What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jelani Jenkins MONSTER GAME! (1 Viewer)

topjimmy

Footballguy
I dropped Nigel Bradham and picked up Jelani Jenkins and he blew it up today!!! What a monster stat line. Could be the waiver wire move of the year for my team. I hope it continues!!

Rejoice!

I got him in the off-season. Any guys around that saw the game? Was he that good, or just a monster stat line?

MFL can't decide if they are going to give him credit for the safety. They didn't initially, then they had him for it for a few hours after the game. Now it got taken away sometime recently. He still has credit for the 1/2 sack from the play, not sure why he wouldn't get safety credit.

MFL can't decide if they are going to give him credit for the safety. They didn't initially, then they had him for it for a few hours after the game. Now it got taken away sometime recently. He still has credit for the 1/2 sack from the play, not sure why he wouldn't get safety credit.
Yes, that safety is going to be huge for me too. It shows on his player page, but not in the live scoring.

I won my game anyway but I don't know how you don't credit him with that safety especially since he got half credit for the sack

So he's a keeper at this point or does he get "Knile Davis'ed" once the Phins gets their regulars back?

Yep i have jelani jenkins in my line up at the moment but concerned by the Q tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was not on the field in some subpackages (Wheeler stayed in). Was this due to injury or should we move on at this point?

He was not on the field in some subpackages (Wheeler stayed in). Was this due to injury or should we move on at this point?
I didn't get to watch the game, but can only go by the numbers. Only 5 defenders played more snaps in the blowout, and only one LB played more.

Wheeler 56/67 (17run - 6rush - 33coverage)

Jenkins 47/67 (15-3-29)

Looks like they both dropped into coverage about the same amount. Trusnik only played 35 snaps (17cov). It looks like a lot of bench LBs got playing time in the blowout, with 16 combined snaps for bench players.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that a fair amount of his lower snap total was due to the combined blowout and injury; and coaches erring on caution while up by 50 points.

I didn't get to watch the game, but can only go by the numbers. Only 5 defenders played more snaps in the blowout, and only one LB played more.

Wheeler 56/67 (17run - 6rush - 33coverage)

Jenkins 47/67 (15-3-29)

Looks like they both dropped into coverage about the same amount. Trusnik only played 35 snaps (17cov). It looks like a lot of bench LBs got playing time in the blowout, with 16 combined snaps for bench players.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that a fair amount of his lower snap total was due to the combined blowout and injury; and coaches erring on caution while up by 50 points.
Thanks for the analysis.

Two games, 9 total tackles. Increased competition from Misi and Jones for tackles might be too much for him to overcome.

I would relax people. The Dolphins dominated the ball, time of possession was 37.5 minutes compared to 22.5 minutes for the Bears. Dolphins only had six players with more than 1 solo and only two players with more than 4 total tackles. I wouldn't overreact, he wasn't on the field very much.

Jenkins 54/54
Misi 38/54
Wheeler and Trusnik 11/54
MIA 33 tackle opportunities

Still concerned about competition, especially Jones.

I hate it when I cut a guy, he gets picked up by another team, and then puts up big numbers. Stupid Jelani Jenkins.

Users who are viewing this thread