What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Rookie LBs, bust or value plays? (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
Last yrs LBs class was seen as better than avg (atleast some hyped it like that) and for the most part they bombed.

Olgetree - very Impress rookie season and is seriously over valued.

A. Brown - failed to impress leading Bal to draft a 1st round LB in Mosley, Brown is now buried on the depth chart and needs to wait for Smith to move on.

Minter - if you drafted him you knew you had to wait a yr or 2 for him to reach the starting line up. However he only had 4 tackles last yr and couldn't get anytime of role craved out for him in the season. Well 2014 is here and hes pretty much Zona only choice at starting ILB but theres no fluff pieces about him plus now hes injuried. Major red flag IMO.

M Teo - injuried all yr last yr and failed to impress, slowed by foot injury and now has a foot injury again. Again, no fluff pieces and quiet camp.

J Bostic - was throw into line up last due to injuries but only looked so-so, reportly missed a lot of tackles. This yr often injuried DJ Williams is brought in to compete w/ Bostic for MLB, IMO DJ will get the MLB until hes KO'd.

Besides Olgetree, whats the feeling on these 2nd yr players... got the feeling that if they don't impress by mid-season they will be waiver wire filler.

Ogletree - like him and agree his value makes acquisition almost impossible right now

Brown - doesn't look good situation. Expect him to start hitting the wires just before season kick off - especially in leagues with cut downs

Minter - I had big hopes here. His injury looks like all or nothing ie his season could be ruined by it or he will be back in a couple of weeks. He is a hold until he gets on the field and we can define where the organization sees him or a cut if he heads to IR

Teo - I'm not sure. I'm holding in one league, but he was a waiver wire addition so it cost me nothing. Might be 2015 before he really progresses.

Bostic - I think he is pushing DJ williams. If he is available or becomes available I would grab him. The opportunity might comes his way soon and I think he is ready to take it.

Brown - swiiing and-a-miss, no real reason to hold him outside of the deepest of leagues unless maybe you're the Mosley or Smith owner. Being the Smith owner I am watching the Brown owner's actions very attentively. He may not be second in line even if Smith gets hurt though.

Ogletree - Depending on how you roster currently looks, may be a good time to sell. You don't necessarily have to do it now because with that line in front of him he is still going to be making plays all over the place, but something to keep in mind as the year goes on if you end up with a wealth of LB's; just don't trade him to a contender. I don't think he's a top 10 LB, but he's being valued as one.

Minter - I'm getting anxious. I didn't expect anything last year, but after Dansby went elsewhere I thought I had a LB3 and a lot more once Washington got suspended. Really liked this kid coming out, but not a whole lot of buzz right now. Watching, but I'm no longer considering starting him week 1. Gotta see it first.

Te'o - has been what I thought he'd be, although the injury keeps that opinion in pencil rather than ink. Gotta play passing downs to have value and I don't think he will barring injury.

Bostic - this guy is a mess, a lot of athletic ability but functional football IQ doesn't seem to be there. Light switch needs to turn on, fast.

Still on the watch list - Jelani Jenkins, Nico Johnson

No longer on the watch list - Vince Williams, Kevin Reddick

And who could forget Kiko? Gonna miss you, buddy...

I play in big play leagues, and am swimming like a shark around Jarvis Jones and Barkevious Mingo.

Mingo, in particular.

Not sure if this warrants its own thread, so I'm stashing it here.

@cianf is roasting Ogletree (and Laurinaitis) on his timeline right now, apparently they were both horrendous this weekend. Same stuff from Ogletree as it's always been. Get hands on him and he's done for, over aggressive, bad angles, poor play recognition, etc. Didn't watch the game and wasn't sure if it would hit my Rewind queue this week, but this is confirming that it won't. Tough time to try to sell him given his stats weeks 1 and 2, but if he gives you an opportunity to sell soon, take it. The Rams defense still allows him opportunity to accumulate numbers despite the poor play, but you can get a better player than Ogletree on the trade market.

Bostic led the bears in tackles last night had two pass deflections and forced fumble, should of had an interception, the other linebackers look slow to the ball.

umjaker said:
Bostic led the bears in tackles last night had two pass deflections and forced fumble, should of had an interception, the other linebackers look slow to the ball.
So did Bostic. Missed a bunch of chances to make solos too. I wasn't impressed, and as a guy that just traded for him (not cheap) I want to be.

umjaker said:
So did Bostic. Missed a bunch of chances to make solos too. I wasn't impressed, and as a guy that just traded for him (not cheap) I want to be.
Big Bears fan here, and I just dont see him being the guy. Just doesnt seem like a play maker, no natural instincts, and again he misses alot of tackles. I traded him this offseason with a 2nd rd draft pick for Willis.

While I agree with his inconsistency and missed assignments, think he has potential for 90+ tackles this season.

Brown is all but done in Balt.

Minter is seeing a very low number of snaps, very worrisome for FF owners.

Te'o was putting up number but is injured again, probably going to miss sometime.

And for the most interesting, Jon Bostic. To me this is a big telling week for him against the Pack; how much does the coaching staff trust him and how will be perform.

Users who are viewing this thread