What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stat corrections (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
I see on the NFL and ESPN that a stat change has been applied to Brian Orakpo. My league is with MFL (and I'm not the commish). Will the change also be made their automatically? Is there any page within MFL that shows each week's stat changes?

From what I can gather, leagues on NFL.com, ESPN and Yahoo implement these changes automatically and retroactively to the previous week (I believe on some the official stat changes have to be made by Thursday morning for the change to be made). You can tell if your league did it by seeing how many rushing yards they gave Kaepernick (66 before correction or 64 after). MFL league can be set up to do so automatically, but the commissioner would need to select that option (which in our league he did not, yet).

If your MFL site has the navigation toolbar, there's a link under Help -> Official Statistics Changes

They can be applied automatically, but the commish has to set it as so. They can also be applied on a week-to-week basis.

If your MFL site has the navigation toolbar, there's a link under Help -> Official Statistics Changes

They can be applied automatically, but the commish has to set it as so. They can also be applied on a week-to-week basis.
Apparently the commish in the league hasn't set it to do so. Interesting that other sites (ESPN, NFL, and Yahoo) all do it automatically and the commish doesn't have a say at all.

So the commish is emphatic that he will NOT implement stat corrections, and my opponent (who started Orakpo) and I TIED! If we were in the exact same league, but on yahoo, espn or nfl.com - I'd have won (retroactively). Oh, first world problems. And this is a (small) money league.

matttyl said:
So the commish is emphatic that he will NOT implement stat corrections, and my opponent (who started Orakpo) and I TIED! If we were in the exact same league, but on yahoo, espn or nfl.com - I'd have won (retroactively). Oh, first world problems. And this is a (small) money league.
Who would want the wrong statistics counting instead of the correct ones? Apparently your commish. Ridiculous. Wonder what his reasoning is.

I've never heard of a commish taking a stand against... stat corrections.

Especially since it's an option for it to be done automatically.

I've never heard of a commish taking a stand against... stat corrections.

Especially since it's an option for it to be done automatically.
Apparently the rational is that he wants the games to be "official" by Tuesday morning. That way the waiver order is set properly for the first round of waivers Midnight Wednesday. While it may affect one team positively and one team negatively in the end, it's not giving any benefit to any specific team.

"Sorry your game was incorrectly scored, I would fix it, but I have to make sure the waiver wire is also wrong."

That's an ignorant stance being taken by your commissioner. Yeah, it might affect the waiver wire order, but getting the scores right is what the priority should be.

The worst part about my tie......I was up by a single point with my only two remaining players (Rodgers and Lacy) finishing their game and all of my opponent's players finished. I was up by a point, and Green Bay was in the "victory formation." I learned that a QB taking a knee is counted as negative rushing yards....Rodgers went from 40 to 38, costing me one point.

The worst part about my tie......I was up by a single point with my only two remaining players (Rodgers and Lacy) finishing their game and all of my opponent's players finished. I was up by a point, and Green Bay was in the "victory formation." I learned that a QB taking a knee is counted as negative rushing yards....Rodgers went from 40 to 38, costing me one point.
Rodgers went from 40 to 38? Did he really lose 20 yards by downing the ball? lol

I'm not surprised though. IDP scoring is literally horrendous. I just watched Kuechly fill the hole and stuff Le'Veon Bell. Tackle was given to AJ Klein who got blocked and never even touched the ball carrier. I just don't understand it and it sucks that tackles aren't reviewed. It showed the replay twice after the play and the announcers talked up Kuechly, and then boom AJ Klein gets the tackle for doing nothing. Just makes zero sense.

Tackles are one thing though. Messing up a safety by giving it to a guy who never came near the play is mind boggling. Hopefully they get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodgers went from 40 to 38? Did he really lose 20 yards by downing the ball? lol
2 yards, not 20. And yes, taking a knee is counted as a negative running play. He was credited with 38 rushing yards (3 points in my league) rather than 40 rushing (which would be 4 points) on those last two kneel downs. Cost me a win.

2 yards, not 20. And yes, taking a knee is counted as a negative running play. He was credited with 38 rushing yards (3 points in my league) rather than 40 rushing (which would be 4 points) on those last two kneel downs. Cost me a win.
Oh my bad. Too used to fractional points.

Donnybrook said:
Thought it was half Irvin and half Ward? The guy with Ward is raising quite a stink as he's currently lost by half a point with no more players for him or his opponent tonight and MFL currently has Irving getting all the credit.
Yeah I think it was those two. Either way, you have to figure stat corrections will make this right.

Donnybrook said:
Thought it was half Irvin and half Ward? The guy with Ward is raising quite a stink as he's currently lost by half a point with no more players for him or his opponent tonight and MFL currently has Irving getting all the credit.
Yeah I think it was those two. Either way, you have to figure stat corrections will make this right.
When? My league made it very clear that games are final as of Monday night / Tuesday morning (even if there was a scoring error). If this isn't "made right" till tomorrow, I'm going to make a point that the owner will have to deal with it. That specific owner said concerning my situation that scoring corrections can't be made "days later", so this is no different. Karma!!

Stat corrections are made available on Thursday. As a league, you may either set it to where they are processed automatically, or you can have your commish apply them on his own on Thursdays. Or, you can just disregard them, which is what some leagues do but it doesn't make sense to me.

Stat corrections are made available on Thursday. As a league, you may either set it to where they are processed automatically, or you can have your commish apply them on his own on Thursdays. Or, you can just disregard them, which is what some leagues do but it doesn't make sense to me.
Yup, my league will disregard them unless they are done automatically by the end of the Monday night game.

It is bad if they can't get it right when everyone and their dog is watching that game.

Hahaha I just can't wait to check on Thursday and see that this play wasn't fixed and Nate Irving gets credit for watching the play and putting his hands above his head to signal safety. I don't need the points to influence either of my two leagues but both leagues award money to position winners for the year and I'd like to think that defensive stats aren't so flawed just because score keepers are blind. I'd hope there is some legitimacy behind the stats.

Hahaha I just can't wait to check on Thursday and see that this play wasn't fixed and Nate Irving gets credit for watching the play and putting his hands above his head to signal safety. I don't need the points to influence either of my two leagues but both leagues award money to position winners for the year and I'd like to think that defensive stats aren't so flawed just because score keepers are blind. I'd hope there is some legitimacy behind the stats.
Luckily I won by 2 points but for some reason safeties are worth 10 points in my league. 1 safety = 10 tackles.

Yes they have officially been posted and I wish I knew a way to contact someone about this. I am beyond pissed that such an obvious play can not only be missed live, but also in stat corrections. Yes, I do have Marshall in both of my leagues and I'd love to have those points, but that is entirely beside the point here. Imagine losing your matchup because of such a horrendous job by that stat keeper and whoever looks at stat corrections. It's all honestly a joke and makes me not enjoy playing IDP at all.

If someone knows what email I can use to contact someone about this please share. I just can't brush this one under the rug. I'm not waiting until someone loses a matchup because a player is awarded with a sack while standing on the sidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread