What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ingram out for a month... (1 Viewer)

oh FML :censored:

I didn't know Ingram got hurt. That's 3 RB's in one day gone from my starting lineup (Matthews, Ingram, Moreno) So much for the zero RB theory looking good. :hot:

Deep leaguers could possibly look towards Cadet? Cadet seems more like a Thomas replacement but with the way #### is shaping up I think exploring all possible avenues is a good idea.

Are ingram owners going to hold him for 4 to 6 weeks? My league has short benches and I doubt I could carry him that long. Seems better to cut him and find a useful player

I was going to post something on Ingram's injury history as the hype swelled to a crescendo yesterday. Like I said in the other thread, he's got a long injury history. He did start to look good. This is good news for Brees owners -- maybe the Saints will run the ball less. They ran the ball 27 plays yesterday. Brees owners want more volume.

I was going to post something on Ingram's injury history as the hype swelled to a crescendo yesterday. Like I said in the other thread, he's got a long injury history. He did start to look good. This is good news for Brees owners -- maybe the Saints will run the ball less. They ran the ball 27 plays yesterday. Brees owners want more volume.
Brees is going to go crazy at home vs the vikings. 4tds and 400 yards. Minimum.

Yeah, this is reason #1 for a Brees bump, reason #2 is that the Saints are 0-2 trying this little running experiment.

Already have Robinson - was thinking about trying to get Knile Davis or Chris Ivory....thinking I will cancel those waiver moves now...

Khiry is about to take off I do believe. He has breakaway ability that Ingram does not possess IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is reason #1 for a Brees bump, reason #2 is that the Saints are 0-2 trying this little running experiment.
They've thrown the ball 82 times in 2 games (on pace for more attempts than last season)- you think the reason they're 0-2 is because they've run it too much?

They've thrown the ball 82 times in 2 games (on pace for more attempts than last season)- you think the reason they're 0-2 is because they've run it too much?
I wish I could breakdown the stats....but let's put it this way. There are two types of teams:

(1) those that pass when they have to

(2) those that always prefer to pass no matter the situation (when winning, goalline, 3rd and short, 1st down, etc)

The Saints have typically been in category 2, but have been more in category 1 through two games than category 2. Sure, when they've been behind by 2 scores or when late and losing they've passed a ton, but even those firmly in category 1 do that.

I would say a month to heal but it will take a couple more weeks for him to work back into game shape. So, six weeks is a more realistic timeline for when he could resume full duties in game action.

I wish I could breakdown the stats....but let's put it this way. There are two types of teams:

(2) those that always prefer to pass no matter the situation (when winning, goalline, 3rd and short, 1st down, etc)

The Saints have typically been in category 2, but have been more in category 1 through two games than category 2. Sure, when they've been behind by 2 scores or when late and losing they've passed a ton, but even those firmly in category 1 do that.
This is just all sorts of incorrect. The largest deficit the Saints have faced this season is not coincidentally after Brees threw a pick 6 yesterday and even that was only 13 points in the 2nd qtr. In week 1 they were winning most of the game and never trailed by more than 4 pts., and they attempted 15 passes vs. 5 runs in the 1st qtr. when they were leading the entire time. They started out the game this week with 6 straight passing attempts (2 3-and-outs). Etc. The Saints have typically had one of the lowest run/pass ratios in the NFL, and this year is no different.

In any event, you didn't answer the question- you think the reason they are 0-2 is because they've run too much?

This is just all sorts of incorrect. The largest deficit the Saints have faced this season is not coincidentally after Brees threw a pick 6 yesterday and even that was only 13 points in the 2nd qtr. In week 1 they were winning most of the game and never trailed by more than 4 pts., and they attempted 15 passes vs. 5 runs in the 1st qtr. when they were leading the entire time. They started out the game this week with 6 straight passing attempts (2 3-and-outs). Etc. The Saints have typically had one of the lowest run/pass ratios in the NFL, and this year is no different.

In any event, you didn't answer the question- you think the reason they are 0-2 is because they've run too much?
Yes.

And wow, you're so wrong.

Saints Pass Selection % Rank:

2012: 3rd

2013: 5th

2014: 13th

I don't think this is correct. Their run to pass ratio in 2013 was 62.48 %

Yesterday it was 59.7%, and they were behind most of the game.

You figure that out.

Yes.

Yep. And considering that in FF everything is relative, Brees owners want more volume.

I would say a month to heal but it will take a couple more weeks for him to work back into game shape. So, six weeks is a more realistic timeline for when he could resume full duties in game action.
Huh? He is in game shape now. Even with a cast the guy can stay in game shape. When he is healed he will be ready to go.

Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:

Yes.

:lmao:

Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:

Yes.

So...he's right about relative ratios, and you're wrong, and you're going to laugh at that?

What about our points and stats are you laughing about, precisely?

A smiley face is not an answer -- it's the sign of someone with no argument.

rockaction said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:

Yes.

Yep. And considering that in FF everything is relative, Brees owners want more volume.
Yes, everything is relative.

And through two games the Saints are behind that curve. And two games is just two game so there's plenty of time to recover from this and the Ingram injury will not hinder the possibility of that happening.

rockaction said:
Who doesn't want their players to get more volume? The point is, he's on pace to throw the same as (slightly more than) last season, so the reason he hasn't been great for fantasy so far has nothing to do with lack of volume.

Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:

Yes.

So...he's right about relative ratios, and you're wrong, and you're going to laugh at that?

I'm laughing at the fact that he thinks they lost because they ran the ball too much. That's absurd.

I'm also laughing because he said they only passed a lot when they were behind by two scores or when late and losing since I clearly showed that's completely false.

Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:

Yes.

I'm laughing at the fact that he thinks they lost because they ran the ball too much. That's absurd.
Ah, I read that wrong. I think I'm talking about fantasy vs. real life situations and you guys are delving into the overall success of the Saints. I'm purely interested in passing volume and the Bress/effective Ingram dynamic.

My apologies.

Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:

Yes.

:rolleyes:

Through two games, they're first in the NFL in points and second in yards.

They're 0-2 because the defense sucks.

Ah, I read that wrong. I think I'm talking about fantasy vs. real life situations and you guys are delving into the overall success of the Saints. I'm purely interested in passing volume and the Bress/effective Ingram dynamic.

My apologies.
Yeah, I think we're talking about the "Brees/effective Ingram dynamic" in fantasy; which of course is a reflection of the actual games and to a certain extent wins&losses.

Saints total plays are up 13% this year, the running game has gotten 100% of those extra plays. So the Saints are on pace for 0% change in passes attempted. Meanwhile, Brees' competition for fantasy points at the QB position is passing on a higher percent of downs than the Saints.

Ingram going down will probably help change this brief, 2-game dynamic. That seems like a logical conclusion to make...but hey, people can disagree with that all they want. It's subjective.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Khiry is about to take off I do believe. He has breakaway ability that Ingram does not possess IMO.
Yeah, that 4.71 40 at his pro day (translates to 4.80 at the combine) really screams burner! :rolleyes:

humpback said:
Tango said:
rockaction said:
They have always run the ball more than many people realize.

What has been lacking is Sproles. You get a guy like graham, spread the field and have sproles run loose? Nearly unstoppable. Cooks was supposed to fill some of that role but I'm not seeing how that happens from a more pure WR position.

Are ingram owners going to hold him for 4 to 6 weeks? My league has short benches and I doubt I could carry him that long. Seems better to cut him and find a useful player
Nope, I own him in every one of my leagues, but having to go with replacement players throughout my lineups makes him the odd man out. Unfortunately I'll be sticking w/ Ryan Mathews over Ingram in every league =/ With Mathews having the higher ceiling and Ingram the lower floor.

With the way this year is going...I have zero confidence Khiry is a safe play. Look at all the hype Forsett was getting after Rice was booted. Yet who was the bellcow? Wasn't this year supposed to be Spiller's year? Fred Jackson is STILL the man. Vereen was in for a big week in week 2...Ridley got damn near 30 carries and Vereen was an after thought. It's almost as if the coaches read these message boards and do the opposite of popular opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread