What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Anarchy League 10 Commentary/Draft (1 Viewer)

Busy travel day, sorry to have held anything up.

Feels so dirty making it TE-TE with the top two overall picks of the draft, but I guess that's why these are called Anarchy...

Going to add comments to my draft picks on the page as I can, even after the fact, since ultimately I think this is an exercise we all try to learn something from.

Going to add comments to my draft picks on the page as I can, even after the fact, since ultimately I think this is an exercise we all try to learn something from.
Good idea. I'll try to do the some of that this weekend. I'd love to hear the same thoughts from others. There were plenty of guys that I had my eye on which were scooped up earlier than I expected. I'd be curious if it was a shot in the dark, or if there was some justification.

Just added my comments to the draft.

Here's the roster:

Bills TMQB, Cards TMQB

Forte, Gerhardt, Hyde, McCluster

Bryant, Garcon, T. Smith, Stills, Jennings, Givens

Rudolph, Rivera

Didn't really have a master strategy other than to wait on QB. Generally took best player available.

My biggest regret is that I didn't pay much attention to potential playoff teams. I *may* have a player or two with a wild card appearance, but who are we kidding? I'm going to be sitting on my hands watching you guys score in the off season. Not a good recipe for taking it all.

Team Qb:

Cincinatti, Atlanta- Both are underrated but have a chance at post season play (at least week 18). Atlanta gets Jones and White back hopefully at full strength and Douglas can take over what Gonzo did. Dalton has 3 young WR's, 2 young TE's and a young Rb to catch his passes.

RB:

Dunbar, Helu, Sankey, Williams- No true rb1 here. have to have a weakness somewhere and this is it. Sankey has the best chance. Williams will get a decent amount. Dunbar and Helu were picked because they can catch passes out of the backfield. No playoff potential points here.

WR:

Benjamin, Colston, Hilton, Sanu, Wheaton- Colston and Hilton will be the bread winners here. Both can bring playoff points. Colston seems to fly under the radar for some reason points should be there. Wheaton should excel opposite Antonio Brown this year. Sanu looks to be in the slot this year for Cincy which probable means limited value, but who knows what will happen. Benjamin has the inside track to take over for SSmith in Carolina, big kid could be a monster in the redzone. 3-4 possible playoff point makers.

TE:

JThomas, Pitta, Amaro- Strength of my team right here. Thomas was huge last year, Pitta is Flacco's safety valve, and Amaro will move into a spot in NY that has produced 60+ for 700 yards and 6 TD's the last 4-5 years. Denver and Baltimore are perrenial playoff teams, NY might make it but not to big of a chance.

K:

Henery and Sturgis- Kickers not much to say.

Def:

Chicago and Arizona- Arizona was an 10 win team last year and it wasn't due to the offense. Chicago should bounce back this year. One of these two should make the post season.

I tried to balance my roster to look at post season possibilities as well as regular season scoring. I waited to long for a Rb but felt the need to be strong at TE and WR. Also last couple years I have waited until very late on Kickers and Defenses, which lost me points. Good luck to you all and thanks anarchy for running these.

Users who are viewing this thread