What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Male Teacher Sleeping with HS Senior (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
This guy will get thrown to the wolves. The only info here is the student is a senior/female and the relationship began in the later part of 2013. They always have the male students age so I don't why they don't have the girls age here. One can assume that 2/3 of the time this relationship began when she was 17 since she was a senior. I'm following along and if I was an oddsmaker, I'd say it is even money that he registers as a sex offender for the rest of his life and serves jail time.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25594137/san-leandro-high-teacher-arrested-alleged-sexual-relationship

Doesn't matter if she's 18, he's a teacher and she's a student. At best he should be fired and never allowed to teach again. Says she was under-aged in the article, hope he gets some years to get to know Bubba in Chino.

He should be locked up forever. That way, women teachers know the punishment is much more severe for men and that society accepts women sleeping with male students.

You're weird.
weird thing to joke about but he does have a point, when its a female teacher people aren't as disgusted as when its a male teacher that does it.
I think those not as disgusted in this instance are men, in their 30s and 40s, who had a few hot high school teachers they always dreamed of banging. amiright? I am included of course, but it doesn't make it right. Plus guys like us have to protect our daughters, because they just can't be hoes. ;)

You're weird.
If this girl was 15 or 16 I'd say throw him to the wolves. I still kinda feel this way even if she is 17 and 10 months, but that's just me and more so him being a teacher and her a student.

This is a situation where we will see the double standard play out as most women teachers who sleep with 17 year olds walk with misdemeanors. & I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a double standard, I'm just pointing out that it will play out in this situation.

You're weird.
If this girl was 15 or 16 I'd say throw him to the wolves. I still kinda feel this way even if she is 17 and 10 months, but that's just me and more so him being a teacher and her a student.

This is a situation where we will see the double standard play out as most women teachers who sleep with 17 year olds walk with misdemeanors. & I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a double standard, I'm just pointing out that it will play out in this situation.
If this was some random guy who worked at the tire plant I might agree, but this guy was a teacher. There is a responsibility to the public and a degree of integrity that is expected, he's nothing more than a predator IMO. Same with the adult women who do this kind of ####, it's just not right. I'm far from my moral authority, as most of you know based on my posts, but this stuff cannot happen. I'd like to punch him in the balls.

You're weird.

If this was some random guy who worked at the tire plant I might agree, but this guy was a teacher. There is a responsibility to the public and a degree of integrity that is expected, he's nothing more than a predator IMO. Same with the adult women who do this kind of ####, it's just not right. I'm far from my moral authority, as most of you know based on my posts, but this stuff cannot happen. I'd like to punch him in the balls.
I agree with this.

Although I think a socially normal HS male is more equipped to handle the aftermath then a HS female. Hence the double standard and why it exists.

Not trying to be snarky, but can you provide evidence of this "double standard?" Are you talking convictions? Charges filed? Time served? Or is it just public opinion based? Keep in mind middle-aged men control popular public opinion (even if people think it's those in their 20s), and I do agree that a double standard exists in this demographic. But I'm not sure a middle-aged woman would agree, and the elderly of any gender wouldn't.

You're weird.

I agree with this.

Although I think a socially normal HS male is more equipped to handle the aftermath then a HS female. Hence the double standard and why it exists.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/scientists-identify-why-girls-often-mature-faster-boys

Girls mature faster than boys because of that egg they pass every 28 days or so, we really don't need in-depth studies to understand that. There are a lot of places in this world where 14-year-old girls marry 30-year-old men, I've been to a lot of those places and they are all ####ed up. Just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Girls mature faster than boys because of that egg they pass every 28 days or so, we really don't need in-depth studies to understand that. There are a lot of places in this world where 14-year-old girls marry 30-year-old men, I've been to a lot of those places and they are all ####ed up. Just sayin'.
What does that have to do with anything ? fantasycurse tried to say boys are more capable of handling it at a younger age when it appears to be the opposite.

if they do anything sexual with a student I think both male teachers and female teachers need to go to prison when its HS or below.

I am tired of double standards though. Females want to be treated the same as men until it comes to things that don't benefit them, like breaking the law or the draft/ other things

Last edited by a moderator:
Men continue to die on average five to six years younger than women and yet almost every gender-related health message seen and heard are aimed at women about women’s health. The federal government and most states have women’s health offices and agencies but not men’s health offices or agencies. It is much easier to get funding for research on women’s health than men’s health.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rogereolson/2014/03/off-the-usual-topics-gender-double-stereotypes/

Read any thread in here where it is a female teacher and most of the time they are talking about how the male student is lucky. When it's reversed we are outraged.

There seems to be a lot of disparity in legal action for all cases though. I know a story of a male teacher and student whose relationship started after she turned 18 and he has been in jail for many years. I know a story of a male teacher and a female 8th grader who were having sex and both parties admitted to it and I think he served less than a month and paid like the college tuition of the girl or something like that.

Not trying to be snarky, but can you provide evidence of this "double standard?" Are you talking convictions? Charges filed? Time served? Or is it just public opinion based? Keep in mind middle-aged men control popular public opinion (even if people think it's those in their 20s), and I do agree that a double standard exists in this demographic. But I'm not sure a middle-aged woman would agree, and the elderly of any gender wouldn't.
I think all of the above. Even your reaction is "I want to punch him in the balls"... I don't think anyone's initial thought is violence if the the genders are reversed in this situation.

Here is a decent article http://www.salon.com/2008/02/28/statuatory_rapists/

A Googlay search reveals a ton of results on the double standard, I'm little lazy to go through it right now though.

Guy I work with is almost 40. His girlfriend is 22, they've been dating for a couple years, and she's actually the breadwinner of the two.

Does that make the guy a bad person? No, he's damn lucky. Does that make the girlfriend a bad person? No, she must really like older men. Many girls do.

Obviously each case has to be weighed on its merits. Hell, the former Bengals cheerleader married the kid she was doing the dirty with.

You're weird.

I agree with this.

WTF are you talking about? Girls are more mature than guys at all stages of HS.

You're weird.

I agree with this.

The backlash against the girl from her peers and how they would handle it compared to a dude who just got outed for nailing a teacher... C'mon, this isn't even up for debate.

You're weird.

I agree with this.

I was sexually taken advantage of by half a dozen chicks in HS that were older than me. Ended up marrying one of them. This is no laughing matter.

You're weird.

I agree with this.

The backlash against the girl from her peers and how they would handle it compared to a dude who just got outed for nailing a teacher... C'mon, this isn't even up for debate.
What backlash? Girls talk about everything with each other. You think her friends didn't know?

You're just making #### up :lmao:

You're weird.
If this girl was 15 or 16 I'd say throw him to the wolves. I still kinda feel this way even if she is 17 and 10 months, but that's just me and more so him being a teacher and her a student.This is a situation where we will see the double standard play out as most women teachers who sleep with 17 year olds walk with misdemeanors. & I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a double standard, I'm just pointing out that it will play out in this situation.
I agree with this.Although I think a socially normal HS male is more equipped to handle the aftermath then a HS female. Hence the double standard and why it exists.
What backlash? Girls talk about everything with each other. You think her friends didn't know?You're just making #### up :lmao:
He seems to think that girls don't like or talk about sex.

HF/Christo - you guys are either delusional or extremely disconnected from reality if you think a female is better equipped to handle the aftermath than a male.

HF/Christo - you guys are either delusional or extremely disconnected from reality if you think a female is better equipped to handle the aftermath than a male.
The aftermath of what? Sex? You think teenage boys are better equipped to handle the aftermath of having sex with someone than teenage girls? Or that teenage boys are more equipped to handle the aftermath of a relationship with a confusing power differential and societal stigma that gives conflicting messages about the legitimacy of the relationship?

If it's either of those, I disagree with who's delusional and disconnected.

Sex differences in recovery from PTSD in male and female interpersonal assault survivors.
Behav Res Ther. 2013 Jun;51(6):247-55. doi: 10.1016/j.brat.2013.02.002. Epub 2013 Mar 1.

Abstract
Men and women differ in exposure to trauma and the development of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD); however, research regarding sex differences in recovery from PTSD has been sparse. This study evaluated the treatment response trajectory for 69 male and female interpersonal assault survivors, using a modified Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) protocol that allowed survivors to receive up to18 sessions of CPT, with treatment end determined by therapy progress. Few sex differences were observed in trauma history, baseline PTSD and depressive severity, Axis I comorbidity, anger, guilt and dissociation. Women did report more sexual assault in adulthood and elevated baseline guilt cognitions, whereas men reported more baseline anger directed inward. Attrition and total number of sessions did not differ by sex. Over the course of treatment and follow-up, men and women demonstrated similar rates of change in PTSD and depressive symptoms. However, medium effect sizes on both of these primary outcomes at the 3-month follow-up assessment favored women. Several differences in the slope of change emerged on secondary outcomes such that women evidenced more rapid gains on global guilt, guilt cognitions, anger/irritability, and dissociation. Results suggest that male survivors may warrant additional attention to address these important clinical correlates.
Trying to find entire research.

From the VA:

PTSD: National Center for PTSD

Men and Sexual Trauma
At least 10% of men in our country have suffered from trauma as a result of sexual assault. Like women, men who experience sexual assault may suffer from depression, PTSD, and other emotional problems as a result. However, because men and women have different life experiences due to their different gender roles, emotional symptoms following trauma can look different in men than they do in women.

Users who are viewing this thread