What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am sick of this Rice bull crap (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
I think what he done is grievous. But it is not new. It has been going on forever. And it will happen forever. The guy in the wife beater or the guy with his shirt off doesn't care what happens to Rice. He will continue to beat his female counterpart.

Well lets make this simple. Let's kill Ray Rice. I guess all is good then? It will be easier for him than the BS now.

He knocked out his wife.......he said he is sorry, he was and will always be wrong.........he moved on married and tried to pick up the pieces..........then it gets in the media again, with all the video.

The courts had the video and gave him a second chance. But the NFL and public opinion doesn't. They put him on the cross.

Ray Rice's worst act in his life may or may not be on tape..........I know at least one worst things he has done has been on tape. Now take the tape of your life and put it up for the public to see. You looking great? Then cast the first stone.

What kind of stupid relativistic moral crap is this? The only choice of punishment is killing him? WTF? Where the #### do you live that makes you think most people have something like this in their background? Again WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of stupid relativistic moral crap is this? The only choice of punishment is killing him? WTF? Where the #### do you live that makes you think most people have something like this in their background? Again WTF?
Yeah! What about torture?
Do you torture your 4 year old son so he obeys you? No but I busted my wife's lip open when she got #####y so I can't judge people who do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! What about torture?
Do you torture your 4 year old son so he obeys you? No but I busted my wife's lip open when she got #####y do I can't judge people who do.
whatevs

You tried too hard.
Whatevs
Sorry sweetie. Your first salvo was way too strong for the point you wanted to make later.
My point is you are ####ed in the head if you think like the OP. If I relayed that to strongly I apologize.

Public figures are held to a higher standard. Sorry you're just figuring this out.
This is a good point. And I agree. But the outrage should be on a local level and the energy given to this situation should be there as well. You can find a Battered Women's shelter in any community. Rice's wife is getting money, most women in her situation can't 'leave because they have no other place to go.

You tried too hard.
Whatevs
Sorry sweetie. Your first salvo was way too strong for the point you wanted to make later.
My point is you are ####ed in the head if you think like the OP. If I relayed that to strongly I apologize.
So I'm wrong if I agree that many people do heinous acts but only the public figures get crucified for it?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. In fact, I completely agree with the OP.

You tried too hard.
Whatevs
So I'm wrong if I agree that many people do heinous acts but only the public figures get crucified for it?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. In fact, I completely agree with the OP.
Lots of non famous people get crucified for it, in a lot worse ways than being bad mouthed. Some actually go to jail because they aren't rich. Please we need to feel sorry for Rice some how? If that was some Joe Schmoo, please guy would be in jail.

You tried too hard.
Whatevs

Lots of non famous people get crucified for it, in a lot worse ways than being bad mouthed. Some actually go to jail because they aren't rich. Please we need to feel sorry for Rice some how? If that was some Joe Schmoo, please guy would be in jail.
You're obviously very young with how you post so you should slow down and read the thread. No one is saying what Ray Rice did was right.

Public figures are held to a higher standard. Sorry you're just figuring this out.
This is a good point. And I agree. But the outrage should be on a local level and the energy given to this situation should be there as well. You can find a Battered Women's shelter in any community. Rice's wife is getting money, most women in her situation can't 'leave because they have no other place to go.
They were not married at the time of the incident.

My wife and kids always bleed after I lay down the law. I'm a Man!
I'm really doubting the man part.
I'm sure you do, I'm not justifying being able to beat your kids till they bleed with the everybody does it argument. Clearly not a Man.
You seem lost. This is a(nother) thread about Ray Rice
He's arguing a point with a specific example. The example being a guy knocking out a woman and then dragging her around. But he shouldn't be judged because everyone has something in their past. That's a stupid and offensive moral position.

They were not married at the time of the incident.
I know that is why I said getting money referring to his wife.

You tried too hard.
Whatevs

You're obviously very young with how you post so you should slow down and read the thread. No one is saying what Ray Rice did was right.
I'm thinking you need to brush up on your reading skills. My first post attacks his moral relativism not him justifying Rice. Hello Mcfly. Slow your own roll because if you agree with the OP then you shouldn't be judging me because you probably made some bad posts in your life.

So how is she getting $ if she doesn't own 1\2 of rice at the time of the incident, you know when she was punched in the face? And how does any of this argument support your OP?

You tried too hard.
Whatevs

I'm thinking you need to brush up on your reading skills. My first post attacks his moral relativism not him justifying Rice. Hello Mcfly. Slow your own roll because if you agree with the OP then you shouldn't be judging me because you probably made some bad posts in your life.
Interesting way to end your post. My agreement with the OP seems to be directly correlated to my making past errors...according to you. So without actually stating an opinion to respond to my take that you should actually read the thread, you made a long-winded reply that didn't actually state anything other than you think I'm a bad person.

So how is she getting $ if she doesn't own 1\2 of rice at the time of the incident, you know when she was punched in the face? And how does any of this argument support your OP?
Getting married does things for a woman's bank account.

You tried too hard.
Whatevs

Interesting way to end your post. My agreement with the OP seems to be directly correlated to my making past errors...according to you. So without actually stating an opinion to respond to my take that you should actually read the thread, you made a long-winded reply that didn't actually state anything other than you think I'm a bad person.
I don't know if you're a bad person but you seem confused and you are starting to confuse me.

She hushed to get married, was my point.
So your advice to battered women is to get married and wait for the jeroff to hit the pick 5 lotto?
now you are just trolling, she had the ticket and made her decisions. Doesn't make what happened to her anything different, what it makes different is how she backs him,.

So your advice to battered women is to get married and wait for the jeroff to hit the pick 5 lotto?
now you are just trolling, she had the ticket and made her decisions. Doesn't make what happened to her anything different, what it makes different is how she backs him,.
And public figures are still held to a higher standard. WHATS YOUR POINT?

No most women don't have that option, she did and took it. Or she loves him or is still scared. But if scared she has had plenty of opportunities to leave.

The video played right into our culture of sensationalism and social media.

If he had punched his girlfriend and held her down while he poured bleach over her, but it wasn't caught on video, it likely would have been glossed over like it was with his teammate.

Dumb, incomprehensible OP

Ray Rice totally deserves what happens to him. It's a good thing-not a bad thing-that this has blown up on social media, that people are piling on, that domestic violence is FINALLY at the forefront of public consciousness. If it took a public figure to do that, so what?

Of course, the OP was so poorly written I'm still not sure what point he was trying to make (other than he's sick of something, for some unknown reason).

Users who are viewing this thread