What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car Plows Through Crowd Engaged in Zombie Walk--Who's Wrong? (1 Viewer)

Who's At Fault?

• Total voters
The driver should be spending some time in jail.
Even though the crowd was shouting flip the car? Someone opened the rear door (where his kids were) too.

I agreed with you until I read about what happened and am now on the fence.

If you had zombies banging on your window, what would you have done? It is not like cars are zombie-proof.

Even though the crowd was shouting flip the car? Someone opened the rear door (where his kids were) too.

A couple of years ago, I showed up late at my tailgating spot for our biggest rivalry game. My vehicle was absolutely surrounded by boisterous, drunken students, a few of whom knocked on the doors and windows (my wife and kids were with me as well). It was obviously just a case of students being students. Nobody was in any danger, unless I decided to do something stupid like blow through the crowd in my vehicle.

The zombie walkers should have used better judgment and shouldn't have blocked traffic. But the correct response by the driver is not "run a bunch of people over." If the driver honestly thought that he and his family were in danger of being consumed by zombies, he's not qualified to have a driver's license.

A couple of years ago, I showed up late at my tailgating spot for our biggest rivalry game. My vehicle was absolutely surrounded by boisterous, drunken students, a few of whom knocked on the doors and windows (my wife and kids were with me as well). It was obviously just a case of students being students. Nobody was in any danger, unless I decided to do something stupid like blow through the crowd in my vehicle.

The zombie walkers should have used better judgment and shouldn't have blocked traffic. But the correct response by the driver is not "run a bunch of people over." If the driver honestly thought that he and his family were in danger of being consumed by zombies, he's not qualified to have a driver's license.
Saw one report that said their windshield was shattered by a punch before he plowed through.

After the beatings in NY and Detroit of motorists,Fearing for personal and your children's safety will be more than enough to get the driver off.

Only 1 guy said to flip it - and the driver was deaf.

The crowd didn't open the door until they started plowing the crowd.

Driver deserves to be in jail.

Who's idea was it to have a zombie walk in the middle of the street? Can't have it around a track somewhere or on the sidewalk? Seems pretty stupid to organize a walk full of people in costume, walking slowly, in the middle of the street, no?

The zombies' actions could hardly be described as defensive, while the driver can certainly make that case....

Last edited by a moderator:
Two Jerk off's just plop down on the hood and another guy opens the passenger door? Isn't this a lot like those motorcycle enthusiasts in NYC that tried to block the highway with their numbers, then got pissed when someone else wanted to use the road?

Looks like the broken arm lady was a bystander, but I blame the zombies.

After watching the slo-mo video, I don't blame the driver at all. I can't stand that crowd mentality of people suddenly acting like tough guys and jerks in general because they are part of some larger group.

Do people really think that the right thing to do when a pedestrian is blocking traffic is to run them over?
When I watched the slo-mo video, the guy was inching through the crowd until some moron opened the door. A stranger opens my car door, especially the door of my wife or children, all bets are off.

They didn't start pounding on the car until he started pushing through the crowd. If he had just waited five minutes no one would have been hurt.

They didn't start pounding on the car until he started pushing through the crowd. If he had just waited five minutes no one would have been hurt.
Do we know how long he had already waited? Why do you think it was about to clear out? There were people standing still and some others walking the opposite way.

Do people really think that the right thing to do when a pedestrian is blocking traffic is to run them over?
I don't think anyone is saying it is right. Some are saying it is understandable if a hoard of people are jumping on your car, smashing your windshield and opening your doors when you have your kids with you.

Depends what the accurate timeline of events are.

Driver did nothing wrong here.

Typically if someone in a car is honking wildly while moving forward in a public street, I get out of the way. It is called common sense.

I don't think anyone is saying it is right. Some are saying it is understandable if a hoard of people are jumping on your car, smashing your windshield and opening your doors when you have your kids with you.

The slow-mo video shows the timeline pretty clearly. Pedestrians are blocking traffic. The driver pulls forward and starts trying to muscle his way through. Pedestrians respond by tapping on the windows (not smashing them) and one jerk decides to sit on the car's hood. Then the driver just barrels ahead. Nothing happened to justify the driver's actions. No reasonable person could have possibly believed that they were in any danger in the driver's situation.

The slow-mo video shows the timeline pretty clearly. Pedestrians are blocking traffic. The driver pulls forward and starts trying to muscle his way through. Pedestrians respond by tapping on the windows (not smashing them) and one jerk decides to sit on the car's hood. Then the driver just barrels ahead. Nothing happened to justify the driver's actions. No reasonable person could have possibly believed that they were in any danger in the driver's situation.
There is nothing wrong with inching through the people when they are not supposed to be blocking the intersection. The people illegally blocking the intersection were in the wrong and escalated the situation by jumping on his car and "tapping" his windows.

There is nothing wrong with inching through the people when they are not supposed to be blocking the intersection. The people illegally blocking the intersection were in the wrong and escalated the situation by jumping on his car and "tapping" his windows.
This thread is one of those agree to disagree things..... but from what the videos showed, this driver was completely in the wrong to mow people over.

It was an angry mob of people trying to open the car doors and chanting "flip the car"....clearly a terrifying situation...

Last edited by a moderator:

This thread is one of those agree to disagree things..... but from what the videos showed, this driver was completely in the wrong to mow people over.
Its easy to say that when you and your deaf family aren't having your car vandalized by a hoard of zombies.

Two guys clearly sat on the hood of his car while other people started surrounding it. At that point, I wouldn't blame the guy for feeling threatened, especially considering he can't hear if anything is being said to him and has his children in the car. He should have been more patient to begin with and was (likely) an ### for honking and trying to get through like he was. But, at that point, he's just being an ###. The crowd escalated the situation, particularly by the two idiots that jumped on the hood of his car, and especially another that opened the door (I didn't see it in the video). All bets are off there and he's justified in trying to get out of that situation.

We didn't see what happened earlier and have no idea how long he had been waiting there. It's possible he'd been sitting there for a while and had no way to get through. If that was the case, I have no problem with him inching forward and honking trying to get through. Reasonable people would have let a guy in a car through.

It was an angry mob of people trying to open the car doors and chanting "flip the car"....clearly a terrifying situation...
Nobody tried to open the car doors. One guy said "flip the car" and the driver couldn't possibly have heard him.

I'm not sure why the driver was trying to force his way through. There's always various marches going on here, causing traffic delays, but I've never seen anyone do that.

Nobody tried to open the car doors. One guy said "flip the car" and the driver couldn't possibly have heard him.
Watch the video again. One guy opened the passenger door of the car.

Watch the slo mo. A guy opens the passenger door.

If they really broke the glass of the car and tried opening the door to where his children were, #### 'em.

It's the most obvious thing in the world something organized is going on there. Find a different route, or ####ing wait.

I'm sure people tried to tell him that, to no avail for obvious reasons. No way in hell should the deaf be allowed to drive legally. Insane that you're legally allowed to operate tons of fast rolling steel and glass without all your necessary senses available.

Users who are viewing this thread