What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Office of Unclaimed Funds (Search for your Free Money) (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Pro tip:

Every state has an office of unclaimed funds, you can go online and find out if you are owed any money. Of the people I've mentioned this to, 4 have had money owed to them.

Luckily for me, someone sent me a certified letter alerting me that funds were being sent to the state. I have no clue why they were sent or what it is for, but it feels like winning a small lotto.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF is it? Freaking out a little, had a certified notice in the mail... Never had one before and I'm freaking out a little.

I'm in NYC & the origination is from Greenville, SC. I did some googling just now and it appears basically nothing good comes certified. My biggest fear would be tax bills, but if it was from NY State, wouldn't it originate in Albany & if it was federal wouldn't it come from DC or VA? Is this a fair assumption? If so, WTF could it be? I can pick it up tomm at 7am, should I or should I just ignore it?

Any info highly appreciated!

TIA
Relax. Lots of things come via certified letter and anyone can send a certified letter. Now that we know you are freaked out by them, we should all send you Birthday cards via certified mail.

Tax stuff would come right to your house, probably not that. Also warrants and divorce papers and the like come right to your door.

Tax notices can come certified but only after you've received something else regular mail and didn't respond.

I would doubt that it is IRS and NY state tax would come from somewhere within the state.

Not unusual to see a big ticket direct marketing pitch/sales letter arrive by CM, since people are exponentially more likely to open it.

Make sure to post all the details about everything else and any other basic questions you have about life in here.
Why is it unacceptable for a married man to run around and nail 19 year olds? I think society should changer their perception on this one. Your thoughts?

Not unusual to see a big ticket direct marketing pitch/sales letter arrive by CM, since people are exponentially more likely to open it.
I send CM all the time. More often than not I get them back unclaimed.
Sure. More often than not is still a lot better than mass mailings do. Send bulk, and carriers dump most of your crap in the dumpster. Send regular, and you get a crappy open rate. Send regular with a handwritten address and a real stamp, you get a bump. Send CM, and you get another. Send FedEx, better still. :shrug:

If you've got a home run DM package, and your opt-in rate rockets among people who start to read your letter, it's worth paying for a slight bump in open rate. Obviously, the math depends on the profit margins.

The Ambassador of the Football Elite General Discussion forum has reviewed your application. We send acceptance/rejection letters by certified mail. Good luck.

You're a lawyer, if I knew it was from a lawyer I wouldn't want to open it either... But if I am being sued, open or not, that really doesn't change anything?
They don't know it's from a lawyer any more than you know who yours is from.

You're a lawyer, if I knew it was from a lawyer I wouldn't want to open it either... But if I am being sued, open or not, that really doesn't change anything?
If there is some sort of lawsuit out there though, I assume not answering this delays the process by a few weeks and does nothing else?

If there is some sort of lawsuit out there though, I assume not answering this delays the process by a few weeks and does nothing else?
yeah, as long as you don't open the cm, the lawsuit doesn't exist.

maybe you should leave the country. I hear the Gaza strip is nice this time of year.

yeah, as long as you don't open the cm, the lawsuit doesn't exist.

maybe you should leave the country. I hear the Gaza strip is nice this time of year.
:lmao:

So you've been cheating on your taxes, haven't you?
Not at all, at least to my knowledge. I have a good accountant, but who the #### knows... Last thing I want to see is a gigantic bill from the IRS or a lawsuit. Outside of that, I'd assume this is garbage.

I think the IRS wants to get a closer look at your receipts. They got some anonymous tip you have been eating at far too many fancy steak houses for a person of your income. :bye:

mailman here....yes, the IRS will send several "regular" mail letters before sending anything certified....other certified mail that see often is with vehicle titles and in election/fund raising season from the RNC and DNC looking for "emergency" campaign contributions....might as well pick it up as its likely nothing of significance and you can refuse it before you sign the "slip" after seeing who its from....also, if its something like child support/eviction etc, then by not claiming it you still are liable as it is considered a "good" service, if your name/address is correct, at least in my state....

mailman here....yes, the IRS will send several "regular" mail letters before sending anything certified....other certified mail that see often is with vehicle titles and in election/fund raising season from the RNC and DNC looking for "emergency" campaign contributions....might as well pick it up as its likely nothing of significance and you can refuse it before you sign the "slip" after seeing who its from....also, if its something like child support/eviction etc, then by not claiming it you still are liable as it is considered a "good" service, if your name/address is correct, at least in my state....
This ... plus I also see a lot of certifieds from insurance companies. It's very likely that, especially if you've changed jobs or made any policy cancellations or changes.

Users who are viewing this thread