What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The FFA discussing NFL so we don't have to go to Shark Pool thread (1 Viewer)

I can get on board not having to go to the Shark Tank.

I also want to second the notion that Doug Marrone is a "friggin genius"

AAABatteries said:
The Eagles may have the division won by week 10. Washington, Dallas and Giants :X
Yeah, because they really handled the Jags in the first half at home.

I would like to see a little more from Foles here in Year 2 against some better defenses before we start handing out divisional crowns.

AAABatteries said:
The Eagles may have the division won by week 10. Washington, Dallas and Giants :X
Yeah, because they really handled the Jags in the first half at home.

I would like to see a little more from Foles here in Year 2 against some better defenses before we start handing out divisional crowns.
I think it was because we watched the 3 games that involved teams in their division. The Cowboys and Redskins looked amazingly bad.

Seriously like this idea. It will be nice to be able to make a joke about the NFL or fantasy and not get treated like Ray Rice.

It seems that if the NFL makes a change to the drug rules Josh Gordon may get his suspension dropped. Maybe worth a pick up.

It seems that if the NFL makes a change to the drug rules Josh Gordon may get his suspension dropped. Maybe worth a pick up.
I did the pre-emptive scoop last Friday, got him in 2 of 3 leagues. In a third, someone picked him up when they were talking about it on TNF. Could be the add of the year, depending on how much time he plays.

I did the pre-emptive scoop last Friday, got him in 2 of 3 leagues. In a third, someone picked him up when they were talking about it on TNF. Could be the add of the year, depending on how much time he plays.
It really could be a nice a grab if he can get on the field.

So, what are the chances Goodell and the NFLPA reach an agreement on the recreational drug testing and HGH testing revisions right when Apple's keynote starts?

Would be so Rog.

Did the amount of commercial break time increase this season? I was cringing at times during the one game I watched live. It was awful.

A guy in my league drafted him in the final round, planning on using his as his keeper the following year (and only sacrificing a 15th round pick.) What I already felt was a shark move is now looking even better.

A guy in my league drafted him in the final round, planning on using his as his keeper the following year (and only sacrificing a 15th round pick.) What I already felt was a shark move is now looking even better.
I did that after having drafted Gordon late last season and held through 2013. Did not keep (long story short I'm in win now mode), drafted 2nd to last round in 2014 second weekend of August, dropped when 1 year suspension levied, and re-acquired when rumors of Gordon coming back surfaced last Thursday night :loco:

I can keep him as a 13th in a 12-teamer keep 3 for up to three years after year of acquisition at draft price (can't keep round 1-3 picks), so through 2017. With a revised substance abuse policy (potentially) coming, :moneybag:

ETA: Have some patience while I setup the Twitter account where I'll live tweet my weekly scores for you guys, because I know you're dying to know. But the point of all the above being, I'm sure there's some people on here with some crazy drop/add stories re: the Gordon rollercoaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on 2x RB from the same team strategy: My 12-team keeper league team has Bush/Bell (Det) + Ellington/Dwyer (AZ) + Freeman. Most weeks I'll roll Bush/Ellington and flex a WR, since I feel I'm strong enough there (Brown, Cobb, Cooks, Hunter, Gordon). Bye weeks, I'll play both RB's from the same team likely, since neither team has a RB with the role of a 3-down back + GL duties like a top 10 RB would (likely) have.

First time I've ever tried this, but I'm strong elsewhere and it's keeper format so RB is the only position of concern to me.

Judging by the number of HSTs foretelling the imminent collapse of the NFL it's hard to see a point in discussing it.

I'm first in waiver wire order this week. Any thoughts as to whom I should be looking at?

QB

Foles, Palmer

RB

G Bernard, R Bush, MJD, Frank Gore

WR

DJax, D Bryant, Cecil Shorts

TE

Gates, Marcedes Lewis

I see a big need in WR. I did GET GATES so I should be set, but would rather get some insurance.

ETA: I did put in an add for Steve Smith, but I'm not too happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MikeIke said:
I'm first in waiver wire order this week. Any thoughts as to whom I should be looking at?

QB

Foles, Palmer

RB

G Bernard, R Bush, MJD, Frank Gore

WR

DJax, D Bryant, Cecil Shorts

TE

Gates, Marcedes Lewis

I see a big need in WR. I did GET GATES so I should be set, but would rather get some insurance.

ETA: I did put in an add for Steve Smith, but I'm not too happy with it.
If Dez Bryant and Gio Bernard are on your waiver wire you should get them.

Users who are viewing this thread