What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goodell's Status as Commissioner (1 Viewer)

Goodell's Future Status

• He will resign or be forced out as Commissioner before next season.

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Stay as Commissioner with complete Personal Conduct power for the next season.

Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Stay as Commissioner with a revised Personal Conduct Policy before next season.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • He is a great Commissioner who gives out fair punishments.

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Jerry Curl

Footballguy
I used to be a Goodell supporter but now through his mishandling of things lately I guess you could say I'm not a fan. Regardless of what we think of the issues, the ruling today involving Ray Rice, the ruling involving Bountygate and the total mishandling of Petersons case and soon to be ruling which may be for Peterson if the past appeals are any result shows that the current Commissioner is not capable to handle the discipline of the league.

What is the current climate of visitors here to this site about Goodell and how he has done his job and what do you think his future status is with the league? I created a poll, feel free to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodell is an employee of the 32 owners. The owners are making more money than ever before. I suspect that the owners provide extensive feedback on what they want from Goodell. Given all that, I don't think the owners are disappointed with all the money they have been counting, so I don't see Goodell resigning or getting forced out.

Goodell is an employee of the 32 owners. The owners are making more money than ever before. I suspect that the owners provide extensive feedback on what they want from Goodell. Given all that, I don't think the owners are disappointed with all the money they have been counting, so I don't see Goodell resigning or getting forced out.
It could be bad based off the Mueller report where the league who cares so much about public perception will have no choice.

From a story on PFT...

It’s unclear whether the Rice ruling will trigger specific action by NFL ownership. However, the decision sets the stage for a potentially scathing report from former FBI director Robert Mueller, whose analysis could end up wreaking real havoc at 345 Park Avenue.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/28/ginsberg-takes-aim-at-goodell/

Did the networks' checks from the latest TV contracts clear?

Yeah, he's safe.

(Though I do think he quietly gives up his role as disciplinarian under the PCP because it's become too big of a headache.)

People who think Goodell wont be fired say:

1. he makes the owners make too much money

Yet they often also say that....

2. the owners tell Goodell what to do about everything and he is just doing their bidding.

If #2 is true, then #1 is not and that means means Goodell is very much replaceable.

So you think they make more BECAUSE of Goodell?

I don't, but then, I don't think most Fortune 500 companies that succeed do so because of their CEOs. But when that stock price goes up, you can be damn sure the CEO will reap the lion share of the rewards.

2. the owners tell Goodell what to do about everything and he is just doing their bidding.

If #2 is true, then #1 is not and that means means Goodell is very much replaceable.
I agree with 1, but not 2. He's not just doing their bidding. He ultimately serves at their pleasure, but he does two things very well for them that they might not be able to do for themselves: make them lots of money, and serve as a heat shield (think of how much more crap Goodell has taken over Ray Rice than the Ravens have, despite the fact that Bisciotti appears to have screwed up even more egregiously than he did).

But even if 2 were true, it wouldn't necessarily disprove 1. It's entirely possible they could replace RG and continue to make the same amount of money. But people are risk-averse, all the more so when there's so much money at stake. If I'm an owner, and all I'm concerned about is my bottom line (but I repeat myself ...), I'm going to look at Goodell and think, "Why risk bringing in a new golden goose when the current one is laying so many eggs?"

This. I don't forsee any changes in the near future. I could see, however, a pretty extensive revision to the way the personal conduct policies are enforced in the next CBA

I don't, but then, I don't think most Fortune 500 companies that succeed do so because of their CEOs. But when that stock price goes up, you can be damn sure the CEO will reap the lion share of the rewards.
But when the company starts to look stupid to tons of people, who is there to do something about that CEO?

When the actual product itself is getting worse (and it certainly is), who is there to do something about that CEO?

About the Goodell making the league a bunch of money, whoever the Commissioner is of the NFL can make the league some money. The NFL sells its self.

This is the beginning of the end for Goodell. Having a Commissioner who is known to lie in important instances is not good for the NFL.

I don't agree that money is the overriding factor. The NFL is not as concerned with how much money they are making as how much money they could or should be making. If the NFL thought they couldn't be making more money they wouldn't be chasing the female market and Europe so hard, just as examples.

And people should remember that when a commissioner starts mucking around in their own personnel business to the detrimient of their teams, then that commish can be sent packing. For instance Fay Vincent and the Steve Howe incident in MLB. Though in the end baseball shot itself in the foot with that.

Something that's going on here that is different from other leagues and past NFL commissioners is that Goodell is essentially acting as a corporate lawyer for the NFL, handling internal labor issues as they arise, ad hoc as they would like and as he likes. Now it is true that Goodell has been embarrassed and shown to be a liar in public not once but twice. During bountygate he was forced to drop all player suspensions when faced with answering discovery and testifying. It also happened with StarCaps. As we can see from Rice that was a disaster when he did that. The problem is that his rogue, irresponsible, unethical behavior is the result of his acting to protect the league owners, and in that respect he has been acting partly as a lawyer, which he is. Tagliabue was also a lawyer but he never acted in this role, or rarely. Other NFL commissioners from Rozelle on down to the beginning of the league were football men, they were different. Goodell's fates and the owners are intertwined in this respect, they have hired a henchman and they are principals in all this.

Other shoes that could drop would be:

• If the Rice transcripts were released, if they proved to have revelations about how completely disingenuous RG has been and if the media picked it up and if the public cared enough.
  • Also if Peterson somehow got a similar independent hearing, or if he forced Goodell into court, and if he then obtained a similar ruling based on Goodell's lack of credibility. (I don't see that happening).
  • The union demands RG's removal as a condition to move forward in future negotiations, based on breach of trust.
Finally there is the internal investigational report that will be coming out from former FBI director Robert Mueller. If any conclusions or emails came out that directly showed Goodell to be again a liar or even worse yet connected his actions to deception by the owners, that would be disastrous for him. The money being made would not matter, there are others who could be just as good at making money for the NFL, which is let's face it one big fat golden cornucopia.

No one can predict those things happening, but that's what it would take. Barring that, no, I voted, "Stay as Commissioner with a revised Personal Conduct Policy before next season."

Tango said:

If he weighs the same as a duck, how can he not be made of wood?

I don't agree that money is the overriding factor. The NFL is not as concerned with how much money they are making as how much money they could or should be making. If the NFL thought they couldn't be making more money they wouldn't be chasing the female market and Europe so hard, just as examples.

And people should remember that when a commissioner starts mucking around in their own personnel business to the detrimient of their teams, then that commish can be sent packing. For instance Fay Vincent and the Steve Howe incident in MLB. Though in the end baseball shot itself in the foot with that.

Something that's going on here that is different from other leagues and past NFL commissioners is that Goodell is essentially acting as a corporate lawyer for the NFL, handling internal labor issues as they arise, ad hoc as they would like and as he likes. Now it is true that Goodell has been embarrassed and shown to be a liar in public not once but twice. During bountygate he was forced to drop all player suspensions when faced with answering discovery and testifying. It also happened with StarCaps. As we can see from Rice that was a disaster when he did that. The problem is that his rogue, irresponsible, unethical behavior is the result of his acting to protect the league owners, and in that respect he has been acting partly as a lawyer, which he is. Tagliabue was also a lawyer but he never acted in this role, or rarely. Other NFL commissioners from Rozelle on down to the beginning of the league were football men, they were different. Goodell's fates and the owners are intertwined in this respect, they have hired a henchman and they are principals in all this.

Other shoes that could drop would be:

• If the Rice transcripts were released, if they proved to have revelations about how completely disingenuous RG has been and if the media picked it up and if the public cared enough.
  • Also if Peterson somehow got a similar independent hearing, or if he forced Goodell into court, and if he then obtained a similar ruling based on Goodell's lack of credibility. (I don't see that happening).
  • The union demands RG's removal as a condition to move forward in future negotiations, based on breach of trust.
Finally there is the internal investigational report that will be coming out from former FBI director Robert Mueller. If any conclusions or emails came out that directly showed Goodell to be again a liar or even worse yet connected his actions to deception by the owners, that would be disastrous for him. The money being made would not matter, there are others who could be just as good at making money for the NFL, which is let's face it one big fat golden cornucopia.

No one can predict those things happening, but that's what it would take. Barring that, no, I voted, "Stay as Commissioner with a revised Personal Conduct Policy before next season."
That is what I believe will happen. The talent the NFL has is not gonna be pushed aside by owners to defend the Goodell. I am referring to him as "The Goodell" since he thinks he is god. I mean he has to think that to do some of the things he think he can get away with.

zftcg said:
ghostguy123 said:
Anarchy99 said:
Funny thing is, the NFL's rate of growth has actually declined under Goodell. In fact, it's the slowest growing major sport in North America now. Most of that success came under Tagliabue.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/nfl-owners-may-be-overvaluing-goodell/

This is the beginning of the end for Goodell. Having a Commissioner who is known to lie in important instances is not good for the NFL.
But how bad is it?

If the sheeple are ranting about Goodell, they aren't wondering why the teams they root for and spend money on, continue to employ woman-beating fatherless children factories. Goodell has 32 owners that are quite happy that HE is getting the static, and not them.

And this will blow over.......actually, it won't even blow over. There's nothing to blow over. There's no more calls for anyone's head, none that really scare anyone any more.

Why fire Goodell? Because ratings are down? People aren't going to games? People are voting with their wallets?

Nah. You'll still be here watching. Just like you were last week. Where was this poll last week?

LOL at this thread. Goodell is in a no win situation. If he doesn't come down hard enough the advertisers and general public raises hell. If he comes down too hard, the rule of law over turns his decision. Rice was suspended indefinitely for the good of the league. Let's not forget all the players tweeting negatively about Rice. I really doubt Goodell would have done that if he was concerned about it being overturned. The courts overturning his suspension gives him the cover he wanted.

LOL at this thread. Goodell is in a no win situation.
I gotta say I disagree. There is a way out of these messes for RG.

Hold a press conference. The opening statement would go something like this:

-Start of press conference-

1) I have messed up recently when it comes to discipline because I established a standard over the last 5+ years that is impossible for a sports league to maintain credibly

2) The NFL cannot serve to be a shadow court system and fairly adjudicate justice and penalties that appear fair when contrasted with previous offenses. I will ask the NFLPA to eliminate all rules related to personal conduct and replace it as follows: If a player is charged with a felony of any kind, the NFL, the NFLPA and his team will ask him if he is guilty. If the player attests that he is guilty, then we will suspend him until the case is adjudicated by the courts and all legal penalties are fulfilled at which point he will be free to return to the NFL. If he attests that he is not guilty, then he will not be suspended...but if he proves to be guilty in a court of law then he will be suspended for a minimum of 2 seasons following all legal penalties. The NFL is officially getting out of the business of attempting to dissect which crime is worse than another, etc. A felony is a felony and that's it and though it will have serious consequences, we will not be attempting to track down video tapes and other examples of what it takes to properly fulfill the current standard that I erroneously created.

3) Moreover, we can no longer embrace every just cause (domestic violence, breast cancer, you name it), no matter how noble the cause may be. The NFL giving programs will continue and we may advertise our total amount of giving, but we will not willingly reveal specifically who we donate to and it will not make its way into our commercials or game play

4) On a related note, the NFL can no longer apologize for our sport. It is violent and always will be violent. We will continue to do our part to attempt to protect players by investing in better equipment. However, we will make two changes: 1) Eliminate many of our newer standards regarding hits to the head, etc as it is resulting in a hesitancy in defensive players that we believe is causing more injuries while also taking away from gameplay and 2) we will now require a waiver to be signed by every player in the league that relinquishes their right to sue the NFL for any reason related to injury during or after their playing career.

Thank you, any questions? Yes, Peter, please ask the question that I asked you to ask. RG answers Peter King. Peter King says he's wonderful.

-End of press conference-

1) I have messed up recently when it comes to discipline because I established a standard over the last 5+ years that is impossible for a sports league to maintain credibly

2) The NFL cannot serve to be a shadow court system and fairly adjudicate justice and penalties that appear fair when contrasted with previous offenses. I will ask the NFLPA to eliminate all rules related to personal conduct and replace it as follows: If a player is charged with a felony of any kind, the NFL, the NFLPA and his team will ask him if he is guilty. If the player attests that he is guilty, then we will suspend him until the case is adjudicated by the courts and all legal penalties are fulfilled at which point he will be free to return to the NFL. If he attests that he is not guilty, then he will not be suspended...but if he proves to be guilty in a court of law then he will be suspended for a minimum of 2 seasons. The NFL is officially getting out of the business of attempting to dissect which crime is worse than another, etc. A felony is a felony and that's it and though it will have serious consequences, we will not be attempting to track down video tapes and other examples of what it takes to properly fulfill the current standard that I erroneously created.

3) Moreover, we can no longer embrace every just cause (domestic violence, breast cancer, you name it), no matter how noble the cause may be. The NFL giving programs will continue and we may advertise our total amount of giving, but we will not willingly reveal specifically who we donate to and it will not make its way into our commercials or game play

4) On a related note, the NFL can no longer apologize for our sport. It is violent and always will be violent. We will continue to do our part to attempt to protect players by investing in better equipment. However, we will make two changes: 1) Eliminate many of our newer standards regarding hits to the head, etc as it is resulting in a hesitancy in defensive players that we believe is causing more injuries while also taking away from gameplay and 2) we will now require a waiver to be signed by every player in the league that relinquishes their right to sue the NFL for any reason related to injury during or after their playing career.

Thank you, any questions? Yes, Peter, please ask the question that I asked you to ask. RG answers Peter King. Peter King says he's wonderful.

:applause:

If Peterson wins this and a deal isnt worked out, its the end for Goodell. We would have heard from a judge who says he went too far we would have a league picked arbitrator rule against the league and Muellers reports is hanging in the wings.

People can be in denial all the want, the face of the league having no trust from its players and union and going back on deals will not survive no matter how much they make the league because the amount he can hurt the league is worth much more.

What makes it more beautiful is he didnt just try to act more powerful than an agreed upon contract, he is trying to act more powerful then a contradictory recording of a verbal contract.

It is shocking that some think he survives this if Peterson wins this appeal. If you were to do a poll of least credible people in the US, Goodell may rank up their with the worst of politicians.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the NFLPA and the NFL could still reach a settlement regarding Adrian Peterson's appeal of a season-ending suspension.

Arbitrator Harold Henderson has urged the NFL and NFLPA to work out a deal, but neither side has appeared willing to negotiate up to this point. Any settlement would have to come before Henderson issues his ruling, which is expected next week. With Sports Illustrated's Peter King reporting Peterson was "likely" to win his appeal, the NFL may be inclined to reach a settlement rather than deal with the backlash of another failure of their disciplinary process. Peterson is still unlikely to play this season, but his chances are improving by the day.
Source: Pro Football Talk
Dec 6 - 11:18 AM

2) The NFL cannot serve to be a shadow court system and fairly adjudicate justice and penalties that appear fair when contrasted with previous offenses. I will ask the NFLPA to eliminate all rules related to personal conduct and replace it as follows: If a player is charged with a felony of any kind, the NFL, the NFLPA and his team will ask him if he is guilty. If the player attests that he is guilty, then we will suspend him until the case is adjudicated by the courts and all legal penalties are fulfilled at which point he will be free to return to the NFL. If he attests that he is not guilty, then he will not be suspended...but if he proves to be guilty in a court of law then he will be suspended for a minimum of 2 seasons. The NFL is officially getting out of the business of attempting to dissect which crime is worse than another, etc. A felony is a felony and that's it and though it will have serious consequences, we will not be attempting to track down video tapes and other examples of what it takes to properly fulfill the current standard that I erroneously created.

:applause:
with the speech in less than an hour....bump.

2) The NFL cannot serve to be a shadow court system and fairly adjudicate justice and penalties that appear fair when contrasted with previous offenses. I will ask the NFLPA to eliminate all rules related to personal conduct and replace it as follows: If a player is charged with a felony of any kind, the NFL, the NFLPA and his team will ask him if he is guilty. If the player attests that he is guilty, then we will suspend him until the case is adjudicated by the courts and all legal penalties are fulfilled at which point he will be free to return to the NFL. If he attests that he is not guilty, then he will not be suspended...but if he proves to be guilty in a court of law then he will be suspended for a minimum of 2 seasons following all legal penalties. The NFL is officially getting out of the business of attempting to dissect which crime is worse than another, etc. A felony is a felony and that's it and though it will have serious consequences, we will not be attempting to track down video tapes and other examples of what it takes to properly fulfill the current standard that I erroneously created.

That's not going to work. Sponsors were threatening to bail left and right if AP stepped onto the field. Goodell's job isn't to be fair, it's to maximize revenue for the owners which flows through to the players. If Goodell takes the stance you're taking about and the league losses millions of dollars, both the owners and players will have his scalp.

That's not going to work. Sponsors were threatening to bail left and right if AP stepped onto the field. Goodell's job isn't to be fair, it's to maximize revenue for the owners which flows through to the players. If Goodell takes the stance you're taking about and the league losses millions of dollars, both the owners and players will have his scalp.
Yes, stay the course. Brilliant.

Making as much money as you can right NOW isn't necessarily the best way to run a business. There sure seems to be a lot of quick cash-grab type of things going on with the NFL, and eventually the product will suffer (which has already begun).

And regarding the sponsors, they also want to maximize their profits, and pulling their adds from NFL viewing time is a pretty terrible way to do that. Until some sponsors actually do pull out and hurt the bottom line, it might not be the best idea to succumb to every threat.

"It has been a tough year. It's been a tough year on me personally, it's been a year of what I would say humility and learning. We obviously as an organization have gone through adversity, but more importantly it's been adversity for me."

what an arrogant pos.

:lmao:

The Goodell emergency PR plan:

1) Wait for something bad to happen.

2) Partly address behind close doors, tell no one.

3) Wait for it to go away.

4) Did it go away yet? Keep waiting.

5) Emerge several months later, address nothing. Ask self why media still cares.

6) Fine Marshawn Lynch for not talking to media.

The Goodell emergency PR plan:

1) Wait for something bad to happen.

2) Partly address behind close doors, tell no one.

3) Wait for it to go away.

4) Did it go away yet? Keep waiting.

5) Emerge several months later, address nothing. Ask self why media still cares.

6) Fine Marshawn Lynch for not talking to media.
You missed the biggest one.

7) PROFIT!

We learned again this week that the Ray Rice debacle did irreparable damage. The Rachel Nichols flap, a small problem in comparison, is causing a stir precisely because RG landed on thin ice due to Rice.

RG's checking account may be fat, the owners' wallets may be fat too, but RG has cleaned out whatever was in his credibility-bank to the point where a straw may break the camel's back. If you think the owners aren't actively discussing their path to continued financial success in a world without RG starting in 2015 because you think RG is safe because revenue growth matters more than PR; well PR is reminding us of its importance despite record revenue. PR failures--->long term damage--->long term revenue erosion--->long term erosion of the value of franchises vs what they could have been valued.

The league has willingly become a national joke in order to hold onto its Commish. It made that trade-off knowingly thinking that it would dissipate and that RG would re-gain his credibility with the public. Most of us knew that was a losing bet for the long-term health of the league. More and more owners are probably realizing that now too after this week's milestone.

In the face of record revenue, RG's job being his in 3 years is looking like a 50/50 proposition.

We learned again this week that the Ray Rice debacle did irreparable damage. The Rachel Nichols flap, a small problem in comparison, is causing a stir precisely because RG landed on thin ice due to Rice.

RG's checking account may be fat, the owners' wallets may be fat too, but RG has cleaned out whatever was in his credibility-bank to the point where a straw may break the camel's back. If you think the owners aren't actively discussing their path to continued financial success in a world without RG starting in 2015 because you think RG is safe because revenue growth matters more than PR; well PR is reminding us of its importance despite record revenue. PR failures--->long term damage--->long term revenue erosion--->long term erosion of the value of franchises vs what they could have been valued.

The league has willingly become a national joke in order to hold onto its Commish. It made that trade-off knowingly thinking that it would dissipate and that RG would re-gain his credibility with the public. Most of us knew that was a losing bet for the long-term health of the league. More and more owners are probably realizing that now too after this week's milestone.

In the face of record revenue, RG's job being his in 3 years is looking like a 50/50 proposition.
The Rachel Nichols flap was a great response to a bad question. Rachel tried to come up with some cute and articulate question that was supposed to grill Roger without him having a good response. The media has spun it because Roger went after one of their own.

Bill Simmons said this about Goodell in Sept. (The comparison is to spygate)

"This Ray Rice thing's much worse, but, it still has the same elements of that last one. Of him, he has a buddy who owns a team and he's trying to make something go away as fast as possible."

he's trying to make something go away as fast as possible

To me, that's Roger Goodell.

Given that, you'd think the natural response to deflategate would have been to say we're investigating and then shut the eff up about it until after the Superbowl. But the leaks kept coming, and you'd wonder if that would lead to a perception among the owners that Roger's not in control of his own office. And maybe that would finally spell the end...

The Rachel Nichols flap was a great response to a bad question. Rachel tried to come up with some cute and articulate question that was supposed to grill Roger without him having a good response. The media has spun it because Roger went after one of their own.
Good, relevant question.

Pi*s poor response. Even worse joke.

Are the ratings up? Are they making #### tons more money than ever before?

If yes, then the owners treat the rest of this stuff as noise.

Morale, public sentiment...whatever the term, 2015 was not the best year for the NFL. Starting with Gordon and then Rice then the back in Arizona then ADP, then blown calls in the playoffs and now deflated balls.

Public leaders are kept to this odd standard where they are supposed to be able to squash a situation with a speech or statement and the public then moves on. He hasn't done this well and like countless mayors and governors before him, he might lose his job because of it. At some point, people want a shiny happy face as a change.

I'm not sure if it matters if he or mayors or governors did their job well, they're supposed to take the blame and lose their job. I think our society just seems to dictate that.

Pick a good egg, anyone, former player or senator or...anyone the public adores and imagine him at a podium instead of Goodell there's something odd about how we react to the very same situation now suddenly being represented by a new familiar face.

I don't think the competition committee has done a good job with the rules concerning the WRs and CBs and think it negatively affected play this year. He'll get blamed for this but I don't think he's on the committee.

I like what I've seen of the concussion protocol and it does seem proactive and like it's got the support of everyone involved. The negative press of former players suing the league takes the shine right off this progress.

If I'm not mistaken, one of his pet projects is the NFL's youth program which donates millions to young kids and schools to get them to exercise. It is fantastic, but there is always an article about obesity in america to wreck that positive vibe.

Right now there are more negative articles about players than articles praising Thomas Davis.

There are more articles and more talk about things other than the Superbowl than there are about the biggest game of the year.

I think it's possible owners want a new shiny face to change the culture. In no way would I put all this on Goodell, but think it's just customary for him to take the blame.

Goodell's mistake is not appointing a subordinate to be discipline czar.
When he took over, one of his selling points was being tougher and holding players to a higher standard and we all applauded him for that and wanted that from him. The luster has really worn off for him though

He is done, primarily for what he allowed to happen with DeflateGate; a total non story that he allowed to become a National news story and sully the reputation of the league and the Patriots in the 2 weeks leading up to the NFLs showcase event.

Goodell is gone one way or another and Kensil the Rat will be fired or asked to leave as well.

IHEARTFF said:
Are the ratings up? Are they making #### tons more money than ever before?

If yes, then the owners treat the rest of this stuff as noise.
Exactly. None of this stuff matters as long as you people keep watching in ever greater numbers.

Curious who thinks he keeps his job after this potential fallout.

Patriots scandal and his ties to Kraft...He HAS to suspend Brady and Belly for a year IMO.

Collins and the Cowboys potential unfair advantage...

Goodell has a lot to speak on in the next week. I don't see how he can come out ahead of these situations. Might really be the end for this guy...

Patriots scandal and his ties to Kraft...He HAS to suspend Brady and Belly for a year IMO.

Goodell has a lot to speak on in the next week. I don't see how he can come out ahead of these situations. Might really be the end for this guy...
Why would he lose his job over the Pats doing something?

And Vincent is the one levying this penalty.

People need to quit thinking Goodell does it all on his own.

Call me stupid then. I'm the average fan spending money at an NFL game. I think the NFL is losing its grip on reality. Whats YOUR play?

Didnt he screw up so much he just kinda passed-the-buck?

I realise it was probably best for everyone to not have Goodell with too much power, but he still is the ships captain.

Call me stupid then. I'm the average fan spending money at an NFL game. I think the NFL is losing its grip on reality. Whats YOUR play?
How are they losing a grip on reality?

Brady will likely get hit with a 2 game suspension...appealed down to one. Mainly because he basically lied and withheld information from the NFL.

People whine and complain that he is judge, jury, and executioner...so then he starts changing thing and letting investigators do things...report on them before making a decision and even letting his assistant do some of it...and people still complain about him.

There just seems to be a group of people that won't ever be happy no matter what he does. And its not a large enough group to come close to costing him his job.

How are they losing a grip on reality?

Brady will likely get hit with a 2 game suspension...appealed down to one. Mainly because he basically lied and withheld information from the NFL.

People whine and complain that he is judge, jury, and executioner...so then he starts changing thing and letting investigators do things...report on them before making a decision and even letting his assistant do some of it...and people still complain about him.

There just seems to be a group of people that won't ever be happy no matter what he does. And its not a large enough group to come close to costing him his job.
Sho... you know Rodgers is #2 on this list. Your boy might have to answer questions sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread