against someone who has been held back by suspension via violation of league drug policy (Gordon).

Both players come with built-in risk: How much the injury lingers (Calvin) and how much rust needs to be shaken off (Gordon). We know the upside of both players, when performing at 100%. Calvin has just clearly done it for longer, so he's going to cost more. But, we're starting to near a point, based upon 2014 season situations, where the market values for both shouldn't be too, too far from one another for the 2014 stretch run based upon my above points.
I guess I am viewing this similar to a draft. He is going to miss about the first half of the season remaining. If you knew Calvin, AJ, etc were GUARANTEED to miss half the season, you would not value them the same as you did not knowthing the future, except in this case with Gordon, we do. I can't see setting his value as high as Calvin who, in my opinion, misses no more than one more game plus his bye week. 2/9ths ( and possibly just his bye week). Where you know for certain that Gordon is going to miss 4/9ths of the season, granted the 5 games he will play are very important.

That's what makes trades so hard to get done sometimes. Wildly different opinions about player values. Good points by alot of people. Thank you.

I owned Gordon in all 5 of my leagues.

I had to trade him away in one of my leagues that I was slipping out of the playoff picture. I traded him to a playoff bound team for Michael Floyd. I needed immediate help at WR and with Palmer back at the helm, he can deliver the WR2/3 value now to get me into the playoffs. It was a tough decision but I traded him out of desperation since Megatron has been hurting me and the trade deadline was this week.

All of the other leagues, I'm running with Gordon and I'm in great shape to make the playoffs.

I'm salivating at my WR corps during the playoffs:

AJ/Gordon (x2) D. Thomas/Gordon, TY / Gordon. Also, I get to GRONK all over my competition!!! :football:

I just hope he returns to form quickly and Hoyer finds him.

I guess I am viewing this similar to a draft. He is going to miss about the first half of the season remaining. If you knew Calvin, AJ, etc were GUARANTEED to miss half the season, you would not value them the same as you did not knowthing the future, except in this case with Gordon, we do. I can't see setting his value as high as Calvin who, in my opinion, misses no more than one more game plus his bye week. 2/9ths ( and possibly just his bye week). Where you know for certain that Gordon is going to miss 4/9ths of the season, granted the 5 games he will play are very important.

That's what makes trades so hard to get done sometimes. Wildly different opinions about player values. Good points by alot of people. Thank you.
100% with you in terms of draft vs. now point-in-time. But, here we are.

Now, I'd say Calvin is still a more expensive commodity, but the gap between Calvin's pre-draft price and Gordon and the gap in price now is much, much smaller.

Meaning, Calvin would command a low-WR1/high-WR2 if the Calvin owner wants to sell based upon injury risk, and Gordon would command a high-WR2 if the Gordon owner wants to sell to make the playoffs with a now-high-WR2 over the next few weeks to win matchups where they can't use Gordon, like a 3-4 team.

HULLOBUDMAN said:
John 14:6 said:
In my opinion, that was a steal. I think I am offering more than that. Seems like there is going to be a huge variance in value. I would not have dreamed he would go for that little. I think I would have given any of your backs listed except Murray.
I hope you're right! I'm pretty high on Mason, who I picked up off waivers the week before, but thought I should take the deal given his upcoming schedule and my lack of RB depth.

I had actually been trying to acquire TY Hilton all day from someone else before receiving the Gordon offer. The Hilton owner first offered me a deal including Roddy White for Lacy. I think my best offer at one point was Mason, Ingram, and my 1st for Hilton, but he declined...

HULLOBUDMAN said:
mquinnjr said:
Warhogs said:

What would you rather have:

Top 5 WR - Suspended for 5 weeks and coming back 100%

Top 5 WR - Injured and unknown timetable and if he will be the same this year (ankles/toes can be re-injured pretty easy with one wrong twist)

I see the risk lower actually with Gordon than I do with AJ Green or Calvin Johnson. The only risk Gordon has is getting thrown to but if he is truly elite physically like it seems most believe he will get his. AJ Green and Calvin Johnson have the risk of re-injuring their toe/ankle which will likely never be 100% this year.

In one league I am holding Nelson/Green/Gordon so I am just hoping Green gets healthy before the playoff run and that Gordon comes back and is not ignored in the gameplan (which I highly doubt).

My own personal view is that we are at the point in the season where I think Gordon may be over priced already. I would be interested in hearing more trades but I think he would be getting expensive and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gordon struggle to get in sync with his team.

My own personal view is that we are at the point in the season where I think Gordon may be over priced already. I would be interested in hearing more trades but I think he would be getting expensive and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Gordon struggle to get in sync with his team.
I agree this thread is an echo chamber of those high on Gordon. I dont think he's a slam dunk and ive been offered him relatively cheap, but ill stick with Calvin, cobb, sammy over Gordon.

Yeah, if I had those receivers I'd stick with them too. This week I'm debating which two of terrence Williams, Andre Holmes, Andrew Hawkins, Brian quick, Mike Evans, and Louis Murphy to start. I need the WR upgrade for the playoffs...

I was offered Benjamin for him yesterday in Dynasty. I rejected with little consideration.
I'd have taken that deal.
As an owner of both, I would have rejected too. Gordon obviously holds more suspension concerns, but in dynasty, he's higher on my rankings than Benjamin. There's a jumble of great WR's in dynasty that include Calvin, Dez, DT, Julio, and Green. I'd put Gordon with those guys...I would not put Benjamin.

I was offered Benjamin for him yesterday in Dynasty. I rejected with little consideration.
Yeah, even under the new rules (as I understand them) another failed drug test is 1 year. Cut and run for Kelvin in a dynasty format in a cocaine heartbeat.
insane.

unless you're getting dez, julio, demariyus, you hold gordon in a safer place than your own nuts

Yeah, even under the new rules (as I understand them) another failed drug test is 1 year. Cut and run for Kelvin in a dynasty format in a cocaine heartbeat.
insane.

unless you're getting dez, julio, demariyus, you hold gordon in a safer place than your own nuts
I don't see Kelvin far off the mark of those guys - IF he keeps getting better - at some point in the future.

He comes with a whole lot less risk of being suspended for a season with that future upside than does Gordon.

I like Gordon's potential/talent as much as you, but framed around dynasty as opposed to 2014 re-draft, this is a completely different discussion.

insane.

I don't see Kelvin far off the mark of those guys - IF he keeps getting better - at some point in the future.

He comes with a whole lot less risk of being suspended for a season with that future upside than does Gordon.

I like Gordon's potential/talent as much as you, but framed around dynasty as opposed to 2014 re-draft, this is a completely different discussion.
Sorry, I do. Those guys are complete WRs. Kelvin is a monster red zone threat but thats about it right now and I dont think he'll ever have the speed to be one of those guys. Right now hes overpowering people but he cant make defenders miss or outrun then. They are in different classes.

Users who are viewing this thread