What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible's Drive for Cystic Fibrosis - Sat. 8/29 noon-mid ET (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Hey folks,

Cecil and I will be talking fantasy football for 12 hours this Saturday (8/29) to benefit cystic fibrosis research.

You can listen here: http://www.thefantasysportschannel.com/cff/

And you can donate here: http://www.audiblecharity.com

The schedule is starting to come together - Doug Drinen and Chase Stuart are coming up with trivia questions - stumpers that they will donate every time someone gets one correct. We're going to have plenty of guests from the FBG staff, the FF community, and the NFL community.

If you donate part of your league's prize pool, we'll give the winner of your league a special call-out on the audible at the end of the season - just email me to let me know your league info and then email again in December with the info on the winner.

Tentative Schedule

12:00-1:30 - QBs

1:30-4:30 - RBs

4:30-7:30 - WRs

7:30-9:00 - TE/K/DEF

9:00-12:00 - Free for all

Matt Waldman and Andrew Garda will be giving us 30 minute breaks from 3-3:30, 6:30-7, and 10-10:30.

Confirmed Guests

A TON of FBG staff including David Dodds

A TON of fellow blogtalkradio Fantasy Football Talk Show Hosts

Mark Schlereth, ESPN

Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

Daniel Jeremiah, former BAL and CLE scout, @MoveTheSticks at Twitter.com

Adam Schefter, ESPN

Michael Lombardi, National Football Post

Matt Williamson, ESPN.com and Scouts, Inc.

This list will grow as the event approaches, check back for updates!

Thanks for everything you do to help make the Audible one of the highest rated sports podcasts on iTunes!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind me asking, why did you guys choose Cystic Fibrosis? You don't need to answer if you don't want to, but I was curious. I don't know much about the disease.

what gives Bloom? No IDP Segment?

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

How about cutting the other sections down an hour and throwing 4-5hours at IDP? Sounds like the plan to me!

what gives Bloom? No IDP Segment? NO SOUP FOR YOU!How about cutting the other sections down an hour and throwing 4-5hours at IDP? Sounds like the plan to me!
I'm sure we'll talk some IDP as the day goes on. You'll be pleased to know that Jene, John, and I are recording another IDP roundtable this week, look for it soon.

Mike said:
If you don't mind me asking, why did you guys choose Cystic Fibrosis? You don't need to answer if you don't want to, but I was curious. I don't know much about the disease.
Blogtalkradio hosted a talkathon for Fantasy Baseball that benefitted Cystic Fibrosis, so there was an existing relationship, most people stricken with the disease are children, it greatly shortens the average life span of those who have the disease, it's an inherited, genetic disease, so we think more research money could definitely find a cure.

Sigmund, will there be any virtual Jugglers, Acrobats or Bonfires? If not you and Cecil should at a minimum bounce on a virtual trampoline as "You Enjoy Your-self"; no need to talk in tongues at the end of the 12 hrs though! :hifive:

Great job by FBG's in doing things outside the proverbial box!!!! :goodposting: :lmao:

I'm in awe of this. The generosity and kindness, the wealth of football info, the sure to be vast array of guests...hat's off to Cecil and Bloom.

wonderful wonderful wonderful

Blogtalkradio hosted a talkathon for Fantasy Baseball that benefitted Cystic Fibrosis, so there was an existing relationship, most people stricken with the disease are children, it greatly shortens the average life span of those who have the disease, it's an inherited, genetic disease, so we think more research money could definitely find a cure.
After having been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, I have focused all of my charity efforts (giving or fund-raising) towards cancer research.... but CF is an awful disease and a good cause. :lmao:

Guys are doing a great job. Had a blast showing up for a segment, even got to talk some trivia with Chase. :goodposting:

Such a great cause. I didn't get to say it on the show but my wife is a carrier of the trait and so we got educated quickly about the risks. As it turns out, I'm not a carrier so our kids weren't at major risk, but it's still something that once we realized more about, felt great about supporting. So the guys choice of the CF Foundation made this all sorts of easy to get behind.

After having been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year,
sorry to hear that, hope you can beat it. God Bless.
Thanks, Bri.Thankfully, I had one of the most curable cancers (testicular) - it had 2 surgeries and 12 weeks of chemo, but I was declared cancer free on 6/16/09. But, like I said, I am much more ... sensitive... to cancer as a cause given what I went through and friends and other connections I've made through the process.

More trivia: Name the 7 members of the Hall of Fame who were born outside of the US (bonus pts for the countries they were born in).

More trivia: Name the 7 members of the Hall of Fame who were born outside of the US (bonus pts for the countries they were born in).
Tough question. I looked it up, but I don't think I knew more than one of those guys were not born in the U.S. Good question to know.

Tough question. I looked it up, but I don't think I knew more than one of those guys were not born in the U.S. Good question to know.
Ha... I know. I only knew 2 of them before.Here's an easier one. There are 15 members who were born in Pittsburgh/Western PA. My wife, a Pittsburgh native, was able to rattle off 11 of them. How many can you name?

After having been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year,
sorry to hear that, hope you can beat it. God Bless.
Thanks, Bri.Thankfully, I had one of the most curable cancers (testicular) - it had 2 surgeries and 12 weeks of chemo, but I was declared cancer free on 6/16/09. But, like I said, I am much more ... sensitive... to cancer as a cause given what I went through and friends and other connections I've made through the process.
great news, good for you

Whoever put this together, as a sibling of a victim of CF - thanks!

Sorry, I missed this.

ETA: I won't name names, but a somewhat regular poster in the FFA (I can't speak about Shark Pool) has a daughter with CF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread