What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey 2014-2015 sign up thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Last year's owners get first priority to be in again.

I can fill in the rules and details later.

Live Draft at Yahoo

Tuesday October 7th (time tentatively set for 7:15pm Central)

16-teams

$25/team

In.

My spot was taken a year or two back when the "last year's owners get first priority" was not in place... would like back in.

the way yahoo works now is you click a button to renew the league and it sends everybody who was in the league last year an invite to rejoin. I think it also saves a spot for them so right now the league appears full.

in order to create space, I'd have to kick teams out of the league but I'm not sure who is in or out yet. So, I'll give everybody a day or two to sign up and then I'll just boot everybody else and invite new people from this thread in order of signups.

I would like to get back in.

Crap: Sorry, can't do it. I'll be on the road driving to Florida on the 7th. Maybe next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going with this lineup I think:

3 C

3 LW

3 RW

4 D

1 UTIL

2 G

6 bench

22 roster spots (down from 24 last year).

2 IR spots.

1 IR+ spot (this can be used to stash guys who are on IR or considered day to day).

Honestly even 21 would be ok for this kind of league.

But 22 is way better than 24, that's 28-32 more players in the FA pool depending on how many teams. I had at least two guys on my bench that I almost never used though, and I had one of the better teams. :oldunsure:

I still think we need to do something about goalies so that they don't all fly off the board in the first 2-3 rounds. With 16 teams, there aren't enough "starting" goalies for the number of positions we have.

I still think we need to do something about goalies so that they don't all fly off the board in the first 2-3 rounds. With 16 teams, there aren't enough "starting" goalies for the number of positions we have.
Not every NHL team has a clear #1 in goal. But the point of ratios is to balance things out. After the top goalies are gone, I think it's a mistake to take crappy ones too early.

we have 8 offensive categories and 4 goalie categories, two of which are ratios so you don't necessarily help yourself by throwing out goalies with bad matchups.

I think goalies are devalued plenty here compared to most fantasy hockey leagues.

Team that won last year was strong in goal (Quick/Bernier mostly) but he was strong everywhere.

DrD's team came in 4th and his goalies were awful.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2013/63388/standings

based on last year's draft, first goalie didn't go off the board until the 10th pick and there were only 9 taken in the first two rounds, 13 in 3 rounds, 17 in 4 rounds, 21 in 5 rounds, 25 in 6 rounds, etc.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2013/63388/draftresults

But the point of ratios is to balance things out. After the top goalies are gone, I think it's a mistake to take crappy ones too early.
Shhhhhhh.

If you want any more validation of this, just look at the goalies I finished 2nd with last season. I only had one 20 game winner, but had a couple backups with great ratios - problem is, these guys can change from year to year.

I must have been thinking of the year before, when 6 went in the first round and there were 14 gone by the end of Round 2 (including 10 of the first 21 picks). The year before that, there were 21 gone before the end of Round 3. If you have the first couple of picks, you're almost obligated to take a goalie at the 2-3 turn or you're screwed.

I just find it interesting that if goalies are devalued, they still get drafted so quickly. By the end of Round 7, there is nothing left.

Teams that are in at yahoo already:

Rudnicki

DrDetroit

ceo3west

Northern Voice

Getzlaf

IC Alkies

Dickie Dunn

plus not sure I remember who these are here:

Wheat Kings

BOCA

Mother Puckers

Brasky and Kupcho have two spots saved.

That's 12.

So, we have 4 open spots I think.

Top 2 in here:

1. pumpnick
2. RnR

I think someone else sent me a PM wanting in.

So, have one spot open it looks like.

Teams that are in at yahoo already:

Rudnicki

DrDetroit

ceo3west

Northern Voice

Getzlaf

IC Alkies

Dickie Dunn

plus not sure I remember who these are here:

Wheat Kings

BOCA

Mother Puckers

Brasky and Kupcho have two spots saved.

That's 12.

So, we have 4 open spots I think.

Top 2 in here:

1. pumpnick

2. RnR

I think someone else sent me a PM wanting in.

So, have one spot open it looks like.
C'mon Ruds I'm a former champ. Respect

I'm in if need a guy. Sabres fan need something to keep me interested

Can someone post the scoring though?
I think we are full right now, but looks like you're first alternate.

Skater categories: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HITs

Goalie categoreis: W, GAA, SV%, SO

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for .

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 79
Roll subtotal: 79
Roll total: 79

:kicksrock:

You can overlook my roll again this year and I won't complain.

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 82
Roll subtotal: 82
Roll total: 82

I rolled an 892 and sent to Brasky for verification.

I also rolled for the teams that hadn't rolled yet.

Here is draft order:

1. Northern Voice (968)

2. Buffalo Lightsabres (925)

3. Bats (905)

4. SabresOnTheWarpath (892)

5. pump (884)

6. Cold-### Honkies (748)

7. Getz Ducks (635)

8. Cherry's Kids (608)

9. Fargin' Iceholes (555)

10. Denny Pratt Tragedy (460)

11. BOCA (393)