What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Today I am ashamed of my race. (1 Viewer)

cowboyz1

Footballguy
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1176558

I want as many of my black brothers and sisters to read this. In fact, I would like as many people to read this as possible so it will stop.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs as they had to be removed so that if would fit into the 8000 character limit of CNN ireport.

Last edited by a moderator:
On second thought, maybe you're right - I'll get started forwarding this to all my black friends. Maybe even print a copy to post at the barbershop.

I thought there was a prevailing view that the word had been "taken back", and it's empowering for blacks to use it.

What's the verdict on baggy pants?

Just can't see a black guy writing that stuff. I'm going with :fishing:
What gave it away,lol.

I was at the races last night. Not a very popular sport for the brothers, none the less, I was getting our mini stock truck ready for the main event.

Two black young adults in their late 20's I suspect, walked by while one loudly says to the other, "I told that ..............You know what I'm saying my " the other one replying with a nod and fist pump. I looked over at the other pit next to us where another crew trying to get their race car ready, all looked up at each other and began laughing and shaking their heads.

They were all white crews. Good ole country boys I have known for some time. Me, I was disgusted.

What gave it away,lol.I was at the races last night. Not a very popular sport for the brothers, none the less, I was getting our mini stock truck ready for the main event.

Two black young adults in their late 20's I suspect, walked by while one loudly says to the other, "I told that ######..............You know what I'm saying my ######" the other one replying with a nod and fist pump. I looked over at the other pit next to us where another crew trying to get their race car ready, all looked up at each other and began laughing and shaking their heads.

They were all white crews. Good ole country boys I have known for some time. Me, I was disgusted.
:lmao:

What gave it away,lol.

I was at the races last night. Not a very popular sport for the brothers, none the less, I was getting our mini stock truck ready for the main event.

Two black young adults in their late 20's I suspect, walked by while one loudly says to the other, "I told that ######..............You know what I'm saying my ######" the other one replying with a nod and fist pump. I looked over at the other pit next to us where another crew trying to get their race car ready, all looked up at each other and began laughing and shaking their heads.

FYI, I was born and raised in Northern Cal. Spend several years in Holland with my family as my father was stationed there in the military. Growing up in practically an all white town gave me one perspective while in the military gave me a different perspective. I have always been sort of in the middle not really fitting in with inner city blacks nor country whites for obvious reasons. However, I have had really close friends from both sides in my life and over the years have been exposed to almost all the casts in our society. I wrote this because it was a pet peeve of mine. Yes, I am Black. Fortunately my father raised me with a vast experience base and raised me to never be afraid to try anything yourself or learn to do anything on your own. Thus I can practically do almost anything. Construction, welding, camping, fishing, computer repair, business banker by trade, business consultant, business planning, venture capital raising, have my series 6 and 63 licenses, love to hike, fish, ride motorcycles, race mini stock trucks, design engine parts, while own and operate my own computer company etc. So I hope you see the lesson here. Don't assume you know what a man is or isn't by the color of his skin.

What gave it away,lol.

FYI, I was born and raised in Northern Cal. Spend several years in Holland with my family as my father was stationed there in the military. Growing up in practically an all white town gave me one perspective while in the military gave me a different perspective. I have always been sort of in the middle not really fitting in with inner city blacks nor country whites for obvious reasons. However, I have had really close friends from both sides in my life and over the years have been exposed to almost all the casts in our society. I wrote this because it was a pet peeve of mine. Yes, I am Black. Fortunately my father raised me with a vast experience base and raised me to never be afraid to try anything yourself or learn to do anything on your own. Thus I can practically do almost anything. Construction, welding, camping, fishing, computer repair, business banker by trade, business consultant, business planning, venture capital raising, have my series 6 and 63 licenses, love to hike, fish, ride motorcycles, race mini stock trucks, design engine parts, while own and operate my own computer company etc. So I hope you see the lesson here. Don't assume you know what a man is or isn't by the color of his skin.
Good for him.

I thought there was a prevailing view that the word had been "taken back", and it's empowering for blacks to use it.

I think it's ridiculous. To me it acts as a sign that says "look at me, I have no clue how stupid I look". Would immediately put that person in the "stay away from category". I actually see more white kids with baggy pants hanging off their #### now days.

this could be valuable, you know, ask a black guy questions. i have 2;

-you guys know that red means stop and green means go? if so, why do you guys insist on crossing the streets into traffic like no cars are around?

-why do you struggle ordering at starbucks?

thx, will answer yours

-you guys know that red means stop and green means go? if so, why do you guys insist on crossing the streets into traffic like no cars are around?

thx, will answer yours
You are a complete and ignorant jerk.

thx, will answer yours
imagine the black dude is riding a bicycle.

your head may explode.

What gave it away,lol.

Paragraphs still down?

Don't blame the word count this time... Timscochet will be in here in 2 seconds to prove you wrong.

thx, will answer yours
You do know we're all color blind right?

As far as your second question goes, I imagine it's for the same reason you struggle at the urinal. Hard to find what we're looking for.

McGarnicle said:
cowboyz1 said:
McGarnicle said:

I think it's ridiculous. To me it acts as a sign that says "look at me, I have no clue how stupid I look". Would immediately put that person in the "stay away from category". I actually see more white kids with baggy pants hanging off their #### now days.
Yeah who cares though, and what can you do about it? Notice how young people seem more shallow and stupid the older you get? It's just rebellion, and staking a claim to something uniquely theirs, and often the whole point of it is to piss the rest of us off. It hasn't changed in 50 years.I went out with my wife to watch the games on Sunday. This girl walks by our table, easily a 9, maybe 19 or 20 years old, wearing these tight little khaki shorts. I just about jizzed in my pants right then and there. And she was with this little snotnose POS, white kid with baggy cargo pants, dreads and a big flat brimmed hat turned sideways and loose like it was about to fall off. I had to do a double take to process what it was -- guy or girl, was this for a costume party, etc. We had a good laugh and went back to watching the games. Deep inside I wanted to beat him to death though.
:hifive:

cowboyz1 said:
Chemical X said:

thx, will answer yours
You do know we're all color blind right?

As far as your second question goes, I imagine it's for the same reason you struggle at the urinal. Hard to find what we're looking for.
fair enough.....you see, we can have an open and honest discourse!

FUBAR said:
Chemical X said:

thx, will answer yours
imagine the black dude is riding a bicycle.

your head may explode.
shirtless with american flags attached to bike?

Thread title gets more absurd every time you see it.
Why? The title is exactly what I meant to say. We as an ENTIRE race allow this to continue. WE as a race have to confront this and the fact that we haven't make me ashamed and angry. To interpret the title as being ashamed of every member of the race because I believe that all use the word is absurd. However, to be ashamed that our race does nothing about it's use and stands ideally by while many make fools out of us all is quite accurate IMO.

Why? The title is exactly what I meant to say. We as an ENTIRE race allow this to continue. WE as a race have to confront this and the fact that we haven't make me ashamed and angry. To interpret the title as being ashamed of every member of the race because I believe that all use the word is absurd. However, to be ashamed that our race does nothing about it's use and stands ideally by while many make fools out of us all is quite accurate IMO.
I believe Bill Cosby agrees with you on this. So do i, fwiw.

Putting aside how dumb it is to put the onus on every black person to somehow self-police and eradicate the word from being used...aren't there issues like illegitimacy, unemployment and violent crime that are about a billion times more significant issues to fit with your thread title?

Putting aside how dumb it is to put the onus on every black person to somehow self-police and eradicate the word from being used...aren't there issues like illegitimacy, unemployment and violent crime that are about a billion times more significant issues to fit with your thread title?
All issues of self-respect, social responsibility and leadership.

What's your solution? How do you, as an entire race, stop it from continuing?

Join the club.

First, stop with the idea that you are part of a 'race'. You're really part of a culture and it's the culture that makes you ashamed.

Go to any African country (preferable a non-west African one at the moment) and tell me if they call each other .

First, stop with the idea that you are part of a 'race'. You're really part of a culture and it's the culture that makes you ashamed.

Go to any African country (preferable a non-west African one at the moment) and tell me if they call each other ######.
Semantics...... I was in Morocco, Tanzania and Kenya, YES they did use the word. Sadly, they got if from American rappers. Sounds really really bad though when they say it. The accent makes it sound much much worse.

I am trying to do something about it. I believe the key is acknowledgement, and leadership. Get people to acknowledge that the word has no place in our culture, race or society. Second, get rid of leadership that reinforces the stereotypes and lift up those that have chosen to steer away from "blame whitey politics". Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson both need to be put down and told they are no longer needed nor wanted. However, as you are seeing now days with cops caught on camera that there are still very serious issues with the way minorities are seen and treated. Some of it we bring on ourselves do to our behavior, but there is no excuse for the way many minorities are treated by law enforcement and the legal system. Our biggest problem is that we don't support each other and have been taught to compete with each other rather than work together.

First off I can vouch for cowboyz in that this is not a fishing trip. Secondly, I wish we would have some high profile Islamic religious leaders do the same with calling out religious fanatics who use Allah to blow stuff up and cut off heads.

dgreen said:
cowboyz1 said:
He'll address them at the Big Black Meeting which they have every other Thursday. They all get together and decide what to do. They're a race, you know?

cowboyz1 said:
First off I can vouch for cowboyz in that this is not a fishing trip. Secondly, I wish we would have some high profile Islamic religious leaders do the same with calling out religious fanatics who use Allah to blow stuff up and cut off heads.
Because the "n" word equates to blowing people up?

Users who are viewing this thread