What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game 162 fantasy advice (1 Viewer)

bigmarc27

Footballguy
Championship game: I hold a very slim era lead and am up 6ks. He's out of SP, but has 4RP going. If he gets 2 shut-out innings, he takes the era lead.

Option A: bench all my pitchers - hope he doesn't get 2 scoreless IP (50/50) and also 6+ Ks (unlikely)

Option B: Play David Price, Cobb, Ventura, and Fiers - hope no one blows up my era but take Ks easily. I've calculated that if I get 24 ip, I can give up 7 runs and still pull the category.

Option C: play any combo of pitchers above.

--

Batting categories all too close to call - up 1 run, 2 homers, 1 RBI. Due to that, I need the pitching to pull through.

Id play your good pitchers and guarantee ks. Id play price and cobb and maybe fiers depending on who hes facing.

Id play your good pitchers and guarantee ks. Id play price and cobb and maybe fiers depending on who hes facing.
Fiers plays the Cubs.I'm leaning towards playing Cobb and Fiers and maybe leaving Price on the bench. He's allowed 5 ER in two of his last four which scares me a bit. Still not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you sit Price in a must-win game against the Twins.
Because he played them less than 2 weeks ago and his line was: 5.2 IP, 8 hits and 5 ER. He's easily my best strike out pitcher, but he's also liable to blow up a bit now and then. Honestly if he had finished out the game against the white sox last weekend, this wouldn't be an issue today.

All that said, I'm probably playing him, but he's the one who scares me.

Users who are viewing this thread