What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WTF - TE Dante Rosario already 2TDs for Chargers (1 Viewer)

ISUDESTROYERS

Footballguy
What happened to Randy McMichael being the backup? Regardless, what is the scouting report regarding Dante Rosario moving forward? Never heard of the guy and his makeup/potential.

Thoughts?

What happened to Randy McMichael being the backup? Regardless, what is the scouting report regarding Dante Rosario moving forward? Never heard of the guy and his makeup/potential.

Thoughts?
OP, tell us what you think watching the game, what are YOU seeing watching it? You think he's a one week flash in the pan, real deal causing the emergence of future 2 TE sets for the Chargers offense moving forward? What makes you think such is the case? I'm not watching myself, so I'd want to hear what Chargers fans/others watching this game on ST are thinking.

This guy could be fantasy gold if/when Gates is out any length of time. What do you think is waiver wife value should be in a league if you have 1000 waiver dollars to spend.

Thoughts?

This guy could be fantasy gold if/when Gates is out any length of time. What do you think is waiver wife value should be in a league if you have 1000 waiver dollars to spend.

Thoughts?
Even if Gates is out for any length of time, he's probably blown his wad. He's been in the league for several years, and hasn't ever been a consistent FF force. I don't see that changing. If you have no other options at TE (& depending on who's on the WW), he could be worth a PU.

He was with the Panthers for a number of years, and would occasionally flash... but he always reverted back to just being another player.

He may be useful if Gates is out, but there is a reason you didn't know who he was prior to yesterday. I wouldn't buy him, personally. If you own gates and the options are weak though, I suppose he is worth taking a shot on.

I think the only teams that should be interested in him are teams that have Gates and no other good TE - the advantage even over some better TE is that he could always be subbed in for Gates if/when he misses more games (which he will but nobody knows when).

But I might wait to see the severity of his (slight I think) injury yesterday

as some have said he has been a career journeyman who just happened to have been targetted in the redzone and capitalized on those opportunities... to me he looks a little bit like scott chandler when he burst onto the scene last year with a high % of TD catches... if you want spend some FAAB but i wouldnt go crazy, he looks like a serious boom or bust pick up

Just watching the Chargers, you can tell Rivers is getting tired of guys not stepping up and making plays.

IMO, he's running a get in or get left behind ship this year more than ever. I could really see this guy sticking. Gates can't be a consistent option, McMichael was done before he was even signed.

Let's see if Rosario can continue to capitalize on his chance. :popcorn:

He was with the Panthers for a number of years, and would occasionally flash... but he always reverted back to just being another player. He may be useful if Gates is out, but there is a reason you didn't know who he was prior to yesterday. I wouldn't buy him, personally. If you own gates and the options are weak though, I suppose he is worth taking a shot on.
You can't really go by his time with Carolina. John Fox was terrible developing tight ends. They were glorified linemen who had hands that "might" touch a football. Kid had decent hands, but we never threw to the TE. Pretty athletic. Made some really great catches, but would then blow the easy one. Not much of a blocker, so was pretty one dimensional.

He was with the Panthers for a number of years, and would occasionally flash... but he always reverted back to just being another player. He may be useful if Gates is out, but there is a reason you didn't know who he was prior to yesterday. I wouldn't buy him, personally. If you own gates and the options are weak though, I suppose he is worth taking a shot on.
You can't really go by his time with Carolina. John Fox was terrible developing tight ends. They were glorified linemen who had hands that "might" touch a football. Kid had decent hands, but we never threw to the TE. Pretty athletic. Made some really great catches, but would then blow the easy one. Not much of a blocker, so was pretty one dimensional.
I recall when he was with the Panthers he passed the eyeball test for me and I always filed his name away. Just seemed like he never had an opportunity. This could be it. Might try to take a flier on him.

Rosario is a product of Norv's offense. The offense never changes even with injuries, so Rosario was running all of Gates routes and he ran them well. The titans tried to take the WRs away by playing the safeties over the top so he just beat single coverage repeatedly.

McMichael is the blocking TE for the team an really doesn't play much of a roll in passing routes.

Going forward, Rosario would be a good backup to own if Gates isn't starting, but I wouldnt expect him to put up these numbers ever again. Gates should play this upcoming week though, so I would probably hold off on a waive claim unless you just need his handcuff.

Don't expect Norv to go crazy and use Rosario and Gates. It won't happen. He'll play only if Gates is out or needs a breather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosario is a product of Norv's offense. The offense never changes even with injuries, so Rosario was running all of Gates routes and he ran them well. The titans tried to take the WRs away by playing the safeties over the top so he just beat single coverage repeatedly.McMichael is the blocking TE for the team an really doesn't play much of a roll in passing routes. Going forward, Rosario would be a good backup to own if Gates isn't starting, but I wouldnt expect him to put up these numbers ever again. Gates should play this upcoming week though, so I would probably hold off on a waive claim unless you just need his handcuff.Don't expect Norv to go crazy and use Rosario and Gates. It won't happen. He'll play only if Gates is out or needs a breather.
I agree across the board.The production wasn't a result of Rosario blossoming into an all-pro, or suddenly becoming Rivers favorite new target. TEN simply didn't put much focus on stopping him and Rivers throws to the open guy. At one point in that game I think Rivers had completed exactly 6 passes to the RB, TE, and WR it just so happens that Rosario was the open guy in the redzone. Personally, I'd like to see Ladarius Green get more opportunities when Gates is out. Maybe when some of the time tested offensive weapons return to the offense (Gaither/Mathews/Brown) then Norv will give the rookie a little more time.

Norv isn't very rookie friendly on offense. His playbook requires precise route running and timing. If Norv isn't forced to play Green because of injury, I don't think he'll get many plays. He looked good on his one reception though!

Users who are viewing this thread