What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ghostbusters, All Girl Cast (1 Viewer)

The Ghostbusters as women is

• Good

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 81 50.3%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 50 31.1%

• Total voters
Not really a remake if its called Ghostbusters 3 is it? That being said, i like the idea. Should be funny with the two leads involved.

If it was original, cool. Done as a remake with a purposeful all lady cast? Seems too forced IMO.

Side note: not a McCarthy fan at all.

Are there no new ideas in Hollywood....come on. I just saw an article that they are going to remake Indiana Jones....hope these all flop.

great job ruining a franchise hollywood.
I'm not sure 2 movies from 25 years is really some great franchise. The second one wasn't very good anyway. Lighten up.
the first is a top 5 movie from the 80s easy and doesn't need to be remade or anything. it's a classic example of a movie that ages perfectly. I expect a better opinion from someone named I luv80s
I love Ghostbusters. The second one wasn't so good. I have no issue with this recasting.

Seems like people are complaining about two different things:

(1) that there's going to be a new Ghostbusters movie with a different cast; and

(2) that the cast is all women.

For people that are complaining about (1), get over yourself. It's freaking Ghostbusters, not the Godfather.

For people complaining about (2), I'm not really sure if it would be better with, I don't know, Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd in the lead. At least this is something different.

There's also Black Annie now.

The mother####in' sun'll come out, tomorrow, bet your mother####in' bottom dollar that, tomorrow, they'll be mother####in' sun...

Hollywood is out of ideas.
America is full of morons who like what is familiar. There are plenty of good ideas coming out of "Hollywood." Abd there would be more if Gomer and his Gomette would stop going and paying to see ####ty movie after ####ty movie and lining up 300 million dollar paydays for the people making them. This has nothing to do with the state of the talent pool in "Hollywood." And I generally wait to see what a product is before weighing in, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
##### this ... makes me sick. If they really wanted some cash? Call up the OLD crew - throw huge money at Bill Murray and the rest of the crew to come back. THAT would be a great movie/money grab.

I will not watch this abortion starring that hog McCarthy

##### this ... makes me sick. If they really wanted some cash? Call up the OLD crew - throw huge money at Bill Murray and the rest of the crew to come back. THAT would be a great movie/money grab.

I will not watch this abortion starring that hog McCarthy
I wonder how much it will take to get Egon in?

McGarnicle said:
There's also Black Annie now.

The mother####in' sun'll come out, tomorrow, bet your mother####in' bottom dollar that, tomorrow, they'll be mother####in' sun...
:lmao:

Female cast for Ghostbusters could work, I would rather watch a new one with the old cast though, but absolutely will not pay money to see McCarthy in anything, she destroys potentially decent movies.

America is full of morons who like what is familiar. There are plenty of good ideas coming out of "Hollywood." Abd there would be more if Gomer and his Gomette would stop going and paying to see ####ty movie after ####ty movie and lining up 300 million dollar paydays for the people making them. This has nothing to do with the state of the talent pool in "Hollywood." And I generally wait to see what a product is before weighing in, anyway.
:shrug: I thought the 21 Jump Street reboots were hilarious.

those arent necessarily reboots

those arent necessarily reboots
Yeah, I guess there's that category of movies that are more like quasi spoof-parody-reboots (21 Jump Street, Starsky and Hutch).

I don't get the hate. I'd say 50/50 this ends up being pretty good. If it does, great. If it doesn't, it will be panned so hard that I'll know in advance not to see it. Kinda a win/win.

Kate McKinnon is funny, but they should replace at least two of other three with Kate Upton and Scarlett Johansson to cover the required topless scenes.

Sometimes remakes work. See Batman. And the original Batman was darn good early in the series, before it completely fell apart.

I generally do not find women funny. That is particularly true of fat women. No apologies, just how I am.
Fat women are funny when they tip over and can't get back up and they just lay there on the sidewalk with their arms and legs splayed out and passersby spin them around and around like the Wheel of Fortune just for fun.

I'll pile on and say I don't get the hate. Kristen Wiig is hilareous. Yes, she has done some unfunny stuff on SNL, but who hasn't?

And yes, McCarthy is a one trick pony, but that trick can be good. I don't know how anyone can watch the out takes from the end of "This is 40" and not this she is funny.

I'll pile on and say I don't get the hate. Kristen Wiig is hilareous. Yes, she has done some unfunny stuff on SNL, but who hasn't?

And yes, McCarthy is a one trick pony, but that trick can be good. I don't know how anyone can watch the out takes from the end of "This is 40" and not this she is funny.
I think this is spot on. McCarthy can't carry a movie (The Heat and Identity Thief were both terrible, and that other movie I never saw where she destroys a McDonald's looked bad as well), but in smaller parts and cameos, she can be pretty good.

I generally do not find women funny. That is particularly true of fat women. No apologies, just how I am.
Fat women are funny when they tip over and can't get back up and they just lay there on the sidewalk with their arms and legs splayed out and passersby spin them around and around like the Wheel of Fortune just for fun.
I can certainly understand the potential humor in this, but having once fallen, and been mistaken myself for a fat women, and then having been spun repeatedly myself by some fairly cruel children, I have a tough time finding the humor. I am not a merry-go-round you damn kids!

Users who are viewing this thread