What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best way to advertise? (1 Viewer)

johnjohn

Footballguy
If you provide a service to home owners what would be the best way to advertise for that ? Direct mail advertising ? SEO? Social Media ? Anyone have any thoughts regarding this topic ?

If you provide a service to home owners what would be the best way to advertise for that ? Direct mail advertising ? SEO? Social Media ? Anyone have any thoughts regarding this topic ?
What kind of business?

Who is your target market?

What part of the country are you in?

What is your quest?

What is the air speed velocity of a laden swallow?

What kind of business?

Who is your target market?

What part of the country are you in?

What is your quest?

What is the air speed velocity of a laden swallow?
Rather not describe it because of online stalkers

Young Families in homes that have an income of 60k or more.

East Coast

gain at least one customer a day (make 25 dollars profit every month a customer stays with me, so one a day would add up the monthly $$ quite nicely for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can help with this but need to know more about your business. Is it repeating residential (dog walking, lawn care, picking up dog poop) or professional services (house painting, alarm installation , etc).

I can help with this but need to know more about your business. Is it repeating residential (dog walking, lawn care, picking up dog poop) or professional services (house painting, alarm installation , etc).
professional services
Lawn service?
Massage service
He could advertise himself as the happy ending guy. Maybe get Mariano Rivero as a spokesperson.

Its all about branding.

Cold calling
Whats the difference between cold calling and warm calling ? Is there such a thing as hot calling?
Yes.
Im sorry Abraham, I should have been more specific. I am looking for advice from people that are currently running a successful business. Anyone can be an armchair anything but you know, I just think if a person is currently doing it then the advice they would give would be the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys if you aren't currently running a successful business please don't bother replying to this thread at all. I hope you can respect that wish.

Cold calling
Whats the difference between cold calling and warm calling ? Is there such a thing as hot calling?
Yes.
Im sorry Abraham, I should have been more specific. I am looking for advice from people that are currently running a successful business. Anyone can be an armchair anything but you know, I just think if a person is currently doing it then the advice they would give would be the best.
I am doing it. I have done it. I have over a decade managing acquisition sales teams in a variety of sectors. Id be glad to help, as I said before, but neither I nor anyone else can help of you don't share info about the business.

So, it's up to you. Disclose info about what you are doing and I will give you the advice I normally get paid to give. Or don't, and get no advice.

Guys if you aren't currently running a successful business please don't bother replying to this thread at all. I hope you can respect that wish.
I do marketing for a variety of small and medium sized businesses using many channels - online and traditional advertising. But as Abraham said, too many unknown variables to give you any advice.

You should offer a sweepstakes... Maybe something like Publishers Clearing House - you could give away one million a year for life to the winner. This will garner a lot of interest for your business.

I am also a very successful businessman.

Targeted to home owners:

- Local home improvement shows. Get a booth.

- Partner with top local real estate firm and offer kickback to them for leads/customers from their latest sales. (If applicable.)

- Yellow page ads still seem to work on some level.

- Google Adwords targeting just your local market for vital keywords.

- Always make sure to ask for referrals to customers. Many don't think to give them unless you make sure to ask.

- Optimize your site for vital keywords.

- Establish a blog on your site, get Google authorship rating and become a trusted source on your industry.

The last two are the most difficult and time-consuming.

I already know the best way, just testing you all and so far no one passed the test.
Oh, so there is a recurring theme in your threads. Good to know. I'll avoid them in the future.
Please stay out of my threads, I am banishing you
You know speaking of advertising, Old Spice used to have some good ones. Now I see the ones with Moms singing about losing their sons to throngs of young women. I don't like these ads. What are some of your favorite ads?

best way to advertise is by putting posters up on telephone poles. Also, if you put your business card on the wall of a popular ITALIAN restaurant

I made $100,000 working from home!!! People stapling trash to utility poles are scum bags.

There's a guy around me who drives around in a pretty beat up service truck, and on the side, in very basic spray-painted stenciling, it reads "God Will Send You A Handy Man" and lists a phone number.

Would you like me to get that nunber for you, so that you can call and ask him?

Users who are viewing this thread