What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting RG3 this weekend over ________? (1 Viewer)

Archer

Footballguy
Who is starting him Sunday vs the Vikings, and what QB are you benching?

I have RG3 and either Rivers or Foles in most of my FF leagues. Can't decide if I have the stones to start him in any leagues this weekend. What are you sharks doing?

Starting him over Palmer and Alex Smith in two separate leagues. I think Palmer may outscore him this week but I like rg3 ros over matt ryan who i have on both teams.

He'll probably start this week, but I'm not sure I'd start him right away -- even though Gruden said he wouldn't start until he's ready, game conditions are very different from practice. Foles seems like a reasonable start this week.

Still, I'd pick up RGIII if I could and start him after the Redskins' bye week if he looks good (and he should be even healthier after the bye).

Over Colt McCoy.

In all seriousness I'm not sure if I'm going RG or Palmer myself. Griffin is likely forcing himself back sooner than he should be leave me with doubts though.

Coming off an injury and playing @ a scrappy MN playing well on D doesn't seem that appealing.

Think that people are forgetting that even before this injury we hadn't seen the original RG III in some time.

I have Rodgers on bye, so rolling with him fresh off waivers over Palmer, Tannehill and other waiver wire guys.

Am I missing something? RG3 has been an awful under Jay Gruden. His preseason was a mess. He turned into a check down Charlie in game one. Then he got hurt. I'd put Palmer way ahead of him. Tannehill has some nice upside. I put RG3 just above Bridgewater and Bortles. He is learning how to be a pocket QB this year. It is going to be a bumpy ride. This is not read option, college style RG3 from his rookie year.

Am I missing something? RG3 has been an awful under Jay Gruden. His preseason was a mess. He turned into a check down Charlie in game one. Then he got hurt. I'd put Palmer way ahead of him. Tannehill has some nice upside. I put RG3 just above Bridgewater and Bortles. He is learning how to be a pocket QB this year. It is going to be a bumpy ride. This is not read option, college style RG3 from his rookie year.
You're not the one missing something in this thread.

I considered grabbing and starting him over Eli (I also have Romo, but I'm going to bench him this week even if he plays). Even prior to the injury, he was playing poorly, so I'm not comfortable starting him coming off an injury.

With Rodgers on bye, am starting him over the other waiver wire possibilities named Vick/bortles/hoyer/bridgewater/glennon/Carr. Why not right? Contemplated Vick but he's a turnover machine.

Struggling with RG3 or Dalton (2nd QB in a superflex league). At first the Dalton vs. Jax matchup looks good but Jax D has play pretty solid vs QB's over the past few weeks....

When I know 100% he is starting he'll be in over over Bortles and Flacco. No matter what he'll sit behind Cam and Brady.

Only one I'm undecided is between him and Eli, but leaning Eli.

Starting him in a superflex league over some unimpressive non-QB flex options. If I had another QB with a pulse, I'd happily give RG3 a week to show me that he can play.

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

I have Cutler on bye and I'm starting Alex Smith. Not RG3.

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

I love blanket statements. I am starting him over Matt Ryan. Do I have amnesia?

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

You have a QB on a bye.

Dropped RGIII, still a FA in my league. I have Palmer and will gladly start him.

Palmers ceiling might be 250/2/0 but his floor is not too far from that either.

RGIIIs floor is like 125/0/2. And I've seen NOTHING so far this season to make me think he is capable of having a ceiling higher than Palmer.

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

No, but I find it unlikely that there isn't a better option on your WW.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one. I picked him up off waivers yesterday to backup Russel Wilson. I figure he's a low-risk, high-upside waiver wire add. He's a got a few plus match ups, but this week isn't one of them.

Not saying RG3 is a lock to do great but for those that watched the second game, before he got hurt, he had several nice runs and a beautiful deep ball to DeSean that should have been ruled a catch. There were glimpses of promise until the injury

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

But that's exactly the point isn't it? What is on my waiver wire? What are my other options? What is the opportunity cost in making that move?

This board is filled with one line pot shots that do little to shine any perspective on the situation. Rather than a "I am starting Player X over _____" post, how about a Why I am starting Player X in my league. I just get tired of the same old worn track with most of these threads. There are a lot of very smart posters here, but I am much more interested in WHY they made a certain decision than a hundred posts about players without context.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic here please disregard and continue...

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

Not amnesia but perspective. Game one was just that, game one. And keeping in mind it was his first real game in a new offense and they struggled big time with pass protection and he still had a solid game, just not spectacular or very good for fantasy.

Week two was a tiny sample size but what little we saw looked entirely different than game one and had the makings of the old RG3.

Those of us that own Romo and grabbed RGIII off the wire, playing against Tampa during Dallas's week 11 bye, may be forced to start him (or willingly choose to do so). Romo is a game time decision :topcat: . That is the boat I am in but i am still leaning towards Romo.

menobrown said:
kyoun1e said:
discountdoublecheck said:
Exactly.

People have amnesia.

Not amnesia but perspective. Game one was just that, game one. And keeping in mind it was his first real game in a new offense and they struggled big time with pass protection and he still had a solid game, just not spectacular or very good for fantasy.

Week two was a tiny sample size but what little we saw looked entirely different than game one and had the makings of the old RG3.
Also, game one was against Houston. They were all over him and he still put up 267 yards. That is almost Palmer's ceiling. The problem was he didn't have any TDs or rushing yards. Then game two he was throwing and running well. Then he got hurt.

Palmer is fine. He won't win a week for you and he probably won't lose it either. RG's floor is about the same but his ceiling is much higher.

Those of us that own Romo and grabbed RGIII off the wire, playing against Tampa during Dallas's week 11 bye, may be forced to start him (or willingly choose to do so). Romo is a game time decision :topcat: . That is the boat I am in but i am still leaning towards Romo.
I'm in this boat as well, had planned on using RGIII in week 11. I also have Fitzpatrick on my bench as a 3rd option against PHI. Romo

is tough but the worst case scenario of him starting (and me starting him) and then getting hit/knocked out of the game has me a bit freaked

out. You know after the WAS game they are going to turn up the blitz.

A-rod on bye, starting RGIII over Bortles in one league. a lot of my key players are on bye so I'm swinging for the fences.

debating starting RGIII over Eli, but think I'll go with Eli and see how RGIII does on my bench for this week.

If I start him, I'm starting him over Romo and Bridgewater.

I'm a bit surprised at all the projections for him this week, however. Minnesota brings some pressure.

At the moment, still leaning Bridgewater. So close.

Exactly.

People have amnesia.

But that's exactly the point isn't it? What is on my waiver wire? What are my other options? What is the opportunity cost in making that move?

This board is filled with one line pot shots that do little to shine any perspective on the situation. Rather than a "I am starting Player X over _____" post, how about a Why I am starting Player X in my league. I just get tired of the same old worn track with most of these threads. There are a lot of very smart posters here, but I am much more interested in WHY they made a certain decision than a hundred posts about players without context.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic here please disregard and continue...
Opportunity cost? Lol.

What were you going to do with the 5 seconds it takes to pick him up off waivers, oh yeah respond twice to this thread.

You really need someone to explain to you why its not good to start a running qb back from injury, who wasn't playing well before being hurt? Now he's less than 100%, may not be able to run effectively, will be rusty from not playing and hasn't shown that he can pass well enough to be a fantasy starter at the best of times. Sorry, but this isn't a secret, you really don't know this already?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting the Vikings defense as my number one stream this week. Perfect storm brewing this week for the Vikings D :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread